Black People : Can Malcolm's Mission be Ressurected. Will we Resurrect it?

NNQueen

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Here's progressive thinking for you Chuck. I don't believe not being married when having children is the issue. For too long, American society has placed a stigma and scarlet letter on women--mostly Black women--who have children when they are single and this is due to religious dogma and capitalistic greed. Do Black men care about their children? Just as much as other men do and they show it. Shocking? It shouldn't be to us.

As the data I posted above shows, many Black fathers as single men take responsibility and spend quality time with their children. But America doesn't want that known and tries to blame all the "ills" in the Black community on unwed mothers and deadbeat dads. If you subscribe to Christianity, Judaism or Islam, I understand why you wouldn't agree with me. But still, we have to stop believing in systems that hold us hostage to the beliefs that we're not good people if we choose to think and behave differently. We are "slaves" because we believe in the white man's propaganda about us. If you get told something often enough, you're bound to eventually believe it.

We don't have to resurrect Malcolm, he's still in us. We just have to dust off our consciousness to free our minds and know our truth.

sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
Here's progressive thinking for you Chuck. I don't believe not being married when having children is the issue. For too long, American society has placed a stigma and scarlet letter on women--mostly Black women--who have children when they are single and this is due to religious dogma and capitalistic greed. Do Black men care about their children? Just as much as other men do and they show it. Shocking? It shouldn't be to us.

As the data I posted above shows, many Black fathers as single men take responsibility and spend quality time with their children. But America doesn't want that known and tries to blame all the "ills" in the Black community on unwed mothers and deadbeat dads. If you subscribe to Christianity, Judaism or Islam, I understand why you wouldn't agree with me. But still, we have to stop believing in systems that hold us hostage to the beliefs that we're not good people if we choose to think and behave differently. We are "slaves" because we believe in the white man's propaganda about us. If you get told something often enough, you're bound to eventually believe it.

We don't have to resurrect Malcolm, he's still in us. We just have to dust off our consciousness to free our minds and know our truth.
When black women had children without benefit of marriage they were called irresponsible unwed mothers! When white women engaged in the same behavior it was labeled single parenting!

Senegal

Jun 7, 2016

Its amazing how many of our people fall for this despite the evidence they see. One of my pet peeves is other Black people congratulating me for taking care of my daughters. I always ask them "Isnt that what i am supposed to do?". Now I know there was a time when my fathers generation would skip out on being fathers but that wasnt the case with my generation. I also know why that came about. Welfare punished the Black family for having a Black father in the home.

sekou kasimu

PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
Its amazing how many of our people fall for this despite the evidence they see. One of my pet peeves is other Black people congratulating me for taking care of my daughters. I always ask them "Isnt that what i am supposed to do?". Now I know there was a time when my fathers generation would skip out on being fathers but that wasnt the case with my generation. I also know why that came about. Welfare punished the Black family for having a Black father in the home.
Take it from a 67 year old elder, there were fathers who failed and succeeded in every generation. Don't believe the stereotype!

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
Honestly I don't feel what's being posted is directly related to the question we've been attempting to answer at all!

sekou kasimu

PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
How share we resurrectt Malcolm X's legecy in 2017?
I think you are right! Who changed the topic? Be that as it may...., I met for the first time last week with a group of about 10-12 Afrikans who have committed to reading the Program of the OAAU, and "The Destruction of Black Civilization" for purposes of upgrading the Program and implementing same. Am I back on topic?

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: