Black Entertainment : Busta & Co. should pay up

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by panafrica, Feb 7, 2006.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/389234p-330086c.html

2. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    You know what kills me about this, is the media is always around when they think that black people have failed!
    I am sorry he lost his life, but where is the trust fund for black soldiers fighting and dying in war and slavery? What about the crowds on the street corners that cause brawl in local neighborhoods? They are not often seen in the media.
    What about the white kids at rave party's that die from an overdose of X or acid? Is rock,heavy metal and headbanger music the cause of their drug use and death? Or the hidden satonic messages in heavy metal, is it causing a rise in suicide ? Witchcraft? defiant children?
    And being that he is a bodyguard he is putting himself at risk for any body that he protects!
    Busta didn't kill him and he can't very well take control of others while he is trying to be an artist as well.
    Why is hip-hop and rap so black and evil and heavy metal and rock are so white and harmless?

3. ibrahim

ibrahim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ghana
    Student
    Ratings:
    +122

Yea...what about that.?
    :great: :great:

4. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    and what about the continued parroting of this stuff? ok, yeah, sure; it ain't good. but, [email protected]!!, as long as "we" are right there following in along behind the "media massa", jumping on our own with as much fervored rabidity as those sick fscks, "we" ain't going nowhere but right where we are!! so just kwicherb1tchin and learn to love where "we" are!!

"publicly and negatively critizing our own" ... all the time, every place, in entirely too many threads .... <shudder>

5. brother Malik

brother Malik Well-Known Member MEMBER

Data Analyst (software)
    Ratings:
    +5
    good post Brother Pan

Because of the extraordinary popularity of rap, the constant violent lyrics, the non-stop gang references, the persistent boasting of who they kilt, how much drugs they sold, ad infinitum, it is no surprise that when someone is again murdered at another gathering of rappers, that the media will report it. To expect the media not to report a story like this is like thinking you could walk down the street buck nekked and nobody is supposed to look.
    Honestly, I really could care less about white kids and what they do at rave parties. The young sisters and brothers I see in the hood aint goin to raves or taking X. They are gangbanging, selling drugs on corners and killing each other in circumstances that mimic what they hear rappers talk about. Witchcraft and heavy metal aint causing the maddness I see happening in my neighborhood.

Over the years I have seen many stories of the drug use and insanity of rock stars. It's not like it went unnoticed. But I never saw Led Zepplin try to kill the Rolling Stones. I never saw Nirvana or their friends try to shoot Pearl Jam or their friends. Plus, I'm Black so I don't really care what they do if it doesn't impact us. Right now, in my neighborhood, there are young brothers who read about the shooting and are walking around with a gun in their pocket and the thought in their mind, about how "you gotta do what you gotta do". They didn't get that message from a rock and roll song. They got it from rap.

It aint good!! Thats the most you can say about this persistent insanity that our young people are exposed to?? And you're trying to assert that the reason that we aint goin nowhere is because of the media reports of the violence, completely disregarding the fact that the violence is by far more impactful on where we will go than the reporting of it. Then to insult either the writer of the article or the brother who posted by saying "kwicherb1tchin".

The imagery and lyrical content of most rap is so contrary to our best interests that if I didn't know better I would say the KKK must be the ones making this insanity. Rap does not just entertain, it also informs and instructs. It teaches. And it is aimed at young sisters and brothers at a time when they are truly in their formative years. Everything you eat, drink, watch or listen to becomes a part of you. Thats natural human psychology and biology. I just hate the fact that the rap industry has become that place where young Black people can be exposed to a never ending stream of ignorance that will become a part of them.

Malik

6. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38

I'm sorry malik I strongly disagree with you!
    Let me ask you this,
    When was the last time you saw snoop dog fly a plane over here with the drugs our people sale? How do you suppose the drugs got here?
    Now while our people are getting arrested the gov is constantly getting paid.
    So if we never sold it, wouldn't it still be in the communities?
    Now the media will broadcast mookie on cops for selling dope but they won't broadcast bush and columbia exchanging money and drug poison!

Oh and malik many blacks go to rave parties, I have attented a few myself ,
    we don't all just like rap and r&b when we're younger!
    Also one very valid point I should make, if your guidance and morals don't start from home first, then you will be lost regardless of your surroundings!
    Rap music does not promote violence,people do!
    I like the song gangster b*iatch but I aint never been in a gang rolling with tha homies!
    As far as rock and heavy metal, baby they kill one another but the media aint gonna show you that, makes white folk look bad!
    Kids who have real parents that are their to raise them and teach them appropiately, no music can detour them from that!
    If a person shoots someone because they just heard some drive by lyrics from a rap song, the problem didn't start with the rap music, it started at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart:

7. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    yeah; "kwicherb1tchin". if "you" weren't off to that job everyday, if "you" didn't buy the media, if "your" head were filled with stuff besides/in addition to "team stats", "you" might be doing a better job of "explaining" that barrage of media-crap that that "earliest babysitter" (media) thows at everybody. and if "you" weren't all locked up in this "money" thing (this planet created everything [as it was "designed" to do] without the need for "money" for lots and lots of 100s of millions of years. heck, it even managed to create humans ... which it will probably continue to want to regret ... ), perhaps "you'd" be there to teach those larval humans (an interesting point: the brain inside that child/fetus is the same brain that is inside that ceo/senior citizen. it is supposed to have grown and developed, but if it ain't nurtured, early on, with more than what is coming out of that "boob tube babysitter" it prolly will have less chance of developing rational responses to the bs.) how to distinguish between "reality tv" and "media news" and "commercials" and the rest of the propaganda. (DISCLAIMOR: that is a generic "you"; it is not intended to be directed at any one specific person or group, except insofar as said persons or groups are at all "responsible" for the part played in the foregoing by said persons or groups.)

