Black People : Can Malcolm's Mission be Ressurected. Will we Resurrect it?

freddie419

Banned
Jan 22, 2017
Manchester, UK
LMAO, shoot, am I missing something here?. I'm sorry but all I see is this constant harking back to days gone by. Its known that MX CHANGED HIS POINT OF VIEW so who's to say if he was living to-day his views would be the same. What would MX have to say about Black Flight from our inner cities, single Mothers bringing up our sons?. Ponder those questions before you reach your amicable disagreement, this is pure BS.

sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
I know about my history but I won't bore you all with it.

Let's talk about the Nazis and the connections to the US first family.

Hitler ex chancellor of Germany - his mission IMHO was to control europe.

Angela Merkel - current chancellor of Germany - her mission IMHO is to control the eu.

Melania Trump (your first lady) is Slovenian?. I'm sorry but maybe you need to educate yourself on the Atrocities inflicted upon Slovenians at the hands of the Nazis and, why President Trump gives Merkel the cold shoulder.

Let's face it Trump is an emotional wreak, it's not that hard to figure him out.

Since you have it all figured out, I won't waste anymore of your time!

sekou kasimu

PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
LMAO, shoot, am I missing something here?. I'm sorry but all I see is this constant harking back to days gone by. Its known that MX CHANGED HIS POINT OF VIEW so who's to say if he was living to-day his views would be the same. What would MX have to say about Black Flight from our inner cities, single Mothers bringing up our sons?. Ponder those questions before you reach your amicable disagreement, this is pure BS.
If it's BS, why participate in the discussion?

sekou kasimu

PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
:facepalm:

Here's another history lesson for you on Civil Rights and Malcolm X:

Malcolm X, 1964.
Courtesy of the Library of Congress (LC-USZ62-115058).

Despite his caustic criticisms of King, however, Malcolm nevertheless identified himself with the grass-roots leaders of the southern civil rights protest movement. His desire to move from rhetorical to political militancy led him to become increasingly dissatisfied with Elijah Muhammad's apolitical stance. As he later explained in his autobiography, "It could be heard increasingly in the Negro communities: 'Those Muslims talk tough, but they never do anything, unless somebody bothers Muslims.' "

... Determined to unify African Americans, Malcolm sought to strengthen his ties with the more militant factions of the civil rights movement. Although he continued to reject King's nonviolent, integrationist approach, he had a brief, cordial encounter with King on 26 March 1964 as the latter left a press conference at the U.S. Capitol. The following month, at a Cleveland symposium sponsored by the Congress of Racial Equality, Malcolm X delivered one of his most notable speeches, "The Ballot or the Bullet," in which he urged black people to submerge their differences "and realize that it is best for us to first see that we have the same problem, a common problem--a problem that will make you catch hell whether you're a Baptist, or a Methodist, or a Muslim, or a nationalist."

... When he traveled again to Africa during the summer of 1964 to attend the Organization of African Unity Summit Conference, he was able to discuss his unity plans at an impromptu meeting in Nairobi with leaders of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee. After returning to the United States in November, he invited Fannie Lou Hamer and other members of the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party to be guests of honor at an OAAU meeting held the following month in Harlem. Early in February 1965 he traveled to Alabama to address gatherings of young activists involved in a voting rights campaign. He tried to meet with King during this trip, but the civil rights leader was in jail; instead Malcolm met with Coretta Scott King, telling her that he did not intend to make life more difficult for her husband. "If white people realize what the alternative is, perhaps they will be more willing to hear Dr. King," he explained.

