Black People Politics : Call Him "PRESIDENT OBAMA," Not "Mister"

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by cherryblossom, Aug 21, 2009.

1. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    1/30/2009
    By: Richard Kenyada
    President Obama! Say It Loud...

"We all should refer to him as President Obama... Period!

As African Americans, there is a temptation to become automatically chummy with our new President, and refer to him as “Barack,” or “Obama,” "Brotha President," or even “O”… but there will be others who will disrespect him enough. We don’t need to buy into their collective nightmare. He should be afforded all of the pomp & circumstance that the office demands. When the President enters a room, every able body rises to stand. No exceptions!

Besides, giving the President his full due, irks the opposition to no end. I work with bigots who lower their heads and avert their eyes every time they pass my office, lest they will see a large portrait of, wait for it, President Obama. I cannot adequately describe the joy with which I look forward to those instances.

I’ve just emerged from eight years of George W. Bush, a future war criminal, and general @zzhole of enormous proportion. So forgive me if I like seeing these Southern white-trash bigots squirm beneath their John Deere baseball caps. I want them to become violently ill every time they see President Obama’s face. I want them to consider the one-way ticket to Bosnia. Sad day in the trailer park? Tough *****; try eight years of bad days.

So get into the habit of saying “President Obama ” whenever you can. Even if you’re just talking about the weather; throw in a “President Obama” just for the effect, like “I wonder what the weather’s like in Washington D.C. for President Obama?” Or “Yes, I’ll have the sweet & sour shrimp. I heard that President Obama likes the dish.” Or even “First Lady Michelle Obama is reportedly making plans for new interior decoration in The White House.” You know what I mean, put emphasis on the terms that will drive them crazy, while at the same time bolster the self esteem of our children.

Well, I’ve got to get back to work. I wonder what President Obama is working on right now."

http://authortree.com/kenyada/Blog

2. Putney Swope

Putney Swope Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +139
    that question is on the mind of millions of Black folks

Well, I’ve got to get back to work. I wonder what President Obama is working on right now."

Is he planning to listen to the Black grandmothers and grandfathers, and great aunts and uncles who are worried about thier medicaid and medicare bieng cut?

Is he planning to give an ear to the 80 percent of Black folks who want a single payer health care system?

and is planning to make the importation of heroin and cocaine ito the nation a national securiy issue?

Also I wonder if he ias planning to remove the tax alocation system from the nations schools so that all children are assured of equal education

And I also wonder when he will put an end to Dick Cheney and his Haliburton getting rich from sensless wars that leave our young men and women, dead or worse.

So wether we call him Mr or president, will he realy hear the needs of Black folks in this naion
    the way he has heard the needs of AIPAC?

Like Tevin Cambell said;
    "Can you hear me Uncle Sam?"

Is he planning to stop the regentrification that is going on in the Black communitie across the nation?

3. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Why don't we just call him George Bush? I can't put it all on him though, no president of any advanced industrial nation is going to address the needs of it's impoverished class. Black people need to clean their own houses, period.

THAT'S MY BIG OPINION!

4. bigtown

Ratings:
    +31
    Have you checked out any of his policies (his own and the ones he kept from Bush) or are you just happy that he's black?

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

The flavor I perceive here is a little bit of self-hate...President Barack Obama is our Brother, regardless, isn't he?

6. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    if you hadn't noticed, he's also a politician. as such, he works for the "good" of the nation, rather than any particular group ... allegedly. supposedly that includes all americans, even the poor, the outcast and the "minorities" ...

not so much "self hate" as disdain for politicians, eh?

7. bigtown

Ratings:
    +31
    Are you suggesting that because I believe him to be the puppet pitchman for the NWOs agenda of global economic enslavement of the worlds people, that belief somehow makes me hate myself. Are you suggesting I support all black people, even when they are working for a euro agenda. Mighty race whipped of you sir. That way of thinking has been used against black people for such a long time now.

That's my "BIG" opinion.

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

anAfrican,

That works for me my brother.

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

bigtown,

Welcome to Destee.com, but no, I make no such suppositions, and my reference to self-hate was in the broader sense and not the personal. And I certainly agree with Malcolm's attitude toward uncle Toms...Peace In, for real bigtown.

10. Putney Swope

Putney Swope Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +139
    What does exposing the truth about a public servant have to do with self hate?

Perception of the implementation control of free speech and freedom of the press by a neocolonial dictator in Africa.

"You must get the people to love you first"
    General idi Amin Dada

And you know that perception held true in Black history

Colonization as well as Jim Crow ,were for the record psychologicaly, and hence emotionaly propagated by ;
    training young ambitious men in oratory and rhetoric and then setting them up to tell the public what they wanted to hear, while maintaining the status quo.
    (Carter G Woodson, "The Miseducation of the Negro")
    (Franz Fanon, "The Wretched of the Earth"
    , "Black Face White Mask")

Despots and organized crime in the government as well as on the streets and industry was predicated upon a blind and romanticized loyalty as opposed to a critical analysis.

History has shown clearly how;
    the adoration of the masses was important to;

father Divine
    Daddy Grace
    Papa Doc Duvalier
    Tshombe
    Mobutu Sese Soku
    IdI Amin Dada
    manuel Noriega
    Roy Innis
    Vander Baety
    Don King