Black Relationships : Can U Define True Black Love

My Dear Dnommo......

I have to say, you took my single comment way out of context. I would never imply that "We" are before God.
God comes first before all things....
When I used the term strength, what I meant is
support hand and hand
stand by that man
share in mutual decisions..etc.

The definition of strength is:

1.the state and QUALITY of being STRONG(I believe these were your words "Strong Black Woman").
2.The power to resist STRAIN or STRESS, durability.
3.The ability to MAINTAIN a moral or INTELLECTUAL position firmly.
4. One that is regarded as the embodiment of protective or SUPPORTIVE power.

So I am quite aware of what I meant. God is the begining ,the middle and the end of who we are.....

Epiphany :heart:

Forgive me but this has occurred many times on this board before you have entered so if my words seemd harsh well, so be it. I am quite like many others who post. I strongly beleive in writing what you mean. Now i too am a culprit of confusion myslef which is why i can note these things but the words are clear. Your words were:

"Woman: we can let the man be the head of the household as he should, supporting him...because we are their strength"

As for me taking it our of context? Not so for my response was a general statement that has been spoken in such so many ways before. While i believe that wehat we say is what we mean there is really no other way one could take such a statement. While i agree that woman who feel they can do it better than men should allow the man to thier rightful posistion i also feel that one gender is not stronger than the other. I was also speaking of a Godly relationship as it pertains to submission which is one of the key factors to the downfall of the family structure. The whole concept has becaome a dilusional practice of "i the better species or i'm the stronger type" when in reality strength comes from submitting to the will of God.

Now my main problem with that statement was the placement of one's strength. As many woman have spoken in life, "They don't need no man to define who they are." the same goes for men. What my reaction was that a person's strength lies in their faith, discipline and obedience to GOD for when that occurs it doesn't matter who is the strongest. When we place qualities as such in a person and not GOD then we are deifying that person. Moreso we must be carferul how we word our statements. Black man already deal with the stigma of being weak in the eyes of Black woman so when your statement was put out there, it is very easy to see it in the same manner. Forgive me if my response was harsh but i wanted to express clarity on where a PERSON's strengths lies first.

In other words, black men do not regard their women as their strength but their gift and a reason to reach a goal. They are an inspiration, nothing more. BLack love comes from understanding who you are first and not how better you are than your mate. Yes i do have a problem with putting strength in one over the other because if we took your comment literally then how would you interpret a relationship where the woman is weak-minded and confused. Where is the man's strength then...

While i understand you knew what you meant that doesn't always come across to the one who reads it. As you can see what you meant was not what was read nor written. In basic terms, never took it out of context, just took it as it was stated.

now now!!

as man be of head surely woman be da back bone
yet GOD is the power which both endure in life
forth he is the one.....and true black love can be
defined in wayz from others point of view
truely i'm reading up on this thing the word call LOVE.:heart:

CINDY BLACK LOVE IS ONLY A SPEACH

my thing is definding the word call L~O~V~E
love as i can see is of many kinds but if it's all
about love why do we hurt each other
love can be blind
love can come from da heart
surely GOD gave love to his begotten son to love
and love also will hurt ya emotional state of mind
yet love makes u happy so some say love is defind
like this >>> love is two people in heart as one whom
care in a devoted way ......... and the other one say
Love is a myth of self emotions
but i do agree wit ya that love can be beautiful if u
choose the right mate at share it with so see it's not
about black but love itself.......thank u for yo imput !:heart:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back