Black Atheists : Can an athiest be spiritual?

thePreacher

BANNED
Dec 2, 2007
Dogville, USA
Occupation
Agent Of Change
Clearly you seem to be getting it? What is it a guide to after or spiritual world to you? A guide to what color of light you must follow to gain a better rebirth? Better, if you are getting it, you must have some mystical power. In that case, I recommend you take the Randi challenge for $1 milllion dollar. So far many charlatans have tried none have succeeded.I know I'm not getting.

I know a crazy woman who sees all sort of things. according to her I'm not quite getting it as well. For your information I meditate in and out of trance easily to achieve a peaceful state. There's nothing mystical about it, just natural abilities. Meditation is about the only tool a religion has ever provided to me and proved useful.

Yes, meditation is a natural ability that anyone can master. But, as with yoga, it means different things to different people. If you approach it primarily as a Way to relax that is what you will get out of it. And there is much data proving its value as such, particularly for professional athletes.

Some people approach meditation as a Way to en-lighten consciousness from the dead weight of egoic materialism, and that is what they get out of it. Think if it as the distinction between focusing on upper body when you work out as opposed to focusing on core.

We live in an age which mistakes Ego for Self. This leads to various spiritual maladies intrinsic to misassociation of what is to what is not. These maladies restrict what would otherwise be the free Flow of energy up the Jacob's ladder of the Chakras which even mainstream science is grudgingly beginning to admit do, indeed, exist.

Enlightment, via meditation, is a Way to en-lighten Consciousness from the dead weight of those maladies by opening up those clog points which restrict the serpentine ascension of kundalini. But, perhaps that is detail best put off until another time.

Meditation, with the goal of spiritual enlightenment, deprograms mind by training it to shut up and Just Listen for a Change instead of the incessant talk, talk, talk Ego has conditioned it to do.

Moon Child

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 13, 2012
Clearly you seem to be getting it? What is it a guide to after or spiritual world to you? A guide to what color of light you must follow to gain a better rebirth? Better, if you are getting it, you must have some mystical power. In that case, I recommend you take the Randi challenge for $1 milllion dollar. So far many charlatans have tried none have succeeded.I know I'm not getting.

I know a crazy woman who sees all sort of things. according to her I'm not quite getting it as well. For your information I meditate in and out of trance easily to achieve a peaceful state. There's nothing mystical about it, just natural abilities. Meditation is about the only tool a religion has ever provided to me and proved useful.

Meditation is not a RELIGIOUS concept or practice. :wave:

thePreacher

BANNED
Dec 2, 2007
Dogville, USA
Occupation
Agent Of Change

Correct. It is a spiritual concept or practice.

Can an atheist who practices meditation be spiritual? I think so, as long as he does not negate the practice by focusing on it solely as a Way to relax. Even if he does not know what he is doing, if he at least does not resist the Flow within which meditation immerses him, he will eventually, perhaps even despite himself, find himself seeking answers to questions he might not have, previously, even thought to ask.

At that point, would he still be an athiest? Who cares.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist

From a gnostic perspective, Meditation is a scientific method or scientific process. Therefore, it is possible to meditate without viewing it as a form of spirituality.

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
Correct. It is a spiritual concept or practice.

Can an atheist who practices meditation be spiritual? I think so, as long as he does not negate the practice by focusing on it solely as a Way to relax. Even if he does not know what he is doing, if he at least does not resist the Flow within which meditation immerses him, he will eventually, perhaps even despite himself, find himself seeking answers to questions he might not have, previously, even thought to ask.

At that point, would he still be an athiest? Who cares.

You seem to be talking in circles here,or I'm just not understanding you. If meditation is a process that leads to a state of consciousness, it seems you can choose any thing as your object of meditation. Also I feel that spirituality is different for everyone, and it is something that is innate with us, so we don't have to practice to be something we already are.

Peace!

Is Trump Going to Prison?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Latest profile posts

Kemetstry wrote on Destee's profile.
still can't post polls

Kemetstry wrote on Destee's profile.
What ever you've done, you can no longer post to the kitchen table