Black Education / Schools : Can black English help black children learn better? One educator believes so

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
**** shame she figured it out before some AAs did! I guess there will always be some among us trying to prove something to whites. In 2017 still trying to live up to white standards and expectations. I feel sorry for them!!!

Well said indeed ...

These words are priceless: "shame she figured it out before some AAs did! "

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
Apparently you don't really understand what culture is? Culture is the sustaining force of any people. The glue that bonds a people together. Every cultural group has it's own worldview and has the responsibility for socializing and educating it's young to be the type of people that they need them to be. In Afrikan culture it is a given that 'It takes a village to raise a child'!!!

Yeah, that's it. My definitions are different than yours due to some deficiency on my part.
That aside...

Please define what you mean when you say "Culture"... and also "Cultural Group".. and please speak to the relationship between "Culture", Ethnicity, Race & Nationality.

I really need to understand this broad brush you've swung in my direction.

..context is everything.

Peace.

sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
Yeah, that's it. My definitions are different than yours due to some deficiency on my part.
That aside...

Please define what you mean when you say "Culture"... and also "Cultural Group".. and please speak to the relationship between "Culture", Ethnicity, Race & Nationality.

I really need to understand this broad brush you've swung in my direction.

..context is everything.

Peace.

www.dictionary.com/browse/culture
culture definition. The sum of attitudes, customs, and beliefs that distinguish one group of people from another. Culture is transmitted, through language, material objects, ritual, institutions, and art, from one generation to the next.
Search Results

Ethnicity refers to shared cultural practices, perspectives, and distinctions that set apart one group of people from another. That is, ethnicity is a shared cultural heritage. The most common characteristics distinguishing various ethnic groups are ancestry, a sense of history, language, religion, and forms of dress.
Race and Ethnicity Defined - Cliffs Notes

The traditional definition of race and ethnicity is related to biological and sociological factors respectively. Race refers to a person's physical characteristics, such as bone structure and skin, hair, or eye color. Ethnicity, however, refers to cultural factors, including nationality, regional culture, ancestry, and language.

In the future I expect you to do your own research! Lol

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
How many see the ankh tattoo at the base of Indigo's neck?

Lawsuit: Mississippi fails to educate black children equally

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Mississippi is denying good schools to African American students in violation of the federal law that enabled the state to rejoin the union after the Civil War, a legal group alleged Tuesday ...

http://www.sfgate.com/news/educatio...over-unequal-education-for-black-11166929.php

920x920.jpg

Photo: Rogelio V. Solis, AP
Indigo Williams, one of the four African-American mothers who have children in public elementary schools, explains why she and others are plaintiffs of a lawsuit filed on their behalf by the Southern Poverty ... more

Jeff Amy, Associated Press

freddie419

BANNED
Jan 22, 2017
Manchester, UK
If you were race/culture conscious you would know why we replaced the C with the k! I.e. Europeans replaced the k sound with the C when they invaded and colonized Afrika. Because language is the transmitter and reflector of culture, we use the k to signal our coming back together again. Are we clear? I am an Afrika not because I was born in Afrika, but because Afrika was born in me! How about yourself? Who are you? BTW an Afrikan-centered education teaches Afrikan children to create their own jobs, control your own economy/community and EVERYTHING in it, especially the public schools!!! PS in the context of this discussion I meant search for your post when I said research.

Hmmm?

Is Trump Going to Prison?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Latest profile posts

cherryblossom wrote on watzinaname's profile.
Dropping by to say, "Hi!" ,sister Watz. Hope all is well.
cherryblossom wrote on WARRIOR's profile.
Hey, Warrior! Right On!