Black People : Bush's Erratic Behavior Worries White House Aides

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by HODEE, Jun 4, 2004.

1. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
  2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,864
    Brother HODEE, this is interesting reading material and it just goes to show us even more how Black people need to seriously be getting our acts together and focus on a way to survive the current teetering administration in Washington because the big house is about to fall.

Bush--the man is an alcoholic for crying out loud, he can barely stay on his feet half the time. Alcohol abuse damages brain cells and this man sits in the highest chair in this country? Here's a man who gives "religion" a bad name. He probably learned about the Bible and how God is described in it, during his AA meetings and now he's a fanatic. He's probably suffering from acute schizophrenia and hearing voices too. He has difficulty reading (even a television prompt) and can't pronounce words more than four letters long. Yet he successfully managed to get put in a position where he has the ability to put his finger on a red button and push it anytime he wants to and destroy nations of people.

He, his family and his political party have plunged this country into a pit of destruction caused by greed and arrogance and "we" will pay a very heavy price for that. I believe in the laws of the universe and the principle of what goes around, comes around. What this country has done to others will happen to it, it's all a matter of time. But what concerns me more than anything is when I ask what part of that heavy price will Black Americans also be called upon to pay for sitting by knowing this is going on and not doing much of anything to stop it or at least voice our disagreement and show that we are unwilling to kill or die for nothing more than a sense of greed and overactive need for power.

Where does this negative and sick energy come from and why is it so pervasive in this country? Did it get its roots during the slave trade or was it there in some people even before then? How do you fight against this type of 'evil'?

Queenie :spinstar:

3. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Great topic Hodee...

I totally agree with you Queenie. This evil has been around for as long as Caucasians have been around. This evil is the root of racism and White Supremacy ideology. Pure, unadulterated evil. You can see it from the fact that they relate God to whatever they do. Bush's ancestors thought the same way too. That's how slavery was idealized and constructed. Think about it. They used the bible and said that what they were doing was the will of God. They even got the Pope's blessing on slavery. Come on. We're just able to see behind the scenes and how all this evil comes about.

4. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +795
    Punch Drunk, and had nothing to drink!

Great points Queen

Blacks have been loyal and supportive of this nation as early as the Revolutionary war of the 1776. They allowed freemen, with valid certificates of freedom to participate. Human nature is to belong. Participate and become accepted in the circles and society you’re living within. So from day one this has been a desire and goal of African Americans.

Queen you asked:

“ Where does this negative and sick energy come from and why is it so pervasive in this country? Did it get its roots during the slave trade or was it there in some people even before then? How do you fight against this type of 'evil'? “

Below may be the answer or the beginning of understanding the need to elevate ourselves to a better level. It talks about not freedom or wealth giving us what we need to rise. It speaks of morals being the freedom from our sorted beginnings.
    ========
    http://docsouth.unc.edu/beardj/beard.html#ill8

“ Black Americans have sunk in that mental stagnation and moral depravity of which slavery is commonly the parent.

What other than a Negro hand could it be expected that the blow should be struck which would show to the world that Africans could not only enjoy but gain personal and social freedom? Freedom achieved all in moral excellence and righteousness, a black man esteemed for the purity and complete and confirmed character, and who is not devoid of knowledge. Qualities which in kind are common to the African race. “

“ Liberty is everyone's own property. There are three kinds of liberty--natural liberty, civil liberty, political liberty; that is to say, the liberty of the man, the liberty of the citizen, and the liberty of the community.
    Natural liberty is the right, which nature has given to every one to dispose of himself according. To his own will. Civil liberty is the right which society ought to guarantee to every citizen to do all that is not contrary to the laws. Political liberty is the condition of a people which has not alienated its own sovereignty, and which makes its own laws, or which is in part associated in its legislation. “

"The first of these liberties is, next to reason, the distinctive characteristic of man. We subdue and enchain the brute, because it has no notion of justice or injustice--no idea of greatness and degradation. It is only the free man who can say, I will, or, I will not; and who can, consequently, be worthy of praise and blame.