Even as he strengthened his ties with civil rights activists, however, Malcolm acquired many new enemies. The U.S. government saw him as a subversive, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation initiated efforts to undermine his influence. In addition, some of his former Nation of Islam colleagues, including Louis X (later Louis Farrakhan), condemned him as a traitor for publicly criticizing Elijah Muhammad. The Nation of Islam attempted to evict him from the home he occupied in Queens, New York. On 14 February 1965 Malcolm's home was firebombed; although he and his family escaped unharmed, the perpetrators were never apprehended ...

http://www.anb.org/articles/08/08-01846.html

Where does it say that Malcolm X called himself a civil rights leader? Fyi he didn't consider himself an American either! You don't have to try to teach me anything about Malcolm X! I discovered him when I was 15, I am 67 1/2 now. I have read most if not all of the forty books written about him!!! Fyi his autobiography that he dictated to Alex Haley is the only book he actually wrote.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Where does it say that Malcolm X called himself a civil rights leader? Fyi he didn't consider himself an American either! You don't have to try to teach me anything about Malcolm X! I discovered him when I was 15, I am 67 1/2 now. I have read most if not all of the forty books written about him!!! Fyi his autobiography that he dictated to Alex Haley is the only book he actually wrote.
Where does it say that Malcolm X called himself a civil rights leader?

It says it here:

"... Despite his caustic criticisms of King, however, Malcolm nevertheless identified himself with the grass-roots leaders of the southern civil rights protest movement."

Besides your reading woes, civil rights are not mutually exclusive from human rights, at least Malcolm X understood this; in other words, you cannot fight for human rights without simultaneously fighting for civil rights :facepalm:

"We must continue to internationalize our philosophies and contacts toward assuming full human rights which include all the civil rights appertaining thereto. With complete understanding of our heritage as Afro-Americans, we must not do less.

Committees of the Organization of Afro-American Unity:

The Cultural Committee

The Economic Committee

The Educational Committee

The Political Committee

The Publications Committee

The Social Committee

The Self-Defense Committee

The Youth Committee

Staff committees: Finance, Fund-raising, Legal, Membership"

http://www.malcolm-x.org/docs/gen_oaau.htm

Last edited:

sekou kasimu

PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
Occupation
Retired Ironworker

It says it here:

"... Despite his caustic criticisms of King, however, Malcolm nevertheless identified himself with the grass-roots leaders of the southern civil rights protest movement."

Besides your reading woes, civil rights are not mutually exclusive from human rights, at least Malcolm X understood this; in other words; you cannot fight for human rights without simultaneously fighting for civil rights :facepalm:

"We must continue to internationalize our philosophies and contacts toward assuming full human rights which include all the civil rights appertaining thereto. With complete understanding of our heritage as Afro-Americans, we must not do less.

The Cultural Committee

The Economic Committee

The Political Committee

The Social Committee

The Youth Committee

It does not SAY that Malcolm X considered himself a civil rights leader! Surll
Because at Destee.com, folk have that right, as well as those who wish to participate in the "peanut gallery" without entering the conversation.

That's your evidence?! Lol Don't quit your day job. You will never make it as a prosecutor!!! Talk about my reading skills?! Lmao. It said he identified with the leadership of the civil rights movement!!! Don't even try it.

sekou kasimu

PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
Occupation
Retired Ironworker

It says it here:

Besides your reading woes, civil rights are not mutually exclusive from human rights, at least Malcolm X understood this; in other words; you cannot fight for human rights without simultaneously fighting for civil rights :facepalm:

The Cultural Committee

The Economic Committee

The Political Committee

The Social Committee

The Youth Committee

Here is my evidence to the contrary, Program of the OAAU, General terminologies, first sentence, third paragraph, "The exclusive ethnic quality of our unity is necessary for self-,preservation." I see you convenient ly overlooked this part and don't forget Malcolm was murdered on the very day he was on stage to deliver the Program, February 21, 1965. Basically it would have been his last will and testament, politically speaking if you will.

MS234

Mar 1, 2010
Because at Destee.com, folk have that right, as well as those who wish to participate in the "peanut gallery" without entering the conversation.

What is the peanut gallery?
Where is it located?

I heard the term before but don't understand where to apply it.

Thanks

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: