Black People : Can a person have same sex sex, and still be straight?

Can a person have same sex sex, and still be straight?

• Yes - you can still be straight, and have same sex sex

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No - you are not straight, if you have same sex sex

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

I always thought that a person couldn't be a homosexual, unless they actually had sex with someone of the same sex.

No ... correct that ... i thought in order to be a homosexual, you had to be a man having sex with another man.

I've learned since, that a homosexual can be a man or a woman, having same sex, sex.

Is that right? If so, it would mean that female homosexuals can be homosexual, lesbian, bisexual ... but a male homosexual can only be homosexual and/or bisexual ... right? That doesn't seem fair, women get 3 possible label choices, while men only get 2 ... :) ... but then again ... there are probably a lot of words i don't even know ... :look:

If this all sounds confusing, i apologize, for i'm really trying to get it straight ... no pun intended ... :read:

What prompted this thread, was the suggestion that a person could engage in homosexual sex ... same sex sex ... and still be straight.

If that is possible, what makes a homosexual a homosexual, if having same sex encounters is not the determining factor.

That really blows my mind ... that you can have same sex sex, and not be homosexual.

What is (a) homosexual ... ??

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

Peace and Blessings Family,

I always thought that a person couldn't be a homosexual, unless they actually had sex with someone of the same sex.

No ... correct that ... i thought in order to be a homosexual, you had to be a man having sex with another man.

I've learned since, that a homosexual can be a man or a woman, having same sex, sex.

Is that right? If so, it would mean that female homosexuals can be homosexual, lesbian, bisexual ... but a male homosexual can only be homosexual and/or bisexual ... right? That doesn't seem fair, women get 3 possible label choices, while men only get 2 ... :) ... but then again ... there are probably a lot of words i don't even know ... :look:

If this all sounds confusing, i apologize, for i'm really trying to get it straight ... no pun intended ... :read:

What prompted this thread, was the suggestion that a person could engage in homosexual sex ... same sex sex ... and still be straight.

If that is possible, what makes a homosexual a homosexual, if having same sex encounters is not the determining factor.

That really blows my mind ... that you can have same sex sex, and not be homosexual.

What is (a) homosexual ... ??

Thanks in advance.

Destee

As a sexual orientation, homosexuality refers to "an enduring pattern of or disposition to experience sexual, affectional, or romantic attractions primarily to" people of the same sex; "it also refers to an individual’s sense of personal and social identity based on those attractions, behaviors expressing them, and membership in a community of others who share them."

As a sexual orientation, homosexuality refers to "an enduring pattern of or disposition to experience sexual, affectional, or romantic attractions primarily to" people of the same sex; "it also refers to an individual’s sense of personal and social identity based on those attractions, behaviors expressing them, and membership in a community of others who share them."

Thank You Brother O ... can you answer a question for me ?

That's really my question ... and i'm gonna change the title and add a poll ... vote please! :D

Thank You!

Destee

If so, it would mean that female homosexuals can be homosexual, lesbian, bisexual ... but a male homosexual can only be homosexual and/or bisexual ... right? That doesn't seem fair, women get 3 possible label choices, while men only get 2 ... :)

The term 'gay' is used to describe both homosexual men and lesbian women but has become particularly associated with homosexual men. Its derivation is unclear but may come from the nineteenth century French slang for a homosexual man 'gaie'. Throughout the last century it has been used as a sort of code word between homosexual men.

Destee

Yes. If it is forced upon the person, as in the instance of prison rape.

No, if the person engages in a consentual act.

The key word in the quote above is primary.

If a male engages in same sex act and has a primary attraction to the same sex, he is gay (ie homo-sexual). If the person has a primary attraction to women but engages in consentual same sex relation, the person is considered bi-sexual.

It comes down to sexual preference in terms of how one is labeled or classified.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back