Black People : Can AAs Afford “Me First” Atttitude?

Riada

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 14, 2005
Can AAs Afford “Me First” Atttitude?

If AAs continue going downhill, we won’t be able to get back up the hill. Duh!! I’m sure we know that. Most AAs I meet complain, just as we do on here, about the sad state of things, but very few would be willing to give up the “Me First” selfish attitude. Most of us want what we want when and how we want it and we just keep blaming others for our downhill slide.

Obviously, we have to do something radically different if we are to remain intact as a group.
So I’m asking what RADICAL changes in your life or lifestyle are you willing to make in order for us to stand tall?

For Ex.
Would you be willing to pool your money, energy, knowledge, time, etc. with other entrepreneurs to:

Start a business? Buy land and learn how to farm? Buy a building and live in with people you haven’t known that long?

Would you be willing to move to another part of the country if you could hook up with other progressive Black people who were doing one of the above?

Go into therapy if your “issues” are keeping you stuck in a rut.

Marry a man or woman you didn’t love if it meant you could have a better life and lifestyle for you and your children?

Or what else would you be willing to do to start us moving up the hill?

In my opinion AAs need to develop a more communal attitude or risk extinction. A brief look at the state of our community: The majority of children being born out of wedlock to broken homes; the majority of marriages ending in divorce; an increasing number of people dating, mating, and marrying outside of the race; an increasing number of people engaging in homosexual behaviors; the majority of people in the community living in poverty with little assets; it is apparent that the “me first” attitude has been cancerous for our people. We can not remain in tact or become prosperous under our current circumstances or with the current social-behavior trends as acceptable norms. As far as what I’m willing to do? I’m in the process of forming an institution that will help restore the black family (just looking for funding now). I also have a handful of projects which concentrate on promoting black fatherhood and black love. The suggestions that you’ve provided: buying land, building, learning about farming, and moving to take advantage of better opportunities are all essential tactics as well.

a "me first" or selfish attitude will not help us right now.
i do believe we need to be more focused on the interests of black people world wide.
the first major step toward that would be the act of educating ourselves on the condition and situation.
it may mean humbling ourselves to admit that we do not have all the answers and need to work collectively.
it may even mean listening to elders who know a little bit about life.

for me personally, i have begun to study the Metu Neter and learn some of the spiritual life.

panafrica said:
In my opinion AAs need to develop a more communal attitude or risk extinction. A brief look at the state of our community: The majority of children being born out of wedlock to broken homes; the majority of marriages ending in divorce; an increasing number of people dating, mating, and marrying outside of the race; an increasing number of people engaging in homosexual behaviors; the majority of people in the community living in poverty with little assets; it is apparent that the “me first” attitude has been cancerous for our people. We can not remain in tact or become prosperous under our current circumstances or with the current social-behavior trends as acceptable norms. As far as what I’m willing to do? I’m in the process of forming an institution that will help restore the black family (just looking for funding now). I also have a handful of projects which concentrate on promoting black fatherhood and black love. The suggestions that you’ve provided: buying land, building, learning about farming, and moving to take advantage of better opportunities are all essential tactics as well.

The institution that you're forming is great stuff!

But this is what ticks me totally off with our people, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO SEEK FUNDING; WE SHOULD STANDING IN LINE TO GIVE YOU CHECKS!

If we're not able to do things ourselves for one reason or another, we should support those of us who do and if we did that, new everythings would be mushrooming in our communities.

If we're not going to support our institutions, it's already over with and some of us just don't know it yet. This is why despite anything else I may espouse on here, I ALWAYS do my best to support Blacks who take the initiative to try to start things, even if I don't always agree with every little thing they say or do. This is because I know that when they do positive things, they're helping me to get back up that hill.

jamesfrmphilly said:
a "me first" or selfish attitude will not help us right now.
i do believe we need to be more focused on the interests of black people world wide.
the first major step toward that would be the act of educating ourselves on the condition and situation.
it may mean humbling ourselves to admit that we do not have all the answers and need to work collectively.
it may even mean listening to elders who know a little bit about life.

for me personally, i have begun to study the Metu Neter and learn some of the spiritual life.

Yes, I think that spiritual development is definitely where it all begins. If a person's spirit is not healthy or if it's malnourished, I don't think they will ever find satisfaction or peace in life.

Isn't it just beyond words that we were all given this wonderful thing called a spirit and then it became poisoned by all the toxins around us! Umph!!

I don't study the Metu Neter, but I stay attuned to my spirit and work to root out the toxins and develop it more and more everyday.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back