Pan Africanism : Bush meets the real Bush in Africa.

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by mkhaya lo', Jul 5, 2003.

1. mkhaya lo'

mkhaya lo' Well-Known Member MEMBER

Journalist
    Rand Park Ridge, Johannesburg, South Africa.
    Ratings:
    +6
    Guess what? your president George W. Bush is coming to South Africa.

I'm looking forward to the response that the people are going to have to his visit.

I know for a fact that there are widespread protest marches that have already taken place in front of the American Embassy and Consulate. people are angry at him for going to war against Iraq, but I get a sense that there's also a much deeper anger from people about other injustices of the past which America has been involved in.

I know the Anti-war coalition ( a lobby group that was strongly agaisnt the war in Iraq) is organising more marches this coming week so its going to be interesting. The anti-privatisation forum is also going to be doing something so I suppose it will be quite an eventful week.

But i was reflecting the other day, if I were to meet Bush, what would I say to him? As an african, as Black African woman, what would I say to him?

I would talk to him about so many things including wanting to know his stand on racism in America that continues to persist long after the banners have been put down. I would ask him about the gentrification of black urban inner cities and the processes going on there.... i would ask him why he didnt allow Colin Powell to attend the Racism conference in Durban in 2001, I would also ask him why the American delegation pulled out of the conference, yet there were so many Americans who came here to support it and tell of their stories.

I would ask him the logic behind throwing a bomb and a food parcel to children and innocent victims in Afghanistan and Iraq, I would ask him, if Iraq had no oil, would he have even bothered to find out where in the Map Iraq is? I would also ask him about the American economy and where he thinks its going.

Then I would ask him about the real reason why he's in South Africa. He says he loves Africans, but does he love the Africans born in America first? What does he want from us? can he honestly say that he's just here to consolidate bi-lateral relations between America and South Africa, to promote and encourage economic trade between the two? What does he think of little black South African kids who no longer speak Zulu,seSotho, Tswana, Xhosa, Venda, Ndebele, Tsonga, Siswati, Pedi or what ever their beautiful language of origin is because they have been westernised, particularly Americanised to a point of loosing their sense of language?

Indeed, I would even ask him, how in the good heavens do u choke on a pretzel?

Any thoughts on the matter? questions u would like to ask given a one-on-one session with him-where u could ask ANYTHING!

lo'

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,864
    [email protected] on a pretzel. Maybe he choked because his throat is all parched and swollen dry from all the lies he's told since being in office.

Sister mkhaya lo', no, I don't have any questions for Bush other than to know why he felt the need to put his arms around his wife while touring Africa and seeing two elephants mating in front of their jeep.

Great thread sis!
    Peace! :heart:

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    this will be very interesting as it unfold
    all the lies has caught up with him
    and surely many peoples don't want to see a war head !

4. mkhaya lo'

mkhaya lo' Well-Known Member MEMBER

Journalist
    Rand Park Ridge, Johannesburg, South Africa.
    Ratings:
    +6
    it continues to puzzle me, though i rather it didnt consume me...