Black People : can brainwashing be reversed?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by jamesfrmphilly, Jul 3, 2004.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,743
    I define brainwashing as mental control that will make a person act against their own self interest.
    when this control has been applied to a group can anyone reverse it by their self?

i would compare it to a drug addiction
    can people really be freed from an addiction, permanently? :sand:

2. DreamFunk

DreamFunk Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    ....whether it's material or mental, they must have something else to live for (other than what they are a slave to).

3. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Hello Brother James

I think people can reverse a brainwashed mental. First, one most realize that they have an issue. Second, they most want to correct that issue. Third, They most be willing to sacrifice their wants for what they need.

I'm not sure if one can do it by themselves. I think we all need asisstance at some point. We can read up on ways to better ourselves but having someone who has been through it offers more than what you may read.

Someone more knowledgible will have more information to walk you through the steps for cleansing.

Having said that, I don't think one can do it alone. I'm sure their are some exceptional people out here but most will need to be educated and shown how to elevate their minds.

4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Call me crazy people, but what I define as brainwashed is not being against your won self-interest, but your entire character. For example, if an African-American knows everything about the Middle another part of the planet, and nothing about this planet, then he/she/or they are brainwashed. Or if they know where Americans come from and Indians, but not Africans, they are brainwashed.

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Good question!

My first reaction to your question Brother James was, yes, brainwashing can be reversed and I still lean more heavily toward that opinion because I believe mind control is a powerful tool and it can work in anyone's favor even your own. However, after thinking more on the question, I recalled that in the medical profession, it's often said that addictions are never overcome but controlled. Once addicted, always addicted except that if a person has the self-discipline, they can control their behavior and not succumb to the attraction to that which they are addicted. For that reason I don't adopt the point of view that brainwashing is equated to or the same as an addiction.

Addictive behavior is to have a strong desire or urge for something that brought you immense pleasure at one time but use of the substance or exposure to the situation has gotten out of control to the point of causing harm.

Brainwashing is mind control to do someone else's bidding. I believe you can be deprogrammed to regain control of your own mental faculties.

The differences I point out may be subtle but I still believe they are distinctive enough to separate them to show major contrasts and not similarities.

Queenie :spinstar:

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,743
    yes, that is the problem that many of us are having.
    we definitely need some mass deprogramming.