Without liberty, or the possession of one's own body and the enjoyment of one's own mind, there is neither husband, father, relation nor friend; we have no country, no fellow-citizen, no God.

The slave, an instrument in the hands of wickedness, is below the dog which the Spaniard let loose against the American; for conscience, which the dog lacks, remains with the man. He who basely resigns his liberty, devotes himself to remorse and to the greatest misery that a sensible and thinking creature can experience.

If there is no power under heaven that can change our organization, and convert us into brutes, then there is none that can dispose of our liberty. God is our Father and not our master. I am his child, not his slave. How, then, could we be made to conform or agree to political power that we refuse to Divine omnipotence?

"These are immovable and eternal truths--the foundation of all morality, the basis of all government should be contested? If there existed a religion which tolerated, which authorized, if only by its silence, horrors like these; if, occupied with idle or contentious questions, it did not ceaselessly thunder against the authors or the instruments of this tyranny; if it made it a crime for the slave to break his chains; if it suffered in its bosom the unjust judge who condemned the slave to death;--if this religion existed, would it not be necessary that its altars should be broken down and left in ruins?

Who are you who will dare to justify crimes against my independence, on the ground that you are the stronger? What! he who makes me a slave not guilty? He makes use of his rights? What, then, are those rights? Who has given them a character sacred enough to put my rights to silence? We hold from nature the right of self-defense; she has not given you the right to attack me. If you think yourself authorized to oppress me because you are stronger and more alert than I, do not complain when, after my hand becomes vigorous, it shall plant a dagger in your heart; do not complain when you shall feel in your veins that death which I shall have mingled with your food. Now I am the stronger and the more alert, it is your turn to be the victim; expiate the crime of having been an oppressor.

But, it is said, slavery has been generally established in all countries and in all ages.' True;--but what consequence is it what other nations have done in other ages? Ought the appeal to be to customs or to conscience? Is it interest, blindness, barbarity, or reason and justice, that we ought to listen to? If the universality of a practice proved its innocence, the apology of usurpations, conquests, and oppression of all kinds would irrefutably be completed.

But the ancients, you say, 'thought themselves masters of the lives of their slaves; we, having become more humane, dispose only of their liberty and their labor. It is true, the progress of knowledge has on this important point given light to modern legislators. All codes, without an exception, have taken precautions to guard the life of even the man who pines away in servitude. They have put his existence under the protection of the magistrate.

But has this, the most sacred of social institutions, ever had its due force? Is not America peopled with colonists who, usurping sovereign rights, inflict death on the unfortunate victims of their avarice? But suppose the law observed, would the slave materially gain thereby? Does not the master who employs my strength, dispose of my life, which depends on the voluntary and moderate use of my faculties? What is existence for him who has no property in it? I cannot kill my slave, but I may cause his blood to flow drop by drop under the drivers whip; I may overwhelm him with labors, privations, and pains; I may on all sides attack and slowly undermine the resources of his life; I may stifle by slow punishments the wretched embryo that a negress bears in her womb. It might be said that the laws protect the slave against a speedy death, only to leave to my cruelty the right of killing him in the course of time. In truth, the right of slavery is the right to commit crimes of all kinds.

But the negroes are a sort of men born for slavery: they are of narrow minds, mischievous, deceitful; they themselves own the superiority of our intelligence, and almost recognize the justice of our dominion!'
    The negroes are of narrow minds because slavery destroys all the springs of the soul. They are mischievous,--not mischievous enough with you. They are deceitful, because they owe no fidelity to their tyrants. They acknowledge the superiority of our intelligence, because we have perpetuated their ignorance; the justice of our dominion, because we have abused their weakness.

In the impossibility of maintaining our superiority by force, a criminal policy has had recourse to guile. You have almost got so far as to persuade them that they are an exceptional race, born for subjection and dependence, for labor and punishment. You have neglected nothing to degrade those unhappy creatures, and you reproach them with being vile.

