Can Adults PREACH to Children Here?

Discussion in 'Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions' started by cherryblossom, Aug 12, 2010.

1. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65520

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65473

Brother Ankur has posted 2 threads in the "TEENZ Forum" which advocate the teachings of the NGE (nation of gods & earths).

I have tried to explain to him how inappropriate these topics are in that forum, but he is not receptive.

Now, yes, I am aware that NGE members have stated that their "belief system" is not a "RELIGION" and that they call it a "SCIENCE."

However, it is still a "belief system" that teaches many tenets that run counter to the religious beliefs of others.

And the "TEENS" of this site are of different religions and belief systems as well.

So, I did not think it was appropriate for Ankur to post topics in the "TEENZ Forum" which seek to CONVERT and DIVERT children from what they already believe in and from what their PARENTS are teaching them.

IMO, this same behavior would be inappropriate from any Christian member, Muslim member, ATR member or Hebrew Israelite member if they attempted to project their beliefs onto children

The "TEENZ Forum" is a place for CHILDREN to have a voice and express themselves.

IMO, it is not the place for others to try to PREACH to them.

2. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

Is this appropriate for the "TEENZ Forum?"

3. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Is this appropriate for the "TEENZ Forum?"

Now, yes, these are all "values" that any of us should have.

But, this is from the NGE website; and it is a "belief system" which does not agree with what ALL teenagers are taught by their PARENTS.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Sister Cherry ... while I don't think anyone is "preaching," the threads you've mentioned do have a specific forum for such topics.

I've moved them, and encourage you to consider that anything found here could be considered "preaching" if one wants to view it in that manner. In addition, our children have way more in this world to cotend with than any life path represented here ... in fact ... I believe our children (all of us) need as much information as possible, in order to make the best possible decisions for themselves ... and I'm of the opinion that all found in our community, discussions, etc., is beneficial toward that end ... including NGE threads.

Again ... thanks for letting us know a thread was out of place, and needed moving.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

5. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Thank you, Sister Destee.

My concern wasn't so much the SUBJECT as it was I thought they were inappropriately placed in the "TEENZ forum."

I had previously said as much to Ankur.