Black Education / Schools : Can black English help black children learn better? One educator believes so

Ebonics? Seriously???? If adult people from Mongolia can learn American English as a second language Black kids can learn it from birth. Nigerians, Chinese and others that are excelling academically are not getting linguistic concessions, why should we? This BS says that AAs are incapable of doing what others can.

No HR person will be speaking Ebonics during interviews...but more than likely they will know Spanish and possibly Mandarin.

Ebonics = would you like to supersize that?

We need to work on making sure that Black kids in lower socio economic school districts have accredited school programs which many in Ferguson do not.

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/hi...-for-racial-equality/55c4e354fe3444429b000278
Can you wrap your brain around the idea of one-day creating our own jobs, and not begging Europeans or any other ethnic group for them? I know it's difficult for you AAs but you should at least try. Lol How about overthrowing white domination and ruling and governing ourselves again? Can you imagine that? You do realize that we did at one time? Or do you think Afrikan people are destined to be the servants of Europeans and other races for eternity? Or until they figure out a way to erase us from the face of the earth?

This video shows how inflection of words are articulated and used in the Black community. Yes many speak in this manner.

It is from our Tragic History of American Slavery! Southern Ancestors, learning to Speak English and not being able to attend school. Did their best to articulate in the language of their Oppressor. This broken English is something we should be proud of and something we can work on.
Both EBONICS and ENGLISH poetry forms he wrote are respected and read all over the world.

Two of my favorites and that were read to me as a child.

The poem is about us and how despite all of slavery's sorry and pain. As African Americans we still found JOY in Living and in EACH Other.

The next poem in text and read by Gabrielle, just as I had it read to me. In proper form and all its EBONICS Splendor.

She won the Speech Category at a Fine Arts Festival!

1st Place - Speech Category - Fine Arts Festival - MACS 2013

This is the POEM Gabrielle is reading to the Audience. as it is written in BEAUTIFUL EBONICS.
http://etc.usf.edu/lit2go/192/lyrics-of-love-and-laughter/4044/in-the-morning/

POET Paul Lawrence Dunbar.. my HERO.
paul-laurence-dunbar.jpg

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/bio/paul-laurence-dunbar

His poetry was what I was read and grew up listening to as a child.
He Writes in Proper English and Ebonics.

I have one of his published works that he wrote over 100 years ago.

Changing how we speak will not STOP the Racist demeanor of Imbedded RACISM. One reason this idea SHOULD BE REJECTED.
To ACCEPT it then the DEMAND IS (EDUCATION ) REPARATIONS.

It was important to better negotiate and to be able to speak enough English to share thoughts. Of course Southerner, and the American Government Supported and Sanctioned Racist thought and still think the whole thing was funny.

To come along now and say there is a problem!
This would Mean by recognizing the issue these same American People ( American Descendants of our Ancestors Oppressors ) have justified One of my MAIN arguments and reasons for REPARATIONS.

I have always thought reparations should be for EDUCATION.
From Kindergarten thru College for any African American Born in the United States regardless of age.
So if someone Sixty wanted to attend College they too are accepted. These Reparations of FREE EDUCATION must last for a minimum of FORTY Years, giving TWO Generation's an opportunity to better themselves and their chances of obtaining decent employment is improved.
====================
Fox News and Black English - Ebonics

\

===========================
Ms. Morello

The natural genius of Afrikan children never ceases to amaze me! That little girl remember every word of that poem and never stumbled!

In the Spirit of Learning,

Can black English help black children learn better? One educator believes so

... Cassell, an award-winning researcher who is associate vice-provost for technology strategy and impact at Carnegie Mellon University, believes that educational technology can play a crucial role in helping black children learn academic content like science and math. In fact, Cassell’s research appears to show that black children can learn more math and science using technology if the computer instructs them while speaking in a black vernacular, also known as black English ...

... While many educators—black and white—still rebel against the idea of any semblance of black English being used in an educational setting, Cassell, who is white, thinks the issue of language and dialect is so important and so crucial to learning that she refuses to back down.

Justine-Cassell_cropped-681x0-c-default.jpg

Justine Cassell

http://hechingerreport.org/can-blac...ildren-learn-better-one-educator-believes-so/

**** shame she figured it out before some AAs did! I guess there will always be some among us trying to prove something to whites. In 2017 still trying to live up to white standards and expectations. I feel sorry for them!!!

This video shows how inflection of words are articulated and used in the Black community. Yes many speak in this manner.

It is from our Tragic History of American Slavery! Southern Ancestors, learning to Speak English and not being able to attend school. Did their best to articulate in the language of their Oppressor. This broken English is something we should be proud of and something we can work on.
Both EBONICS and ENGLISH poetry forms he wrote are respected and read all over the world.

Two of my favorites and that were read to me as a child.

The poem is about us and how despite all of slavery's sorry and pain. As African Americans we still found JOY in Living and in EACH Other.

The next poem in text and read by Gabrielle, just as I had it read to me. In proper form and all its EBONICS Splendor.

She won the Speech Category at a Fine Arts Festival!

1st Place - Speech Category - Fine Arts Festival - MACS 2013

This is the POEM Gabrielle is reading to the Audience. as it is written in BEAUTIFUL EBONICS.
http://etc.usf.edu/lit2go/192/lyrics-of-love-and-laughter/4044/in-the-morning/

POET Paul Lawrence Dunbar.. my HERO.
paul-laurence-dunbar.jpg

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/bio/paul-laurence-dunbar

His poetry was what I was read and grew up listening to as a child.
He Writes in Proper English and Ebonics.

I have one of his published works that he wrote over 100 years ago.

Changing how we speak will not STOP the Racist demeanor of Imbedded RACISM. One reason this idea SHOULD BE REJECTED.
To ACCEPT it then the DEMAND IS (EDUCATION ) REPARATIONS.

It was important to better negotiate and to be able to speak enough English to share thoughts. Of course Southerner, and the American Government Supported and Sanctioned Racist thought and still think the whole thing was funny.

To come along now and say there is a problem!
This would Mean by recognizing the issue these same American People ( American Descendants of our Ancestors Oppressors ) have justified One of my MAIN arguments and reasons for REPARATIONS.

I have always thought reparations should be for EDUCATION.
From Kindergarten thru College for any African American Born in the United States regardless of age.
So if someone Sixty wanted to attend College they too are accepted. These Reparations of FREE EDUCATION must last for a minimum of FORTY Years, giving TWO Generation's an opportunity to better themselves and their chances of obtaining decent employment is improved.
====================
Fox News and Black English - Ebonics

\

===========================
Ms. Morello

Hopefully the culturally uneducated will learn the right lessons from these videos. When I saw the Fox News logo I knew nothing good would be forthcoming. And sure enough a bourgie negro, cultural illiterate was promoting the King's English. They must mass produce these brainwashed fools!!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back