But these negroes were born slaves.'--Whom will you cause to believe that a man can be the property of a sovereign? A son the property of a father? A woman the property of a husband? A domestic the property of a master? A negro the property of a planter? The contempt with which you treat them falls back upon yourself.

You have no ground of self-respect but what is common to you with them. A common Father, an immortal soul, a future life--here is your true glory, and here is their glory.

But the government itself authorized the sale of slaves.'-- Whence this right? However absolute the magistrate, is he the proprietor of the subjects of his empire? Has he any other authority than such as he derives from the citizens? And can any nation give the privilege of disposing of its liberty?

But the slave sold himself of his own accord.'--If he belongs to himself, he has the right to dispose of himself. If he is master of his life, why should he not be master of his liberty? Man has not the right to sell himself, because he has not the right to accede to whatever an unjust, violent, and depraved master may exact from him.

He belongs to his first master--God, by whom he has never been emancipated.

He who sells himself enters into an illusory agreement with his purchaser; for thereby he loses all his value. At the moment when he receives the price and the money become the property of the buyer. The very act of selling yourself, vitiates the bargain. He who sells himself is a fool, not a slave.

But those slaves were taken in war, and but for us would have been slaughtered.'

But for you would there have been fighting? Are not the dissensions of those tribes your work? Did you not carry to them murderous arms? Did you not give them the blind desire to employ them? And why did you not allow the conqueror to use his victory as he pleased? Why become his accomplice?

But they were criminals condemned to death or slavery in their own country.' Are you, then, Africa's executioners. Besides, who were their judges? Do you not know that under a despotism there is only one criminal--the despot himself? The subject of a despot, like the slave, is in a condition contrary to nature. Whatever contributes to retain man in that condition, is a crime against his person. Every hand which binds man to the tyranny of a single person, is the hand of an enemy. Do you wish to know who are the authors and accomplices of this violence?

Those who are around it. The tyrant can do nothing by himself.

But they are happier in America than they were in Africa.' Why, then, do they continually sigh for their native land?
    Why do they resume their liberty as soon as they can? Why do they prefer deserts and the society of wild beasts, to a state which appears to you so agreeable? Why does their despair induce them to put an end to themselves, or to poison you? Why do their wives so often procure abortion? When you tell us of the happiness of your slaves, you lie to yourselves, and you deceive us. It is the height of extravagance to attempt to transform so barbarous an act into an act of humanity.

But in Europe as in America the people are slaves. The sole advantage which we have over the negroes is the power of breaking one chain to fall under another.' Too true. Most nations are oppressed. Scarcely is there a country in which a man can flatter himself with being master of his person, of disposing of his inheritance at his will, of enjoying peaceably the fruits of his industry.

But as morality and wise polity shall make progress, men will recover their rights. Why, in waiting for the happy day, should there be miserable races to whom you refuse even the consoling and honorable name of free men; from whom you snatch even the hope of obtaining it, notwithstanding the changeableness of events? No, whatever may be said, the condition of those unfortunate beings is not the same as ours.

The last argument employed to justify slavery says, that 'slavery is the only way of conducting the negroes to eternal blessedness by means of Christian baptism.'

Mild and loving Jesus! could you have foreseen that your benign maxims would be employed to justify so much horror?

If the Christian religion thus authorized avarice in governments, it would be necessary for ever to proscribe its dogmas. In order to overturn the edifice of slavery, to what tribunal shall we carry the cause of humanity? Kings, refuse the seal of your authority to the infamous traffic which converts men into beasts. But what do I say? Let us look somewhere else.

If self-interest alone prevails with nations and their masters, there is another power. Nature speaks in louder tones than philosophy or self-interest. Already are there established two colonies of fugitive negroes, whom treaties and power protect from assault. Those lightning’s announce the thunder. A courageous chief only is wanted.

