Africa : Can Africa be united without war?

I-khan said:
thanx for the link,

you're welcome brother I-khan.

make sure you also check the one i just posted.....let me expalion something here if i may..

in the thread i started titled "blackness is a state of mind" i stated that i was making that statement based on what i was TAUGHT from one brother in particular (Tim Ngubeni) who was a student advisor at ucla, and a former associate of steve biko. brother tim (thamsanqa) was a former general-secretary of BCM and made a few things clear to me. for one, he had family, uncles, elders who were divided in their loyalties...some to the african national congress (anc) and some loyal to the pac (pan-africanist congress of azania). the anc was basically seen as a marxist, soviet-backed liberation movement while the pac was backed by the chinese...

bcm was a "third force" which was widely criticized among the "left" before and after the death of steve biko but its organizaing base continues to draw its main source of support from Soweto township. It became more suspect because of its increasing ties to Winnie Mandela which became an embarrasment to the anc prior to nelson mandela's release so the character assasination attempt against her was effective not only in diminishing her role as "mother" of the movement but it also cast dispersion of azapo for its relation to her as sister winnie had started increasing the amount of speaking that she was doing at azapo/bcm functions.

so the interesting dynamic to this is that the soviets withdrew support from anc as it was in the process of collapsing....and the chinese did not switch to the anc openly...they still maintained support for the pac....so this explains some of the problems between the anc government of south africa and the zapu government of Mugabe's zimbabwe....on formerly soveit0backed...the other backed by the chinese..

so the thing is if the soviets/russians pulled out of south africa who filled that void or has played that role in transition....??

i think its obvious but i can not provide "proof" so i will let others examine for themselves and reach their own conclusions...

the last azapo document speaks of the widespread corruption in south africa but coming from me im sure some would not accept me stating such so this is why i provided the last link...taken from the movement and explained in their own words..

I-khan said:
How does the ANC percieve them? Do they collaborate with the ANC?

The ANC has always seen AZAPO/BCM as rivals. This is because after the banning of several organizations in the early 7os the BCM built a base in Soweto and other townships while the ANC was an exile organization. The BCM from inception countered the communist party's influence in the leadership of the anc and its philosophy of black consciousness further alienated the white and jewish members of the ANC (see joe slovo)..

AZAPO now is a minor party in the parliamentary government.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back