Black People : Can Hip-Hop influence Murder?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Jflex!, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Jflex!

Jflex! Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
  2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    The question should not be if it can; the question should be if it can not (can it not)!

CD

3. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Well, let's look at the track record. Hip Hop influences ignorance, over-sexuality, disrespect, drug use and alcohol use, self-hate and deviant behaviors of every kind. It's safe to say one can easily be influenced to murder, especially since most youths nowadays are seriously confused.

4. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    I detest the denigrating lyrics of some hip-hop songs, but I don't think it caused this individual to murder. Also, there are other forms of media that can serve as negative stimulus in this country... movies, television shows, etc. We're all exposed to it... just most of us won't follow through with an evil act because we know what is 'fantasy' and what is 'reality.'

5. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    If Musics Influences a Person, that person needs to see Dr. Naim Akbar for some professional help.

It takes a weak minded individual too let an artist have soverignty over their decisions.

6. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    God creates idiots like that as a way of population control.

That's my "BIG" opinion.

7. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I agree, and there are a lot of weak-minded individuals that are walking this Earth. A lot of them listen to those rap artists too. I don't think rap can make a person commit murder, I just think it makes the act of murder less scary and foreign to them. I agree that movies also do the same. If a child or adult sees people being kill time and time again, it's not going to be a shock anymore. I don't think one can place 100% of the blame on rap, but if a person is already disturbed and off in the brain, I believe it can influence them to take the next step.

8. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    yes movies, music, media, the evening news ect can numb an entire populatin to murder. i love hip hop but its only real that this culture of "murder music" which became popular in the early 90's is a direct link to the rise in gun crimes (as well as poverty, drug and gang wars).

If music can influence righteous power movement...such as james brown, marvin gaye, last poets, public enemey,Xclan, then the reverse Nwa the chronic, lil john,ect is more than possible possible.anything you see and hear will be picked up at least by the sub concscious mind.

9. AHMOSE

AHMOSE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Mechanical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hotep,

We as a people must come to the realization that what we allow into our minds via TV and radio affect our minds on a consciousness level. For example, you wouldn't hang around with crack heads if you didn't smoke or sell crack. On the other hand why would you let someone who doesn't know of you or anything about you guide your actions, thoughts or feels about something? This is a slave mentality that we must remove from our mindsets. You are the captin of your own ship and only you have the ability to positively or negatively affect your future. Take the chains from your brains!

Ase'

:spinstar:Soulja:spinstar:

10. Jflex!

Jflex! Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Right-On!

I don't know if today's crap music can make you kill tho, this brotha that was executed claimed that it did. Here's a thought; If you are what you eat (physically)...then, at the same time, you are what you read (mentally)...and if you don't read, but listen to gangsta crap music allllllllllllllllllllllllll day...guess what?