Black People : Butterfly Effect

Deepvoice

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 16, 2005
Butterfly effect-a phenomenon whereby a small change at one place in a complex system can have large consequences elsewhere.

Here is an example. My mother as a child was gifted, she graduated from high school at the age of 15 at a time when it was very unusually to do so(especially a black child), they saw her potential at a young age and thought that they would only be doing her an injustice if they didn't challenge her mentally in the classroom so gradually they skipped her 3 grades. She was 11 years old for a couple months as a high schooler. At an IQ of 165, she was regarded as highly intelligent amongst her family members and fellow classmates.

The changes happened young in her life, they were gradually and they were small, but these things would have a terrible effect on my mother for the rest of her life. Since everybody around her were so much older than my mother, this greatly hindered my mother's social interraction amongst her peers, she took herself for granted, and so many things I can't begin to name.

These things in her youth seemed small, but in the course of her 45 years on this earth these changes proved non beneficial to her. My point is that people should take it slowly and experience all things. Anything that alters this process could be great in a person's life.

Brother Deepvoice ... thanks for sharing with us.

Your story makes me think of all the many generations of our people enslaved, mistreated, beat, killed, violated in every way possible ... and then they are told ... "you're free" ... with no therapy, no mule, no acres, no eduction, no help ... only jim crow and more subjugation.

Now, a few generations later ... you have us.

You're absolutely right Brother ... everything effects everything.

In regard to your own personal testimony above, i'd like to encourage you to take the good and leave the bad, as all of us must do with situations that we find in our lives could have been handled better or differently.

Your Mother, with all that you've shared above, has somehow been able to give birth and raise a beautiful son ... you. So all of the negative did not hinder her ability to give a great gift to the world and our people. Focus on the positive. In addition, you have the added insight of her experience, when you give birth to your children and see their remarkable intelligence. You're a step ahead Brother, because your Mother shared her story with you. This is good. Be encouraged.

Again, thanks for sharing.

:heart:

Destee

Deepvoice said:
Butterfly effect-a phenomenon whereby a small change at one place in a complex system can have large consequences elsewhere.

Here is an example. My mother as a child was gifted, she graduated from high school at the age of 15 at a time when it was very unusually to do so(especially a black child), they saw her potential at a young age and thought that they would only be doing her an injustice if they didn't challenge her mentally in the classroom so gradually they skipped her 3 grades. She was 11 years old for a couple months as a high schooler. At an IQ of 165, she was regarded as highly intelligent amongst her family members and fellow classmates.

The changes happened young in her life, they were gradually and they were small, but these things would have a terrible effect on my mother for the rest of her life. Since everybody around her were so much older than my mother, this greatly hindered my mother's social interraction amongst her peers, she took herself for granted, and so many things I can't begin to name.

These things in her youth seemed small, but in the course of her 45 years on this earth these changes proved non beneficial to her. My point is that people should take it slowly and experience all things. Anything that alters this process could be great in a person's life.
Though i don't understand why u talk about it,i agree with u that we should go step by step

Your mother sounds fascinating. Life can be especially depressing for a very intelligent Black woman, since she usually grew up in or must grow up in a racist and sexist environment. I don’t know what kind of relationship you have with your mother, but have you ever tried to find out what her life has really been like from her point of view--herstory? Sounds like you have observed a lot about her and she's told you some things, but now that you are older, you might want to encourage her to just talk it all out to you--that is, if you can be emotionally detached enough to handle this without harming yourself.

I'm sure it would truly warm her heart to know that her son wants to know her as a person.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back