Where is he? that great man whom Nature owes to her vexed, oppressed, and tormented children. Where is he? He will appear, doubt it not; he will come forth, and raise the sacred standard of liberty. This venerable signal will gather around him the companions of his misfortune. More impetuous than the torrents, they will everywhere leave the indelible traces of their just resentment.

Everywhere people will bless the name of the hero, who shall have re-established the rights of the human race; everywhere will they raise trophies in his honor."

===============
    White people have witnessed the grand march of civilization over this land, and to-day scarce a trace is left of the former presence of aborigines of the country.

Queen you asked:

" But what concerns me more than anything is when I ask what part of that heavy price will Black Americans also be called upon to pay for sitting by knowing this is going on and not doing much of anything to stop it or at least voice our disagreement and show that we are unwilling to kill or die for nothing more than a sense of greed and overactive need for power. "

Well one price we definitely continue to pay is our tax dollars instead of being used to build cities and neighborhoods of America. It’s held, rationed and given to the wealthy, citizens and countries of other immigrants. It’s stated above. " The slave sold himself of his own accord. " " The tyrant can do nothing by himself. "

Did you know that the influx of immigrants didn’t reach large portions until after the civil war? After we freed this nation again of its war burden, and we did. In 1861 the number coming in was 112,702. During the war the tide didn’t greatly increase. But after 1865 it grew rapidly. In 1868 the numbers were 326,000, in 1873 they were 460,000, and in 1879, a year of great prosperity, they were, 789,000.

Thanks Money, for your comment.

" We're just able to see behind the scenes and how all this evil comes about. "

We can see the line, and have peaked outside the curtain of this play. Now as Queen was leading to. It’s time now in the next few months to draw those curtains open, stand proudly on the world stage, and proclaim the show is over. New act. Second stanza or :wink: lights out.

I truly believe in peace. Of mind. “ By any means necessary”

5. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    That was a great article. That shows george w. bush (I can't even get myself to capitalize this man's name) is a maniac. Thanks Hodee. :grin:

6. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +795
    Didn't he use lot's of profanity? Man that guy has a potty mouth. I heard the vice president say those, words during the campaign. They were at a mic, about to speak, and didn't know it was on. Cheney leaned over to Bush and said. That reporter, ( can't recall his name ) but they refered him by name is a ( *** / **** ) . Words he repeated in the article.

Bush agreed, then they realized the mic was on, and got mad. They also were able to penalize the person that turned it on too. They have gotten away, with this so far and up to date because the media was giving them carte -blanche. After the 9-11 incident, they got all the special treatment, because it was said, by them and others that you were being un-american. Now the gates have opened, and his confusion has doubled. :cry: No one is being " nice anymore.. " is his new battle cry. His father recently said .. " leave my son alone "

Who recalls those two incidents?

7. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,864
    Bush is a "WYSIWYG"

Okay, since this is bash bush day...what's up with that silly smile (smirk) on his face all the time? My mother used to say that people that smile all the time aren't living in reality.

Brother HODEE, I vaguely recall the microphone incident because I think it made the news and when they ragged him about it, I don't think he even apologized for calling the guy that even when he was being advised that he probably should.

I knew during his first campaign for the presidency that he wasn't too bright when during one of the debates with Gore they were asked a question about capital punishment and he looked dead in the cameras with a gleam in his eye and a broad grin on his face and answered, we kill people in Texas. If you commit a crime in Texas, you will be punished severely. Then he smiled. It was as though he enjoyed the fact that Texas was a capital punishment state and he had the power to kill legally.

Queenie :spinstar:

P.S. WYSIWYG = what you see is what you get

8. Remby

Remby Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +37
    Queenie why don't you tell us how you REALLY fill sister, don't hold back :wave: :lol:

Remby

9. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    great article Hodee thanks for sharing it!!!!

Queenie..QQ...sis you on a roll aint ya....:lol:

10. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Lord knows we don't need 4 more years of this man....a 2nd Bush term might bring WWIII! Let's see we have had 8 years of a President with Alzheimers & 4 years of a mentally challenged drunk....the American people sure know how to pick leaders.