Black Relationships : Can some ladies answer this for me?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Qatavia, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Qatavia

Qatavia Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Y is it that we always run away from the guy who makes us happy, and fight for the ones who make us cry?

2. monet1027

monet1027 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0

Sis, I'd like to say it's immaturity that makes us crave the drama but some Sistas never outgrow it.
    So I'll say we don't value ouselves enough to know we deserve someone who calls when he says he's going to, someone who doesn't have the next chick calling your phone, someone who is where he says he is, someone who wants to share his life and not just spend the night, etc.
    But safe and peaceful is boring--it becomes monotonous after awhile-if he comes straight home from work and sleeps next to you every night-you know where he is so where's the mystery? Where's the arguing and accusations and make-up sex?
    I'll also say that being loved by the good guy is hard work-a heavy load to bear. When someone hands you their heart-holding it is hard. But we need to learn to appreciate that weight and realize it's a load worth bearing. It's not stability that's stale. Fruitless, heart-breaking pursuits become stale and soul-stealing.
    Sis, we all let one get away--don't beat yourself up about that-consider it a lesson learned. Take this knowledge and apply to your next encounter with a guy who makes you happy to make him happy.

3. robboy2003

robboy2003 Well-Known Member MEMBER

To bring strength and a calming influence,and to s
    Ratings:
    +5
    I love that last sentence Quote " A guy who makes you happy to make him happy." That is so true,but it takes all of us men and women to give up control to get to the that level of love and trust. I am encouraged alot of us are sick of the drama,and are connecting on a much higher and deeper level.

Respectfully,sorry to but in to ya'll's thought provoking conversation.

Peace! PS! I'll show myself out.

4. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Hmmmmmm I've never had that problem after 18yrs old.