well, now; if there had been other options, those youngsters might have grown up to do/be something else. given that, since alternative options are NOT there, then it is not intended that the "domineering culture/society" has any intention of presenting alternatives. therefore, it would be on the community to which our youngsters belong (us!) to insure that such alternative options are available.

couple that with this corporate/capitalism mess ("get mines before you gets yours", "dog eat dog world", "business is murder", "corporate raiding", "hostile takeovers", "do unto others before they do unto you", "he that has the gold rules", ...), that is also pumped out by that "boob tube babysitter", and that the epitome of "success" (in this Life-disaffirming, dis-humane, mess) is all that "flash flash bling bling glitter", where the heck else they gonna go? how are they gonna come to any other conclusions when all they see is "you" dis'n them for playing the cards that they've been dealt?!!

the kkk is behind it! they've infested every aspect of this society at very high management levels ... or hasn't anyone else noticed this? because of their influence on what sells, ain't noboby gonna be puttin a lot of energy into stuff that won't sell. and since it has always been their design to keep us from pulling together and getting anywhere, what better way than to sow dis-unity in the comm-unity by breaking our ability to communicate between families, sexes, communities. and what message is sent to our youth by our "responses" to our youth successfully "making the big bucks"?!! isn't that the measure of success that "you" are striving for? STOP BLAMING THE RAPPERS!

when the teacher says "you don't have to do all that homework", and sends a note home saying "this is too much homework", it does two things: 1) directly threatens the "authority" of the parent, and 2) instills a "standard of just getting by".

until "you" come up with decent, respectable alternative options for them to choose from, yeah: "kwicherb1tchin" ...

8. brother Malik

brother Malik Well-Known Member MEMBER

Data Analyst (software)
    Ratings:
    +5
    I do have a decent, respectable alternative for any young person who wants to take advantage of it. ME!! I am a walking example of responsible Black manhood and I doubt you can prove otherwise. Any young sister or brother who wants to get some ideas for how to find alternatives to exposing themselves to the psychological poisoning that is rap, just ask me. I got you. For instance, let me suggest a good book to read. You may have read this already but if not, read Randall Robinson's, "The Debt". It is really good. A great alternative to that poison called rap.

Other options are there. The older (and some younger) sisters and brothers on this site are the very community you refer to. They have lots of knowledge. But when we pass some on to you, we get told to "kwicherb1tchin". When I was young I was taught to respect the knowledge of those older than I. I admit I didn't respect it enough until I got older. Life punished my *** into remembering what I was told, and finally starting to act like I had some sense.

I'm not locked up in a money thing. People who have money don't get locked up in any money things. But Bill Gate's money couldn't but me what I really want. What I really want don't cost money, but it does have a price.

Dope dealers make big bucks too. That don't make it right. And my resonse to selling dope would be the same
    The measure of success I am striving for is taking part in the effort to grow the self-suffciency and self-love of Black people all over the world.

But I'm kinda gettin off the point of the thread. And I like to stay on point.

And cursed heart I have respect for your opinion. I still don't agree, but it's cool, I see where you're coming from.

Malik

9. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    given the nature of the educational experience, it might not always be as useful to be handed a book; how about more youth programs ... with offerings other than sports? perhaps apprenticeship programs?

i tried very hard to make that "you" as general as possible because i realise that not everybody follows that particular philosophy to the same extent that others do. but given that it exists, it must have some weight that must be dealt with.

beggin your pardon, but, yeah;
    i got that same early schooling - we are of the same generation, actually; i've got you by 11 days shy of four years. if i hadn't begun to show my willingness to learn that "respect for elders" lesson quite early, i might not have been afforded an opportunity to learn it later in life! well, that may be hyperbole, but sometimes it sure didn't feel like it!!

you're right; back to the topic.

10. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

I think you are missing the point of this article. Before I explain let me say military personal do have trust funds, college funds, life insurance, vocational education and state and government scholarships that apply not only to them and their families if they are killed in action but also while they are alive and in some case while in active service. So you can't use that against the Media. Also in all fairness 60 minutes did an article about how soldiers in Iraq were sent into combat without the necessary armament for the vehicles soldiers are using to patrol the streets with. Many of them have to create make shift armor plating out of whatever is available in order to be protected...That was the Media pointing the finger at our government. Question: why do rappers like Busta Rhyme or 50 cent or Nelly need entourages and bodyguards but R&B singers like Brian McKnight or Musiq Soul child or Jill Scott can get by with minimal security? I'll tell you why. Because of the image they are projecting by their music. Many of these rappers were either into illegal activity or are getting involved with illegal activity. This is all to gain street credibility that will cement their image. Hip Hop is not what we have now. What we have now is lyrical barbarism where the line between art and life is so blurry that it's almost invisible. And we think that's OK? This article is about the greedy, selfish nature of these rappers. These rappers make millions yet won't hire a legitimate security agencies that are professionally trained and equipped to handle security issues properly. What they do is hire some poor guy that thinks he can make a living as a tough guy. Many of these guys fore go a job with life insurance, health insurance and retirement plans so they can reap the benefits from taking advantage of thousands of groupies willing to do anything to see these rappers. This translates into sleeping with the bodyguards and entourage. Rappers know this goes on but instead of doing the smart thing or the right thing they would rather capitalize off the situation by being protected by essentially a scapegoat for cheap hire. This makes them more capitalistic then the most capitalistic capitalists. Yet these are the people we admire. We don't care about raves and head banger balls because that does not affect us nor is it what we are about. The media has been fighting the battle with Rock and Roll for over 50 years...Bottom line is we can't talk about clean up someone else's house until we clean up ours. What these rappers promote is one of the filthiest parts of our house...

300 not 3000