Black People : Can Blacks handle it?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Duchesse, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Duchesse

Duchesse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    I have been to many open black forums that contained countless complaints and observations about the evils of white America and what needs to be done to correct the many wrongs done to the black race.

Now please don't get me wrong, I am by no means excusing white america for the devastation that they have caused but there are many things that the black race has done to help cause and maintain their own condition.

I have found that the mere mention of this issue is bombarded with anger you would not believe. :madd: No dialogue can ever go on as long as we are ashamed to admit our part in our devastation.

The white man has been labled as :grin: "the devil " along with all other types of derogatory names but when the black man is invited to discuss his wrongs,it's :hammer: , "I got a semi-automatic that spits next time if you talk"! or If a n***** got an attitude, "Pop it like it's hot". Is this indicative of the black mans' rule? Will we still have freedom of speech under his rule?

There may be many sisters who might agree with it, but as for the black man :hammer:

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Let me refer you to our "letterhead" above:

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Welcome to the site Duchesse! And I am a brotha here in the Destee Family. Do you know what that means? That means that here in this forum, WE ARE FAMILY! No matter gow many disagreements we could have, we are, and still will remain a Family. Speak to the older brothas and sistahs on here, and they will fill you in more, but I am speaking out of my charactet.

I am someone who like to address an issue, then find a solution. In reference to your thread, Can you tell me and the rest of the family what your solution is to this thread? Are you starting this thread to address an issue that you would like resolved? Be more clear to me when you say, "Can blacks handle it?"

CD

4. Duchesse

Ratings:
    +2
    Sorry I didn't know that you consider discussing what we can do to improve our condition hate. If we can't talk intelligently about everyones' views providing there are no profanities or threats what can we do? :hearts2:

:welldone:

5. Duchesse

Ratings:
    +2
    Thank you Cedric,

You saw more than hate. I'm not about hating. Yes I can and will elaborate. :hearthis:

I love myself and my race. I am well read and know the accomplishment of the black race from the beginning of time. We were and are a very proud people and rightfully so.

America was set up without the ascension of the black race in mind. Many of us have accomplished astronomical feats in the face of the unspeakable.

Having said that, again I address my many questions. :pc:

If the black race could accomplish what it has with all of the divisiveness among us, in the midst of total chaos, where would we be if we stuck together? Where would we be if we had and showed more respect for our women, where would we be if..............

6. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Automatically assuming that the black man doesn't want to improve his community, implying that black men are somehow "oppressing" black women, and using the "hammer" icon towards black men...is not the most objective way to present your message Duchesse. How can any effort to improve the black community be successful if it doesn't involve Black men & women? How do you expect the involvement of both, when you have already placed the blame on one? How can bias discussion be disguised as intelligient discussion?

7. Prizefighter16

Prizefighter16 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18

First and foremost
    Welcome to Destee. I'm glad that you felt comfortable bringin this topic up with us. Since you are a member of the family, it is not forbidden

Sistah, i get what you're sayin. We as an ethnicity have things we need to come to terms with. And yes some Black folks do tend to blame everything on the white man...i understand your point of view. But you also have to look at how you posed the question. The thread title was Can Blacks Handle It? Now assuming you are a black sistah, you have to admit, the question is somewhat offending. I mean, for myself, black people have gone through so much, that by you askin that, my first thought was, haven't we handled enough?. So you have to understand iff pple get offended.
    two, it seems as if you have separated yourself from the issue. it's almost like you are observing the problem. that could be true, but in this case, you should be including yourself. Can we handle it?, We as a community have issues moving as a whole from things we have done...
    comments like that will get more direct and less lethal responses, if you know what i mean.

one more thing. generalization. kind of thing that offends almost anyone from any race. In this case, the target was "black men" Im not a man, and i know you didn't mean all of them, but either way, saying something like black men do this and such, can cause problems. Although we are a community, we are also individuals, so sometimes it's not the best idea to characterize anyone as a group...

aside from that i can get what you're sayin, and once again thanks for sharing your thoughts.

8. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    The wise young sister, Prizefighter, never ceases to impress!

9. Duchesse

Ratings:
    +2
    Great! we're talking

I'd like to address everyone's reply as best I can remember them.

The hammer icon was misunderstood somewhat. I meant that when the issue becomes somewhat heated and certain things are said even when true many men become so angry as to be frightening. Many times he cannot face the issue. We all have our opinions albeit unpopular and sometimes painful to hear, some of them are legitimate and should be address if we are to ascend.

Looking at the hammer icons in the way you did I agree ,it is a generalization. But again not all untrue, violence is a huge problem in our communities.

As for distancing myself from the issue, I'm the one who brought it up.

Thanks for the support,

The icons were not to say that the black man would hit you in the head literally,

10. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    This is all well and good Duchesse; however, you still have not stated what exactly are you taking about. What issues do the black man need to address? What "truth" is Dana White bringing to light? What problems in our community are self-afflicted? Most importantly what can we do to solve them?