Black People : Can Malcolm's Mission be Ressurected. Will we Resurrect it?

If it's BS, why participate in the discussion?

Because at Destee.com, folk have that right, as well as those who wish to participate in the "peanut gallery" without entering the conversation.

Where does it say that Malcolm X called himself a civil rights leader?

It says it here:

"... Despite his caustic criticisms of King, however, Malcolm nevertheless identified himself with the grass-roots leaders of the southern civil rights protest movement."

Besides your reading woes, civil rights are not mutually exclusive from human rights, at least Malcolm X understood this; in other words; you cannot fight for human rights without simultaneously fighting for civil rights :facepalm:

"We must continue to internationalize our philosophies and contacts toward assuming full human rights which include all the civil rights appertaining thereto. With complete understanding of our heritage as Afro-Americans, we must not do less.

Committees of the Organization of Afro-American Unity:

The Cultural Committee

The Economic Committee

The Educational Committee

The Political Committee

The Publications Committee

The Social Committee

The Self-Defense Committee

The Youth Committee

Staff committees: Finance, Fund-raising, Legal, Membership"

http://www.malcolm-x.org/docs/gen_oaau.htm

It does not SAY that Malcolm X considered himself a civil rights leader! Surll
Because at Destee.com, folk have that right, as well as those who wish to participate in the "peanut gallery" without entering the conversation.

That's your evidence?! Lol Don't quit your day job. You will never make it as a prosecutor!!! Talk about my reading skills?! Lmao. It said he identified with the leadership of the civil rights movement!!! Don't even try it.

Where does it say that Malcolm X called himself a civil rights leader?

It says it here:

"... Despite his caustic criticisms of King, however, Malcolm nevertheless identified himself with the grass-roots leaders of the southern civil rights protest movement."

Besides your reading woes, civil rights are not mutually exclusive from human rights, at least Malcolm X understood this; in other words; you cannot fight for human rights without simultaneously fighting for civil rights :facepalm:

"We must continue to internationalize our philosophies and contacts toward assuming full human rights which include all the civil rights appertaining thereto. With complete understanding of our heritage as Afro-Americans, we must not do less.

Committees of the Organization of Afro-American Unity:

The Cultural Committee

The Economic Committee

The Educational Committee

The Political Committee

The Publications Committee

The Social Committee

The Self-Defense Committee

The Youth Committee

Staff committees: Finance, Fund-raising, Legal, Membership"

http://www.malcolm-x.org/docs/gen_oaau.htm

Here is my evidence to the contrary, Program of the OAAU, General terminologies, first sentence, third paragraph, "The exclusive ethnic quality of our unity is necessary for self-,preservation." I see you convenient ly overlooked this part and don't forget Malcolm was murdered on the very day he was on stage to deliver the Program, February 21, 1965. Basically it would have been his last will and testament, politically speaking if you will.

What is the peanut gallery?
Where is it located?

I heard the term before but don't understand where to apply it.

Thanks
I'll let you handle this one! The older I get the less patience I have with opinionated know-it-alls!!! Lol

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back