Black People : Can the world wide web be controlled by one country?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by panafrica, Oct 13, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4327928.stm

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Pan ... thank you for sharing this!

It would not surprise me one little bit, if the US holds out and forms their own separate Internet, from the rest of the world.

It would work in perfect harmony with their control of media to their citizens.

It would squash this international communication we have benefit of.

It would give them more control over what Americans do as well.

With homeland security being what it is, communities like this and others would probably be more aggressively monitored, and in danger of being shut down.

I've always said that the gathering of ourselves together frightens them, as it should.

World Summit on the Information Society - November 16-18, 2005 ... we should all be watching closely.

:heart:

Destee

3. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Well said Destee...you echo all of my concerns!

4. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Don't be supried if in the future the U.S. would require a license for operation, and web hosting a long with stricter censorship. That would get rid of all of these independent press sites, many which could be purchased and run by media giants .

5. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Great Post

Great insight Therious

There are taxes and revenue to be made in controlling the net. So the fight is on. The United States would like to control the independant bloggers too. Along with regulating what they saw happen a bulk of Howard Dean's money came to him thru this medium.

My personal insight. The Internet has a base in what Dr. Martin Luther King saw in his ( dream ) vision. It is critical to black americans. For achieving independence from absolute govern. It allows us to operate with open communication, free judgment and will. It allows us to sahre truth and history of our culture which is critical in breaking :driveby: shackles that are still in the minds of many. Deeply rooted in feelings of inferiority and the need for dependance. Practices long established and Imbedded deep in black culture by the slaves holders. We shall over come! We have overcame.

There can be no resting. The climb is steep. No stopping. There are no stairs. Pulling up, reaching back. All without stepping on.

This is Achievable and at hand. The various country governments want the control so they can silence the people from communicating. If we sleep and wait to long. They will get control of the internet. Those beliefs of control are real, maybe they see this as I do. Blacks will use this and gain the indepencdence needed so we all have stay vigilant.

Once black america is all on the web and we aren't. Things will change in leaps and bounds. What has to happen is some personal funds have to be redirected to education and a $299.00 Dell and some $9.99 Netzero service.
    Communication unseen in the anils of the world wil take place and a solidarity will happen. There will be a collection of funds, resourses and information that will put us in that promise land. Then we :dance3:

6. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    The internet is critical. It is the only media that allows black people to openly express their frustrations. This will come to a quick end if America controls it. They (white people) would love nothing more than to control their own internet and be able to monitor it the same way they do the television, radio and cable media. There would be so many quidelines it would be rediculous and impossible for real black media to exist. Also, there are black internet radio stations that are planning to lauch internet television soon, so that would stamp that out as well, and that's something we drastically need to combat the ignorance of BET and MTV. The brainwashing would be at an all-time high because we'd have less access to international media, which tells a completely different view than the white washed American media. If America took control over the internet, I'd definately move out of this country shortly after.

I've already heard that there is a second interenet being launched and I've also heard that China is planning to launch it's own internet. I believe that sooner or later there will be seperate internets because white people have never known how to share anything equally. Especially something that generates a lot of money and has the propoganda power that the interent has.

7. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    :great: Kente417mojo you pegged it. Its all about propoganda power. With the media and the internet. All we see hear and read.

8. Jflex!

Jflex! Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5

Right-On! I'm not surprised either, I can picture G-Dubyaw lick'n his lips in anticipation of the control & additional tax revenues...the Devil sho' don't need much sleep!

9. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Europeans certainly think so.

CD

10. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    So I guess it is only a matter of time before Destee.com becomes a renegade site? I think the family and those lurkers we know are out there should appreciate what we have while we have it! Premium Membership! Premium Membership!