Black People : can a white woman raise an authentic black man?

Tell me if this isn't a receipt for confused children.
The general manager at work is a white Frenchman. His wife is from Spain. They have 3 adopted children; 2 girls, one Chinese, the other black. The boy is Mexican.
I feel so sorry for these children, as they will grow up not knowing who they are or where they come from, their heritage or anything. And since they are privileged and sheltered (the parents have a considerable amount of money & connections), they will grow up thinking all is all right with the world.
NO! A white cannot raise a Black Man.

White women have raised many Black MEN and Black WOMEN who have grown to become icons/leaders/educators in our communities.

You need to define an "authentic Black man" - who is that? If skin tone is not enough.. if one is to be judged on mindset.. what checklist must one go through to meet the requirements to be classified as such?

With your comments in mind - that means Black raised by Black doesnt make one Black either - because you know there are too many oreo cookies out there to count, too many to support this theory.

so please expand - what is an authentic Black man?

Zulile said:
White women have raised many Black MEN and Black WOMEN who have grown to become icons/leaders/educators in our communities.

You need to define an "authentic Black man" - who is that? If skin tone is not enough.. if one is to be judged on mindset.. what checklist must one go through to meet the requirements to be classified as such?

With your comments in mind - that means Black raised by Black doesnt make one Black either - because you know there are too many oreo cookies out there to count, too many to support this theory.

so please expand - what is an authentic Black man?
The opposite of Tiger Woods & Clarance Thomas.

I'm with Zulile on this and those are excellent questions Zulile asked. In order for me to understand what you mean you're gonna hafta describe what you're talking about.

One of the initial questions I have is;

Raise them up in order to do what?

What this conversation is going to get to eventually, if it continues, is "how black is black". One of my more recent acquaintences, in the last few years, has been Lisa Fager. While her mother is a white person and her father is darker than I am, she is a non-white person (black person). She looks like a Sister, is built like a Sister :), walks like a Sister, talks like a Sister, is out in the public speaking out about the programming on black children in the "entertainment industry"...even as recently as her testimony given on what is called Capital Hill that was aired on C-SPAN (Used to be here...House Hearing on Stereotypes and Degrading Images - Part 2)...that is...if you can still find it. C-SPAN tends to delete videos very quickly of non-white people who know what they're talking about and how to talk about.

When is a Sister not a Sister? In other words, how black is black? And raise them up in order to do what? In order to do what Lisa Fager is doing?

I have a question also for James, can a black African woman, raise a black American male, to be an authentic or legitimate black man in America?

I have known of a few black males who were raised by white family's. They usually retain their black identity, because those white parents expose them to that side also. If I'm not mistaken Dennis Rodman was raised by white parents.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back