Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Science,

California needs 11 trillion gallons of water: NASA

The first of its kind calculation of how much groundwater would end the drought was led by Jay Famiglietti of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California and based on observations from NASA's Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment satellites.

California has experienced rainstorms in recent days but, while welcome, scientists warn that they are not enough to end the drought.

"It takes years to get into a drought of this severity, and it will likely take many more big storms, and years, to crawl out of it," said Famiglietti.

http://news.yahoo.com/california-needs-11-trillion-gallons-water-nasa-210803436.html

875b5280-1be4-11e4-8fb4-e94ddcadade2_01_IMG_0183.JPG

97a23140-1be4-11e4-8fb4-e94ddcadade2_06_IMG_0156.JPG

Orange trees, dead from lack of water, being bulldozed near Orange Cove, Calif. (Holly Bailey/Yahoo News)

You know, when I was traveling thru there last summer, I thought I saw signs about the water shortage. I guess there wasn't enough water in the reservoirs in the surrounding hills to keep them in water through the growing season. And man Sacramento Valley do grow a lot of crops, one guy told me that that was the 3rd year in a row that the expected winter rain failed to come.

These Maps of California's Water Shortage Are Terrifying

Screen%20Shot%202014-10-28%20at%204.45.32%20PM_0.png

The navy-blue line represents the Ogallala aquifer—a magnificent water resourcenow being sucked dry to grow corn in the US high plains. Note that it has quietly dropped nearly as much as the Central Valley's aquifers (yellow line) over the past decade. The plunging light-blue line represents the falling water table inPunjab, India's breadbasket and the main siteof thatirrigation-intensive agricultural "miracle" known as the Green Revolution, which industrialized the region's farm fields starting in the 1960s. The light-green line represents China's key growing region, the north plain. Its relatively gentle fall may look comforting, but thewater table there has been dropping steadily for years.
http://www.motherjones.com/tom-phil...roundwater-withdrawal-china-india-middle-east

California today, the world tomorrow bro. Enki. It is that serious. Take a look at what Bill Gates is doing, smh:

Bill Gates Drinks Toilet Water

Bill Gates drinks processed toilet water in a viral video released Monday to promote a new machine that turns human waste into water and electricity.

Wired magazine reported that Gates hopes to bring the OmniProcessor, funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and designed by Washington's Janicki Bioenergy, to developing countries in Africa and South Asia.
Read More and See the Video Here

You know, when I was traveling thru there last summer, I thought I saw signs about the water shortage. I guess there wasn't enough water in the reservoirs in the surrounding hills to keep them in water through the growing season. And man Sacramento Valley do grow a lot of crops, one guy told me that that was the 3rd year in a row that the expected winter rain failed to come.
These Maps of California's Water Shortage Are Terrifying

Screen%20Shot%202014-10-28%20at%204.45.32%20PM_0.png

The navy-blue line represents the Ogallala aquifer—a magnificent water resourcenow being sucked dry to grow corn in the US high plains. Note that it has quietly dropped nearly as much as the Central Valley's aquifers (yellow line) over the past decade. The plunging light-blue line represents the falling water table inPunjab, India's breadbasket and the main siteof thatirrigation-intensive agricultural "miracle" known as the Green Revolution, which industrialized the region's farm fields starting in the 1960s. The light-green line represents China's key growing region, the north plain. Its relatively gentle fall may look comforting, but thewater table there has been dropping steadily for years.
http://www.motherjones.com/tom-phil...roundwater-withdrawal-china-india-middle-east

Why This State Hasn’t Spent Half a Billion Dollars to Give a Million People Safe Drinking Water

Editor’s Note: After this story was published, the California Department of Public Health disputed that $455 million in federal funding had not been spent, despite a statement confirming the money had not been spent from an official from the State Water Resources Control Board, which currently oversees the safe drinking water program. Once we receive documentation of any expenditures, we will update the story

While more than a million Californians are forced to buy bottled water or drink contaminated water from their tap, the state has yet to spend $455 million of federal money allocated for safe drinking water projects, officials acknowledge.

http://news.yahoo.com/why-state-hasn-t-spent-half-billion-dollars-215632327.html

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back