Black People : can a white woman raise an authentic black man?

jamesfrmphilly said:
you submit dennis rodman as an example of a black man raised by a white family?:slobber:

if you have one non black parent, you are not black. you are mixed race, colored or mulatto.
that does not mean you cannot be a very good person, but you are not black.
this is an example of how we can get messed up when we do not use words properly.

if you are mothered by a white woman you are not black. again, you may be a good person, but you are not black.
an authentic black man is one who has two black parents and was mothered by a black woman.
if they are mixed race and they are mothered by a black woman there is still a chance.
white mother, forget it.

black people are currently plagued by parasites. they may look like us but they do not think like us and they do not have our interests at heart.
we need to be careful who we let into the circle. obama is one who i would not let in.
What is race? And are "black" people members of a race?

Edward Williams said:
What is race? And are "black" people members of a race?
that takes us off topic. i won't go there here.

black people are a group or sub group or tribe.
we are currently beset by parasites. we need to clean up our house.
i do not think letting everything into our group does us any good.

p.s. - doesn't jon coltrane sound so good in the morning?

Very thought provoking thread Bro. James. Seriously, I've never given much though to what "authenticates" a Black Man. And perhaps this is something we should consider, now that we see how they "select" our so-called future Black Leaders like Obama as an example.

Let me throw this into the mix.

I was raised in Harlem around Blacks and Latinos. My best Friend now for over 18 years was raised in Brooklyn around Blacks and Whites. We both have Black Mothers and Fathers. I know my friend accepts more ideas from Whites than I do. I went to an Afrocentric Elementary School, he didn't- he was one of very few Blacks in a Catholic School.

I still would never say he is not an "authentic" Brotha, he's just more accepting of White people and their ideas than I am. He's dated a few Sistahs, but is very multi-cultural when it comes to dating. I'm not. He dates White Girls. I don't. He has allot of White friends and buddies- I don't. But we still manage to maintain a Brotherhood based on things most Black Men find familiar, just an overall understanding of how we exist in the world.

I would never say I am better than any Black Man or Woman because of how I was raised. But it's true that some Brothas may not serve our self interests in the long run. That's not how they are wired. Being "raised" by Whites can sometimes include being around Whites, becoming conformed and comfortable with them during your early years of programming. I guess, this is where our Black skinned, White mind thinkers come from.

Unfortunately I judge all of them based on how threatening they are. I know my friend's weaknesses and strengths, so I don't feel threatened by him. Perhaps that is an illusion on my behalf. Because obviously these types grow into power quicker than other Blacks do.

I started my journey very early. I didn't know there were Blacks who weren't concerned with Black progress until I was much older. My friend like myself is concerned with Black progress, but how Blacks should progress is defined differently. I say we can progress without Whites, by using our skills and intelligence as resources and networking with Africans all over the World. He says we can progress with the help of Whites who owe us anyway because of Slavery.

If a Black Man is for Black progress in any form, its difficult for me to quarrel with him.

jamesfrmphilly said:
that takes us off topic. i won't go there here.

black people are a group or sub group or tribe.
we are currently beset by parasites. we need to clean up our house.
i do not think letting everything into our group does us any good.

p.s. - doesn't jon coltrane sound so good in the morning?
I don't know. I don't listen to jon coltrane in the morning.

What makes a black person black?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back