Black Children : Can A Pregnant Teen Be A Role Model?

I'd like to hear from teenagers as well as parents on this...

No, she isnt a role model. The problems that await her and her child are well documented. They cross racial social and economic lines. Though many wish to point to the statistical anomolies, there is a reason it is looked down on by all societies and preached againstr

:em0200:

No, she isnt a role model. The problems that await her and her child are well documented. They cross racial social and economic lines. Though many wish to point to the statistical anomolies, there is a reason it is looked down on by all societies and preached againstr

Well, I wanted others to not specifically use this young woman as the root but other pregnant teens.

What if she were 16 y/o, on the Honor Roll, active in her community and extra-curricular activities, etc.....would she not be a "role model" just because she's pregnant?

We did a lot of things which ticked off our parents etc. too...

Therefore it would be natural and normal for us to be a wee bit more forgetting (if not forgetting) about some of today's young folk shortcomings?

Why I come across just the opposite is what continues to be new and news to me!

:SuN013:

Well, I wanted others to not specifically use this young woman as the root but other pregnant teens.

What if she were 16 y/o, on the Honor Roll, active in her community and extra-curricular activities, etc.....would she not be a "role model" just because she's pregnant?

Every role model is human and all have the potential for making mistakes. The question is how does this individual handle the mistakes they make? This is what determines rather an individual is suitable as a positive role model. If she publically acknowledged that it was a mistake for her to become pregnant outside of a marriage relationship, acknowledged the physical and emotional difficulties it will bring to herself as well as to her child, and expressed the importance of remaining positive and not allowing her mistake to hinder her potential for a productive and progressive life even though her actions have created a self-imposed difficulty multiplyer, THEN she could infact be a positive role model BASED on the fact that she demonstrated how to appropriately respond to the mistakes humans sometimes make in their lives.

It is unrealistic to expect a role model to be perfect in all of their ways, but it is realistic to expect role models to be an example of how to respond appropriately to the mistakes we inevitably make as humans.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back