Black People : Can fighting in an unjust war drive one Insane?

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
There were many suicides amongst the Vietnam veterans, and after 9/11 the pattern has returned, in vets from Iraq and Afhanistan, as well as domestic violence, and the murdering of freinds and family.
Many of these soldiers fight with the full knowledge that the wars are not about national defense but about money, big money;
http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...=gs75Svn1Ap3KqQKSldGTCg&q=why+we+fight&hl=en#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cJlJudDtVE

As this nation seeks to create the ultimate soldier, that neither feels emotion, nor concience,
is the inner spirit of these men and women after being subdued for so long, transforming into something nihilistic?

Nasheed

Jan 15, 2008
The Ville in The Lou
Occupation
Otr Truck Driver
Ma'at Hetep

There were many suicides amongst the Vietnam veterans, and after 9/11 the pattern has returned, in vets from Iraq and Afhanistan, as well as domestic violence, and the murdering of freinds and family.
Many of these soldiers fight with the full knowledge that the wars are not about national defense but about money, big money;
http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...=gs75Svn1Ap3KqQKSldGTCg&q=why+we+fight&hl=en#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cJlJudDtVE

As this nation seeks to create the ultimate soldier, that neither feels emotion, nor concience,
is the inner spirit of these men and women after being subdued for so long, transforming into something nihilistic?

Once you get accustomed to killing there is no turning back. Most have a natural barrier to taking another life. Once you have been desensitized, it's easy. That makes a "Good Military Person". Kill at will/whom ever u view the enemy. From my experience in the military they don't have a "Real" programmed set up to help those re-adjust that have been trained to kill without feeling. So the answer to your question is "Yes", It can/does make your crazy.

Nasheed Hameen

Ishefa

Feb 13, 2008
I agree. I also am troubled by the fact that we do not see Nidal Hassan's action as an extension of the war in Iraq and Afaganistan. Why do we not morn the "collateral damage" consisting of the millions of innocent woman, children, elderly etc., that our soldiers have murdered in those countries? Is it when we do it, its "collateral damage" and when they do it-it's murder????

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
I agree. I also am troubled by the fact that we do not see Nidal Hassan's action as an extension of the war in Iraq and Afaganistan. Why do we not morn the "collateral damage" consisting of the millions of innocent woman, children, elderly etc., that our soldiers have murdered in those countries? Is it when we do it, its "collateral damage" and when they do it-it's murder????

great post.............

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Black People : There Are Sequences To Be Used When Fighting For Our Liberation Black People Open Forum 0
KRAZYK Black People Politics : Why are we still fighting the same fight of racism Black People Politics 22
OldSoul OldSoul : Black, Undocumented And Fighting To Survive OldSoul 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Mauritania : The abolitionist fighting to free Mauritania's slaves Mauritania 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Dems already fighting over Conyers' Judiciary post Black People Politics 1
Liberty Black People Politics : ‘Fighting Time’—Al Sharpton Rips Donald Trump’s Pick of Jeff Sessions for Attorney General Black People Politics 1
Kemetstry Law Forum : FIGHTING BACK!!! Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
crwn Black People : Why Are African People Such Cowards Always Taking Abuse And Not Fighting Back For Themselves Black People Open Forum 0
Boss_Lady Black Relationships : Am I fighting a losing battle? Black Relationships 10
Liberty Black People Politics : Is There Any Issue More Important Than Fighting Against Mass Incarceration? Black People Politics 97
Liberty Black People Politics : Google.org gives $2.35 million to groups fighting for racial justice Black People Politics 3
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Jeremy Scahill on Obama's Orwellian War in Iraq: We Created the Very Threat We Claim to be Fighting Black People Politics 6
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Obama Schemes to Attack Syria, Under the Guise of Fighting ISIS Black People Politics 1
jamesfrmphilly Mali : French foreign minister says fighting is escalating in CAR and Mali Mali 3
Gorilla Uganda : The Less Than 1%: How Uganda’s Atheists Are Fighting Back Uganda 1
E Black People Politics : Founding Fathers fighting Against Gun Control From The Grave! Black People Politics 12
cherryblossom Black People : Johnny Lee Savory: Still Fighting For Exoneration Black People Open Forum 2
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Crime Fighting Tintswalo Style Black People Open Forum 2
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Dennis Brown, Stop the Fussing and Fighting Borther Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Black People : Fighting Battles to Free People from Dictators? (Yeah Right!) Black People Open Forum 3
Destee Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Confession - I'm So Tired of Fighting with My Natural Hair! Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 66
MsInterpret Ghana : Fighting child slavery in Ghana Ghana 2
river Black People : Who Exactly Are We Fighting in Afganistan? Black People Open Forum 9
D Destee Network : Fighting Back Against Soaring Prices Destee Network : 1
Corvo Black Authors : Fighting for Honor Short Stories - Authors - Writing 4
Destee Black People : Teacher and Student Fighting Black People Open Forum 2
I Black People : I have enjoyed my stay here, keep fighting white supremecy! Black People Open Forum 2
howardtsu Black Poetry : Fighting to Win Her Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
G Black Spirituality Religion : Black Folks fighting outside the CHURCH!-VIDEO Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
G Black People : Boston Globe-THREE YEARS OF FIGHTING in the Darfur region Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Black Education / Schools : The Public Education Experiment in New Orleans - Fighting For The Right To Learn Black Education / Schools 1
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Fighting 4 Relief Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
T Black Poetry : I'm Fighting Demons Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
D African American History Culture : Vet: Fighting Abroad and at Home for US African American History Culture 0
howardtsu Black Poetry : You're Fighting Me Away Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
kemetkind Pan Africanism : Fighting for their own oil. African American History Culture 0
howardtsu Black Poetry : Stop Fighting It Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
river Black People : We're Not Fighting Under Unusual Odds Black People Open Forum 0
C fighting Black Children 45
R Black Poetry : Fighting Temptation! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
B Black Poetry : Fighting Fire with the Flames of my Fist Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
P Black Sports : Evander Holyfield is banned from fighting in NY! Black Sports 18
C Black People : Let's Give Our Babies A Fighting Chance! Black People Open Forum 2
C Black People : Racism And Unjust Prejudice A World Pandemic Black People Open Forum 1
C Black People : Unjust Ptejudice, Racism, Black Nationalism, Pan Afrikanism!!! Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Why Do Black Afrikans Allow That White Racist Unjust Prejudice Luciferian Human Being Set The Agenda For Black Commentary And Activism??? Black People Open Forum 0
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Warren Ballentine on his indictment: Unjust Price Paid For Doing Work For The People Black People Politics 2
Ankhur Libya : Atlanta residents Confront Re John Lewis over Unjust war in Libya Libya 15
G Black People : Disobeying Bush's Unjust Laws: Color of Law Black People Open Forum 0
W Black People : Unjust Enrichment Black People Open Forum 0