Omowale Jabali : Can We Defeat White Supremacy?

Discussion in 'Omowale Jabali' started by Omowale Jabali, Feb 15, 2008.

?

Can We Defeat White Supremacy?

Poll closed Nov 10, 2010.
  1. Yes

85.7%
  2. No

14.3%
  3. Undecided

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Brother,

I believe it can happen. I will discuss my dream of why I believe.

Blackbird

3. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    white supremacy?

Im not here to debate with folks so if you reply in disagreement do NOT expect a response.

I know that there is no such thing as 'white supremacy.'

"Supremacy" is the wrong word, it supposes that everyone else is going up against a supreme group of people and/or system.They may try to "MAKE" themselves out to be, in a very sophisticated matter, many times when the smoke clears people begin to see things differently and are drawn to groups like this forum, and grassroots organizations. That belief of "supremacy "kills most people before the first battle even begins. They are no more immune from mistakes than we are (Ankhenaten showed me that this morning when the "ATEN" did not shine, but AMON said "HELLO!"). A more correct word would be "system" or "structure of doing/percieving things." Both things change anyway....and if they do not TIME will change them, along with fed up people.

Now something is wrong, but dont let that get you mad (for a long time). In the interview I posted with the legendary (D)ick Gregory he mentions what happens to people who stay angry forever......

So can we do it? yes,

My main concern is in my house, there is some ish happening with my people that I am bothered by and I seek to change for the better. Starting there seems more practical anyway.

4. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    sadly: no

1.) your every action is another support/enactment of/for "white supremacy". (political/economic/corporate "power"/"empowerment", etc.)

2.) YOU ARE STILL ASKING THE QUESTION, rather than STATING the path away.

3.) apparently, you find it too comfortable.

but it is your system; you do the work supporting it and making it work. you reap any purported "benefits", you are on the receiving end (while paying for it) of the propaganda; you insist that our children adhere to the "system" so that "they can get ahead" ....

(i do trust that y'all will recognize that i have used the general form of "you" rather than the specific form and, while on the one hand, not "take it personal", on the other hand, recognize your(specific) personal contribution and responsibility?)

"defeat white supremacy" has "white supremacy" as the object/focus. "black supremacy" is, essentially, the same type of mindset, but from a different perspective that is not so much "better" as it is merely different ... which is actually a net loss if one could see it from outside the box.

what is needed is to manage to get to a frame of mind whereby something more suited to our basic natural spiritual nature is at the base of what we need to grow.

5. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    I agree. It is a system or structure setup to appear as supremacy. "That belief of "supremacy "kills most people before the first battle even begins." Brother, who can dispute that? Says it all.

Now y'all let's get started....

Blackbird

6. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

I am sure you are familiar with the art of psychological warfare. Many of us have our will to fight undermined before we begin. Unfortunately, we often undermine our own will in our unbelief in our own power.

7. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    How do we get started?

Look in the mirror. Simply ask yourself (and then write down) "How can I make my personal problems dissappear and/or more manangeable? What values and principles do I make my decisions on? " And feel free to add any o ther POSITIVE questions (that involve freinds,family,money,etc)that have POSITIVE solutions (ie no negations: "i cannot do that b/c fill in blank, i do not want to think about how bad I will do,etc) to them, look at it before you go to bed and after you wake up...if you have to make of graph of your principles and values.

as my great uncle would say "follow your mind." ONE of our problems is that our mind is not made up for us (since we are all interwoven) and we need a foundation to stand on in order to make certain decisions.When we do make up our minds we fight ourselves because the ground we stand on is not as popular (i have dont this)

here is some rights of passage books as well:

Orita: Rites of passage for youth of African descent in America
    http://www.amazon.com/Orita-passage...=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1203127366&sr=1-7

African Centered Rites of Passage and Education
    http://www.amazon.com/African-Centered-Rites-Passage-Education/dp/0913543497/ref=pd_sim_b_img_1

Coming of Age: African American Male Rites-of-Passage
    http://www.amazon.com/Coming-Age-American-Rites-Passage/dp/0913543284/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_b

8. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Brother,

Agreed. One of our wise ones, Dr. Wade Nobles, once stated, "Power is the ability to define reality and have others respond your definition as if it were their own." Although not a big fan of the 7 day celebration, known as Kwanzaa, I am still a firm believer in the community, nation and race transforming principles of the Nguzo Saba and value them as guideposts to use in our endeavors. One of my favorites is kujichagulia, self-determination. I've wrote many essays on that one principle. To me, a variation of Dr. Nobles quote is the mission statement of kujichagulia: Self-power is the ability to define reality and act based upon that definition.

Steve Biko also remarked, "The greatest weapon of the oppressor is the minds of the oppressed."

Blackbird

9. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Easier done then said

White Supremacy is a house tottering on stilts!
    The stilts are the dollars of folks who are not white.
    Remove the stilts and what happens???:hearthis:

10. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Wake Up Call