Black People : Can a Leopard change his spots?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Blackbird, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    Greetings All,

It's been a while eventhough I've dropped a few times. I wanted to asked the question. Do you think the collective mind state of white people has changed since the 1800's? Can a leopard change its spots?

Blackbird (soaring above after perching briefly)

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    As always, it's great to see you again Brother Blackbird! :wave:

Simply put, I think that people can change if their desire to do so is strong enough. Behavior, I believe, are traits that we learn and can be handed down from generation to generation. We learn by observing and being taught. There are some instincts that are innate within us as human beings, such as survival, but I think the habits and behaviors that we equate to most if not all white people are learned. I could be wrong about this and welcome a good debate, but until then, I strongly believe that people can change because I don't think that racist attitudes are analagous to spots on a leopard.

Queenie :spinstar:

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,746
    is white supremacy the order of the day, yes.
    are people leopards? no!

4. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
  5. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hmm.. has collective white amerika changed it's views about Black folks? No. They just hide it better. While this may sound like a prejudiced statement, it's JMO. See, I can look at history, and we KNEW who was against us, even if we didn't want to admit it. Now, they may have changed the catch phrases, but I feel that the overall sentiment is the same.

6. Emeka

Emeka Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Question: Can a leopard change its spots?

Answer: Never!!!

White people can/will never change. We must not put our hopes in trying to change them. It is an exercise in futility. To do so would be to succumb to their greatest WMD (Weapons of mass distraction) to our collective development/empowerment.

7. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    I still think that white people CAN change. If Black people can, then what makes them any different? The question didn't ask whether they WILL or even WANT to change. Why would they feel compelled to change when they have the best of everything? I don't equate them to leopards--more like snakes and scorpions that will bite/sting you even if you reach out to give them a helping hand. Leopards can be trained, but I've never heard of anyone training a snake or scorpion.

8. Emeka

Emeka Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Again: White people can NEVER change!!!

9. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I think that's the real. Whether they want to or not. Whether they want to see things level, even and fair. We all know the answer. As a whole I think white folks will always want to keep every other race at a lower level to suit their own insecurities. To brainwash themselves into really believing that they are superior. :lol: They have no reason to do any different. Without that they'd be lost.

10. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Is there some universal law that says they can't? Is there something in their biological make-up that prohibits them from changing? Is there an essential chemical absent from their brains that won't allow them to change? Are there demonic forces at work that have control over them? Is there not an ounce of some "good" in a white person that seeks to bust loose from their mental chains so that they can conform to become kinder, gentler people? Is a racist attitude inherent in white people? Can a blind pig see his fat arse on a foggy morning?

Whatchu think?