Black People : Can One Hate the Poor and Still Claim Religious Piety?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Kemetstry, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    As I have watched the publican debates, I have been shocked at how they are all screaming, "Let them eat cake!" to the cheering audience. Is this what the right wing has come to? Can many elephant people hold their noses and actually vote for them in good conscience and still call themselves a Jew, Christian ot Muslem?

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    One can do what ever they want ... especially if they are actually already doing it ... lol

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Yep, the old Republican Party has disappeared and morphed into something unrecognizable, saying the least. The Democrats are now known as the party of Defense, while the Republicans remain clueless and quite racist towards Mr. Obama's administration.....I never will forget the shout of "You Lie" at the President's address to the Nation:

In September 2009, Wilson received international attention when he interrupted a speech by U.S. President Barack Obama to a joint session of Congress by shouting "You lie!"[2][3]Wilson apologized to Obama, who accepted the apology, and the incident resulted in a formal rebuke by the House of Representatives.[4]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Wilson_(U.S._politician)

[​IMG]

Joe Wilson
    Peace In,

4. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    The poor do as much as anyone to keep themselves poor as anyone and in many cases, more so.
    On the other hand, there are forces that work to maintain a sizable pool of poor people within this society.
    Most programs for the poor seem more about giving fishes rather than instruction on how to fish.

If someone will take offense, I've been poor particularly as a child.
    The statement is made above in judgement of my own behavior when I was poor as well as the observation of others close to me.

Such circumstances can be remedied with changes in behavior, values, and most of all knowledge, both theoria and praxis.

The above is merely my opinion.

5. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    You have a right to your opinion however, millions have fallen into poverty from no fault of thier own due to outsourcing, and wall street manipulations,
    and let's really look at the lack of culture among the poor, !!!

Look at Charles Dickens and the poor of England at that time!
    The clergy looked down on the poor, in Olver Twist and The Prince and the Pauper,
    and both groups in abject poverty lived devoid of their traditional indegenous Anglo Saxon culture or Celtic culture in urban destitution.

Cops always say ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking it, but most folks with common sense could not fix their face to say something so Malthusian, or expressing Social Darwinism.

The things people do to exacerbate their own condition, by and large is due to lack of culture because in a tight nit culture, people rarely,
    go outside of the traditions they have been used to in childhood.

Now as far as looking down on the poor, many of our Churchianities; do that becuase they do not accept the Christian truth, instead they just accept the dogma and ritual

6. Shikamaru

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    This is true. I cannot deny this.
    If we step back, we see fundamental designs of the system that set people up for debt and poverty.

All true again.

We are discussing sociology, not law in my estimation of this dialogue.

This is most fair.

Seeking to bat 1.000 today.

I have witnessed a person who was poor who claimed they could not afford a $400 computer run out and purchase a $700 leather coat.
    Learning how to administrate that $400 computer can net that individual a computer job making anywhere between $12 - $20 an hour. That person could make even more learning how to program or running their own computer business.

This is not saying all poor people do this. Many would act to change their circumstances if they knew how or had the right knowledge and information to do so.

Behavior, values, knowledge.... these are the three elements needed to raise an individual out of poverty. Of course, solely my opinions.

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077

.......Pardon me, but this reminds me of Herman Cain, lol, no offense intended though...:cool:

Peace In,

8. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    Are you saying that the right wing used to do better than that? I think they are just expressing what they used to do behind the scenes.

9. Shikamaru

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    No problem. I don't like Herman Cain at all.
    The difference between he and I is that I would give out the knowledge of how to get and keep one's self out of poverty :).
    Show you where all the constraints (traps) are.

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077

.......Yes sir you would, you do all the time. Whew....glad you didn't charge an offense to my credit...See you later Shikamaru in chat...:toast:

Peace In,