Black People : Can Black People Be Racist

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by define, Sep 6, 2004.

1. define

define Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    I've been arguing with other cats about this on other boards, mostly white peeps, that say Blacks can be racist. What do yall think?

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    you mean there are white Americans being oppressed by blacks?
    tell me where so i can go there! :tongue:

3. AfroBoricuaRoni

AfroBoricuaRoni Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    see

anybody could be racist. should they though? no.

4. define

define Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    h1phop.com in the serious debate forum. Its ridiculous. I think I may stop posting there for a while.

5. indya

indya Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    Of course we can be racist. anyone can be. and for the record "jamesfrmphilly" oppressed and racist are two entirely different things. No one should be judged only on their ethnic origin or race. I mean no one. However we live in a not so perfect world and it is full of people who are racist even blacks and other minorities. I dont think every white person is racist and I dont think every black person is racist but there is deffinitly some ( quit a few)out there. Just reading this board and looking at a lot of the post I would have to say that some of us are absolutely racist. Just my 2 cents worth.

6. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    are they really?

7. indya

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    yYES...YES... THEY REALLY ARE

8. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    well, unless you are in a position to do me harm, i don't give a hoot what you think.
    there is a school of thought that says black people in america can't be racists because they are not in a position to do whites any harm.
    in other words, it's the deed, not the thought.
    i may think that i want to kill you for years, as long as i don't pull that trigger.
    JMO(copyright Toylin)

9. indya

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    Every culture in the world has been oppressed, enslaved, and murdered at one time or another in history. blacks can oppress other blacks by intimidation does that mean we are being racist??? Not in the least. so to answer your question oppression and racism are two entirely different things. Does one go with the other, yes it usually does. Are you saying the only way you can be racist is to oppress someone???

If you dislike a ethnic group just because of who they are and where they come from that is being RACIST NOT OPPRESIVE. :argue:

10. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Okay people, lets be rational and objective about this. I say, based upon history that the answer is NO ! A black person can not be racist. However, before stating why this is so, let us turn to "The Oxford Companion To The English Language" for a better definition of this word so that we have some clarity. Mind you, this is not the definition of black people, but of the highest authority of White people. It is as follows:

1. The word Racism is of European origin. French.

2. Although often presented as scientific, especially in the wake of Darwinism, such a theory serves to buttress the assumption that one's own race is superior to all others. It may follow from this that one's own race therefore has, among other things, the
    right to control (and, when deemed necessary, enslave and even exterminate) people of races that are taken to be inferior or undesirable. It was used to justify European expansion and taken to extremes by the Nazis during world war two and continues to underpin the concept of white supremacy.

Okay, time for class to begin ! :) Based upon their own definition, no black person can be a racist. Based upon the definition,which is theirs, it is a system of control. Therefore racisim is a system of white people, by white people, that is used to control, enslave, and exterminate anyone not classified as white.

The key words to understand is that it's a system of control. What do black people control ? We don't control our education, they do. We don't control the economics of this country, they do. We don't control the health care, the entertainment industry, the produce, the laws, the religions, the banking system or anything else as it relates to anyone...including ourselves. We know who controls all of this, and based upon their own definition of their own word, the only racist in the world are white people !!!

The only thing that black people can be is prejudice, because we clearly do not have the system, the control or the power to be racist. How we may ask does this affect anyone on a personal level ? Well lets face it, if you don't like someone because they are white, it means absolutely nothing at all.

If on the other hand a white person don't like you...whether it be on the job, at the realestate office, the bank, the police, the judge, the hospital or anyplace at all...it carries a lot of weight and can affect your life on a personal level. THAT IS POWER, THAT IS CONTROL, THAT IS RACISM !! So would someone in their infinite wisdom please clarify to me how a black person can be racist ?