Black People : Can Somebody tell me what's happening .....

SoulChild

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 4, 2006
Hello everyone I'm new to the board but I have a very serious question and I would just like to know your answers, opinions or suggestions. I'm from chicago and everytime I look at the news it seems that a child is being shot, killed or murdered why are our babies being taken away and what can we do to put a stop to it. I understand that there's crime everywhere but within a week two little girls have had there futures taken away from them and it really breaks my heart. I can't began to understand the feelings of a mother that has lost a child but the number is steady increasing.

SoulChild said:
Hello everyone I'm new to the board but I have a very serious question and I would just like to know your answers, opinions or suggestions. I'm from chicago and everytime I look at the news it seems that a child is being shot, killed or murdered why are our babies being taken away and what can we do to put a stop to it. I understand that there's crime everywhere but within a week two little girls have had there futures taken away from them and it really breaks my heart. I can't began to understand the feelings of a mother that has lost a child but the number is steady increasing.

Im in the chi
Its just beef out here
People want more power
No to justify a death
I know that it wasnt meant for her to be shot
Yet maybe it was cause if it wasnt her time she would be alive
Too be honest they pin everything on gang violence
So thats how society labels us all
Yet it something that I dont hink can be controlled
I felt for the families yet the police not doing anything
To really stop this from happening that want us to kill each other
Were doing there job for them

Food for thought...

SoulChild, your plea for understanding is heartfelt. I don't think there is a simple answer though, to your question. Indiscriminate acts of violence is abhorred by me no matter where it occurs, nor by whom. A dead child is a dead child and when our children die, so will the future of the world.

You ask what can we do to stop the killing of innocent children? Self-monitor our own behavior is a start. Try to be kinder to and more respectful of each other as Black people. Try to remove any hatred we might feel toward anyone, but particularly ourselves. Raise our children the best we know how to and try hard to be good examples for them to follow.

Make sure no weeds are growing and being nurtured in our gardens and maybe then we can see a brighter future.

MHO,
Queenie :heart:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back