Black Atheists : Can an athiest be spiritual?

Discussion in 'Atheist Study Group' started by Moon Child, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Moon Child

Moon Child Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +279
    Hello all.

I am curious to the nature of an atheist. I have had experiences that one can be called at one with nature, with the rhythms of that nature, people and earth. I have been at one with animals and the essence of animals, I have worked with energy and with the energy contained with others.

I have "seen" spirits and sensed "other" beings.

If one is truly an atheist can one believe in the essence of life that comes in different forms? Can one believe in the Annunaki? Lemuria, Atlantis? I am so young in my journey at the moment and will admit that I am in a moment of cosmic shifting and seeking on levels I never thought possible. :thinking:

Being and knowing you are one with the universe is an amazing thing. I feel it on so many levels but just do not co-sign to any form of religion.

Can any of you shed some light on this for me PLEASE?:jumping:

2. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    You are not alone. I, as well as others in the family of man, have seen spirits, sensed other beings, believe [sorta] in the Annunaki, and recognize the Universe and I as One.

I know a few atheists personally. But none of them I know personally believe in any of that kind of stuff. They think the reason for such experiences is not spirit but rather a delusion created by neurons firing in some region of the brain.

3. Moon Child

Moon Child Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +279
    I want to thank you for answering. I am still in the baby stages and don't know if I can subscribe to calling myself an Atheist. I believe that energy has conscious energy ( I don't know if I said that "right") but I don't think we are just evolved from a single cell organism. Who knows I may be holding onto to the "old ways" before finally letting go?

Don't know yet...

4. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,122
    By definition, this implies you believe in something beyond current life. If so, you arent an atheist in the true sense of the word. You may not believe in GOD as it i commonly known. But eventually, you're going there

5. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I'm an Atheist and We don't believe in any God. I believe in the Annunaki, as you can see by my user name. But they have no deity or religion that requires worship.

We tend to label any being we see as being greater than us as God. God is just a man made word, All through the ages man has been telling man what God is. yet with all of his endless theories and definitions, no word has come forth to tell us which is right. IMO, the reason for this is there is nothing there that can answer us, all that could and would answer is man made,natural, and evolutionary.

The Annunaki is an extraterrestrial race that genetically manipulated mankind for various reasons... To a race that is less advanced, we would be viewed as Gods. This was that case during the early days of exploration of the unknown world.

Peace!

6. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759

7. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    Sorry bout the weird post just got this tablet don't know what the hell. I am doing Lmao

8. houserunner

houserunner Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,165
    I'm not one big on confining myself to titles a lot, but if being an atheist solely means that you do not practice religion then that would define me. Now if being an atheist also means that you do not believe in a higher power or a creator then that is where I differentiate. The bottom line for me is that there is something that created us, us meaning life in general on this planet. So in simplistic terms if we were created then there has to be an architect and builders or the architect and builder is one in the same.

9. SlickBeast

SlickBeast Well-Known Member MEMBER

Australia
    Programmer/Game developer
    Ratings:
    +361
    If spirituality pertains to deep connection with nature then an atheist can be spiritual. Rationality is often associated with atheism/agnosticism but not all atheists are rational. Some might not believe in god but believe aliens seeded the earth. From my pov, these atheists are as big a nutcase as religious folks as they basing their theories on myths. This doesn't mean I'm denying the possibility of intelligent life in the universe. A rational person will most likely be agnostic (or an atheist) while an atheist is not necessarily rational. For example atheism has nothing to do with believing in evolution. An atheist could believe in an alternative theory.

10. SlickBeast

SlickBeast Well-Known Member MEMBER

Australia
    Programmer/Game developer
    Ratings:
    +361
    And who created the even more complex creator? Nobody created him? Then wth are you talking about? Circular reasoning.