Black People : Can a person have same sex sex, and still be straight?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Sep 12, 2010.

?

Can a person have same sex sex, and still be straight?

1. Yes - you can still be straight, and have same sex sex

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. No - you are not straight, if you have same sex sex

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I always thought that a person couldn't be a homosexual, unless they actually had sex with someone of the same sex.

No ... correct that ... i thought in order to be a homosexual, you had to be a man having sex with another man.

I've learned since, that a homosexual can be a man or a woman, having same sex, sex.

Is that right? If so, it would mean that female homosexuals can be homosexual, lesbian, bisexual ... but a male homosexual can only be homosexual and/or bisexual ... right? That doesn't seem fair, women get 3 possible label choices, while men only get 2 ... :) ... but then again ... there are probably a lot of words i don't even know ... :look:

If this all sounds confusing, i apologize, for i'm really trying to get it straight ... no pun intended ... :read:

What prompted this thread, was the suggestion that a person could engage in homosexual sex ... same sex sex ... and still be straight.

If that is possible, what makes a homosexual a homosexual, if having same sex encounters is not the determining factor.

That really blows my mind ... that you can have same sex sex, and not be homosexual.

What is (a) homosexual ... ??

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    As a sexual orientation, homosexuality refers to "an enduring pattern of or disposition to experience sexual, affectional, or romantic attractions primarily to" people of the same sex; "it also refers to an individual’s sense of personal and social identity based on those attractions, behaviors expressing them, and membership in a community of others who share them."

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677

Thank You Brother O ... can you answer a question for me ?

Can a person have same sex sex, and still be straight?

That's really my question ... and i'm gonna change the title and add a poll ... vote please! :D

Thank You!

:heart:

Destee

4. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    The term 'gay' is used to describe both homosexual men and lesbian women but has become particularly associated with homosexual men. Its derivation is unclear but may come from the nineteenth century French slang for a homosexual man 'gaie'. Throughout the last century it has been used as a sort of code word between homosexual men.

5. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Yes. If it is forced upon the person, as in the instance of prison rape.

No, if the person engages in a consentual act.

The key word in the quote above is primary.

If a male engages in same sex act and has a primary attraction to the same sex, he is gay (ie homo-sexual). If the person has a primary attraction to women but engages in consentual same sex relation, the person is considered bi-sexual.

It comes down to sexual preference in terms of how one is labeled or classified.

6. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    There is this trend with younger girls and they like to make out with other girls and stuff cause they think it will get attention for other men.

:10500:

They have even gone as far as doing sexual acts (girl on girl) for men and they aren't even gay...how do I know this? Cause I know these tra---, I mean girls....They do it in the club while they are poop-faced.

Anyways, the girls claim not to be gay or into women, but like to make out with them and do other things with them while they are drunk.

I know of some real lesbians who are offended by these types of acts that these girls do in order to receive a attention from men.

NOW...You don't see straight men going around making out with other men...and saying they aren't gay...no, no take that back, I seen some white guys do that once...

7. Fieldpea

Fieldpea Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +778
    To me, and like Omo said...

when someone is *forced*, then 'no', such sexual encounters don't indicate a preference, a predisposition, or a leaning for same sex sexual gratification.

Otherwise, any sexual activities with someone of the same gender that happens *by choice* means that that someone fails the straight (hetero) test. Even getting poop faced first doesn't work (to my way of thinking), because such same gender sexual propositioning to actions are a *no go* even for hetero drunks! Even then....folks be trying to fight like mofos instead cause drunk or not, that ish don't be what time it is for that durnk person!

Even still, I do think there is one additional, legitimate exception--young children. It's actually not abnormal for children to experiment with their bodies alongside of another trusted child. With kids, it matters less to not at all if the trusted other is of the same gender. I wouldn't be at all certain with such situations if anyone could make a determination about sexual orientation when its childhood experimentation.

That, and forcible rape situations are the two exceptions, though, with me.

One Love, and PEACE

8. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Has any thought been given to what actually makes homosexuality bad and forbidden in te first place? It is something as old as civilization. Throughout history, both men and women have been engaging in sexual practices with members of their own sex. The activity has even been spotted in most other species. In human history, homosexuality was either accepted or ignored by mainstream heterosexuals until the twelfth century. Is this something that is innate with us,or is it triggered by the way we treat our kids from the day they are born? IMO,I think it's an unspoken language that makes men feel the way they do and women feel the way they do.

Let me explain,one day I told my son that I loved him and he gave me a strange look and really didn't respond. From that day on I cease to tell him and started asking him for "dap",which he gave with no hesitation. Now I didn't need to ask him what was wrong,I knew what was wrong because I myself was feeling funny telling another male that I loved him. Being gay IMO is not a matter of choice,you are either born that way or not.

Having sex with a man while in prison for a long length of time does not make you gay,it makes you pragmatic.

Peace!

Hey Destee..I made sense this time...:SuN049:

9. Nameless

Nameless Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +110

PEACE

and with regard to my friend the "content of her character" is why she was attractive, and not the outside

and as a hypothetical question to ponder "what exactly is the content of one's character"?

would that be the "part" they "play" on the stage of "life", or is it the courage to be true to one's innate nature, and express love

national geographic had an article with regard to how "animals" who are instinctive do "mate" with same sex animals

so in the physical you can "respond" to the totality of you physical genetic make-up, or you can "respond" to spiritual thirst to find what's in the heart

me, personally, I am in love with a "gay man" weather he "wants" to see it or not

and since the "content" of his character is mine (mind) i have found peace in this realization, and i'm proud of it, and thankful to the Goddess/God for his existence

10. StefiA

StefiA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +215
    I'm not sure if being homosexual is an acquired pattern of learning or if there's something different in HS people's brains, DNA or whatever, but presumably you could be homosexual and never have sex at all.
    As to why people are against the HS act I'd always thought up until yesterday that it was because it was a biologically unnatural act as in it didn't result in reproduction and that that was why religions had banned it. Plus of course male HS acts could be seen as possibly causing serious injuries.
    However, after something jamesfrmphilly said yesterday its obvious you could apply the same logic of being biologically unnatural to oral sex - now I must admit I have no idea what religions view of that practice is, but I've certainly never been told it was wrong in a church sermon or anything.
    There's also the case that almost all the religious arguments against HS always seem to be about men on men rather than girl on girl - lesbianism just doesn't seem to be as much as a problem for people to deal with. I must admit that's always been my attitude - I've never really been bothered by girls kissing in clubs or whatever, but have by guys doing it.