Black Women : Can the world accept plus size women?

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by nevar, Jan 3, 2010.

1. nevar

nevar Well-Known Member MEMBER

working to own my plus size empire.....
    Ratings:
    +135
    Well given some recent topics and all about being fat. I am a fattie myself and I happen to be confident in myself. I see over the years that the market of plus size women is slept on. The world view big women as unhealthy and a eyesore. I appreciated the fact that Monique was showing big women that they are just as beautiful as the skinny ladies. But as we see that Monique has lost some weight. She said she did for health reasons as well as it should be for all who is trying to lose weight.

As you can see I have been trying to start my accessory business catering to the plus size Diva's. I have posted in the Album sections my pictures letting women of color especially the darker women you can wear shades that lighter skin women usually wear. I find it hard in the past to find clothes that fit me because I have this and that going on. If you go in Walmart they have a section as I call the fat section in a tiny area just like African american cosmetics products are one section. Maybelline, covergirl, and Revlon have more than one aisles. I come to the conclusion that as a black plus size female my story fits inside of a box. Well I say the hell with all that I am coming out. I want other plus size women who struggle trying to find affordable clothes, makeup, and hair to come to me.

I want them to be able to walk away from the experience knowing that I am a Diva know matter what. Have business wear, casual wear, evening wear, getting your grove on wear. Have it all because some of us got the kind of Genes that makes it hard if both sides of your parents are on the heavy side. I have made some changes in my life and no longer wear the sweatpants, and the big man shirts. I shed that crap and now I look like I am dress to impress right along with the makeup. Family, I pray that in a month from this post I will have that store up and running for all the plus size ladies who can't afford to pay for the name. With me you will be able to pay for the quality, and yet being fashionable, and affordable. I have stop trying to please the world, and for once letting myself be pleased. I have gotten alot of comments as the skinny ladies. My Father is constantly on me about my weight and I have done something about it. I am working out, cutting my calories, and trying to stick it through. It isn't going to be easy but so far lost six pounds. Six pounds lighter than before. One day the world is going to embrace plus size Diva's and all we have to offer. Who knows there might be a America's Next Plus size Model? What is your views on this my sisters?

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,729
    many black men nowadays like fat women.

myself, i never have and never will. so, you make your choice.
    a man like myself will never touch a fat women.
    there are plenty of others around who will.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    I have never judge a woman by her size but by her character
    bigger women are beautiful no mater shade of skin , but there are some big women
    who is over weighted .

4. nevar

nevar Well-Known Member MEMBER

working to own my plus size empire.....
    Ratings:
    +135
    james i respect your opinion but you speak of big women as having a disease. what is a woman being fat have to do what touching. it is just more to love you seem to be very fixed on that song DONT BUMP NO MORE WITH NO BIG FAT WOMAN!. I say you don't know what your missing. a woman outer appearance shouldn't be your main objective. one thing about it i will tell you like i told my father. i maybe fat but i show ain't ugly, and another thing i may lose this fat, but you will always remain ugly. and that is my comeback to all who look down on plus size women. i am so glad that i have a man in my life that loves me for me and not my outer. cause baby when i do get down i will be giving this man something he will feel and enjoy just a little better. thanks for you opinion......

rich i appreciate the positive feedback that you given to this topic. it seems that we hate on our own kind because we all can't be tyra banks or halle berry. there are plenty of plus size women that are beautiful, and go on to lose the weight. Kelly Price is one lady that comes to mind i bet all the men who didn't give her a chance now at her door. she lost the fat, gain happiness, and not to mention a good clean of health. but she left the men wishing they could have another chance....

5. rasembi aunk

rasembi aunk Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    I really don't like that word "plus size"; as if every woman suppose to have the same body type. For me, it's all about the waist/hip ratio and how the "fat" is distributed. For instance, I once dated a woman who was 250Ilbs!! But you know what? She was 5'11" with a coke-bottle shape and big breast(not saggy) and no gut. Trust me, she was a head turner!! If she is considered plus size and the other brothers don't want them, send them to me.

It's about about curves and weight distribution.

6. 360

360 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +148
    What is a plus size woman?

I mean take Pam Grier for example. Some might call her a cow and others might say she "can't get no righter."

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,729
    i'm just sayin....

i gave an honest answer. i never said i looked down on anyone.
    would you prefer that i lie to you? why start the thread if you do not want to hear the answer?

a fat women is a turn off to me. there are many other cats that will go for that.
    so, the fat women makes her choice.

8. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    IF THEY PLUS SIZE LIKE TOCCARA , THEN COME AND SEE THE GOD!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    Funny When I hear ''plus size'' I think of Toccara, So as I'm scrolling down the replies with pictures of Toccara in my head BAM!!! her pics were in the next reply.

I'm luv'n Life right now.

10. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    many think plus size is a range of 14W to 34W