Black People : Can We (Black People) Solve Our Own Problems - If So, What are the First Next Steps?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Nov 30, 2011.

?

Can We (Black People) Solve Our Own Problems?

1. Yes

62.5%
  2. No

37.5%
  1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Family,

Can we (Black People) solve our own problems, or must we wait for others to help us?

Others being the government of the USA, or anyone ... do we need them to help fix all that ails us ... or can we do it alone?

If you think we can do it alone, what would be the first next steps involved?

Please vote in the poll above and leave your comments below.

Thanks in advance.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

2. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    First, we have to shed our selfish, me-above-all-others mentality…and understand that we need to work together for the betterment of the community.
    Secondly, we have to establish the parameters of what is to be called a black community…where black people pull together to lift each other up...to nurture, to guide, to mentor the very least of us, to the image and reflection of the very most of us.
    Third, we have to establish a hierarchy of goals—nationally and locally—in which everyone can play a part in achieving…thus providing a common thread in which everyone can attach themselves, and an element of hope for something better.
    Finally, we have to separate ourselves from the need for government subsistence, focusing on self-sufficiency in all areas of our lives.

These are just a few of the things that must take place if we are to solve our problems…since the government is, in part, part of our problem. No, I’m not talking about a separate nation—though, in one of my novels, “A Better Tomorrow,” I outlined and orchestrated the taking of a state for our purposes—nor even a war between the races, I’m talking about us looking out for us…for the betterment of us…not against anyone.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Oh My Gosh Baller ... at first i thot i was reading destee.com's mission statement ... :love:

I so agree with you!

Thanks!

Destee

4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

The establishment of the nation of islam should be the only example a black person need, whether they be religious or not....

Of course we can fix our problems, but just don't tell the white man that we have united to fix our own problems while we're fixing our problems....

5. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    All we have to do is be focused, that's all! After the 70s we seem to have no concern for focus and after the 90s no real focus on the common good of each other

6. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    But to be honest and blunt, and no disrspect is intended, why after this website has been here for over ten years,
    are posts and questions being asked, about things that have been answered a hundred times and described in detail a thousand times, so just to rehash, if that is necessary;
    http://destee.com/index.php?threads/the-beginning-of-economic-self-sufficiency.57308/#post-587645
    http://destee.com/index.php?threads/brainstorming-for-collective-goals-solutions.58095/#post-595097
    http://destee.com/index.php?threads/brainstorming-for-solutions.58118/page-5#post-595352
    http://destee.com/index.php?threads/is-the-nguzo-saba-just-for-kwanzaa.50097/
    http://destee.com/index.php?threads/the-7-principles-of-the-nguzo-saba.58106/
    http://destee.com/index.php?threads/is-the-nguzo-saba-just-for-kwanzaa.58491/

The Nguzo Saba
    (Seven Principles)

[​IMG] Umoja-Unity
    [oo MOH jah]
    To strive for and maintain unity in the family, community, nation and race.

[​IMG] Kujichagulia-Self Determination
    [KOO jee cha goo LEE ah]

To define ourselves, name ourselves, create for ourselves and speak for ourselves instead of being defined, named created and spoken for by others.

[​IMG] Ujima[COLOR=#000000]-[/COLOR]Collective Work and Responsibility
    [oo JEE mah]

To build and maintain our community together. To make our brothers' and sisters' problems our problems to solve together.

[​IMG] Ujamma-Cooperative Economics
    [oo JAH mah]

To build and maintain our own businesses and profit together from them.

[​IMG] Nia-Purpose
    [NEE ya]

To make our collective vocation the building and developing of our community and to restore our people to our traditional greatness.

[​IMG] Kuumba[FONT=Dauphin][COLOR=#000000]-[/COLOR][/FONT]Creativity
    [koo OOM bah]

To always do as much as we can in any way that we can, in order to leave our community more beautiful and beneficial than when we inherited it.

[​IMG] Imani[FONT=Dauphin][COLOR=#000000]-[/COLOR][/FONT]FAITH
    [ee MAH nee]

To believe with all our hearts in our GOD our people our parents, our teachers, our leaders and the righteousness and victory of our struggle.

7. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    What are our problems?

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace Brother Info,

I agree that the Nation of Islam is a wonderful example for us to learn from, but it can't be the only example, as it did not solve the problem.

The problem continues in spite of its existence ... Black Men are still killing each other, Black Babies are still dying, the list goes on and on.

But i'm with you in that the Honorable Elijah Muhammad did an absolutely great work with the Nation of Islam, and it provides much hope.

I'm with you. Thanks for Sharing.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Problee 'cause the problem(s) has yet to be solved.

Destee

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Black Men killing each other ... Black Babies dying ... Devastating Economic Conditions ... Mass Incarceration ... the list goes on and on.

Destee