Science and Technology : Can someone explain Godel's Incompleteness Theorems

everything in this universe can be explained by mathematics....
we are no where near discovering the master equations....
the math behind the pyramids are still a mystery to us...
which leads me to my point...most of modern day mathematicians
and scientist are more concerned with equations of power and destruction
than explaining the universe on a base level...this has been proven time and time again...
4000 years ago the inverse was true...

one love
khasm

No doubt, out of all Desteeonians, your keen interest in math was best suited to address the issues of this Thread; and it played out exactly that way.

Peace In ...

in response to Clyde

that's more of a public reception/opinion to Godel then a scholarly view

i assume most mathematicians see the limitations to the theorems, and totally disregard any notion of proving or disproving "God"

its just how the media presents an idea to the public

it's like the HIggs Bison was called the "God Particle" to the public, but most physicists would disagree with such terminology

in response to Clyde

that's more of a public reception/opinion to Godel then a scholarly view

Let's be clear S3DetailedTruth, nowhere in your title nor posts do you seek a scholarly view. You only asked for help to understand and explanation of the theorem.

But nevertheless, again, there are tons of references on the Internet:

Melvin Henriksen--Professor of Mathematics Emeritus at Harvey Mudd College--offers this explanation:

Research on the consequences of this great theorem continues to this day. Anyone with Internet access using a search engine like Alta Vista can find several hundred articles of highly varying quality on Godel's Theorem. Among the best things to read, though, is Godel's Proof by Ernest Nagel and James R. Newman, published in 1958 and released in paperback by New York University Press in 1983.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-is-godels-theorem/

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back