Black People : can we all just get along ????

jamesfrmphilly

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
i was thinking about how most of my family can't get along. i live alone.
a friend was telling me how she had to kick her nephew out becasue they could not get along.

we were thinking about the problems black people have with just not being able to get along with one another.
how much better could we do if we could all co operate and work together.

in her familiy and mine it's a general problem.

I believe that it is because we have had a disadvantage of being a hated minority, with widespread forced racial mixing, spread out over a large area the size of many continents, being enslaved and general portrayed negatively and it affects us because we have taken on elements of white racist and white oppressors.

For black people to get along, at this point, I think it is probably best we just come together when we intend to be PRODUCTIVE as Neely Fuller says, otherwise, when we are around each other for long, we start to annoy each other > fights. And I believe this is rooted from the fact that we all have a white subconscious psyche that was and is forced on us by white society with negative images. As such, it manifest it self in fighting. You see Africans coming from the motherland, don't have this issue, they get along well with each other, although not well with other ethnic groups. So Zulus get along well with Zulues, or Yorubas with Yorubas, but not necessarily xhoasas with somalis.

You have bad parenting--abusive parents who leave their kids a psychological mess...with no idea how to navigate positive social circles, without the aid of mind-distorting courage. ALCOHOL and DRUGS have warped our mentalities...and guns have leveled the fighting field. The results: a herd of MR. BADs...who don't think they have to listen to anyone else. OF COURSE, bad parenting isn't the only thing that gets us to that point, but it is something that we could course-correct without much effort.

There are so many layers to the problem with no simple solution. Social conditioning is having a deep affect on all people, Black people in particular since we seem to be the group that most people want to hate, oppress and destroy. Can we all just get along? Sure, but only if we choose to. Why wouldn't we choose to get along? Therein lies the complexity of the situation. Quality parenting? True, much different today than in my generation--baby boomer. But what are the reasons for the difference? Could it be the impact of integration back in the 60s and 70s? If so, why? You can't get along with others if you don't care about yourself. The answers we are seeking comes from within and how we feel about ourselves. Men can't love women or each other if they lack self-respect and self-love. Women can't love men or each other if they lack self-respect or self-love. So, as parents or even role models, what is it that Black people are teaching Black children? Do we know what love is?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back