Black People Politics : Bush convicted of war crimes

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by thePreacher, Jun 22, 2013.

1. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    The title of this thread is not a typo. George W. Bush has, legally, being convicted of war crimes --- in a Malaysian court. America and Americans, of course, routinely ignore the laws of other countries. But, nevertheless, there are serious consequences of this upon which I will expound:

First, a little history. Prior to Obama winning the 2008 election, he campaigned with a promise to instruct his Attorney General to "immediately review" evidence of torture because, and I am quoting what he said, "no one is above the law". Nevertheless, immediately after winning the election, before he took the oath of office, Obama reversed himself and announced he would not investigate criminal acts of torture by the Bush administration because, again his words, "we need to look forward not backwards":

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentis...justice-department-immunity-bush-cia-torturer

But there is more to the story. Essentially all countries are bound by the Geneva Convention treaties. And, those treaties _require_ signatories to investigate, and prosecute if the investigation warrants, war criminals. All the countries in green are legal bound by the Geneva Convention:

[​IMG]
    And the evidence, of course, is overwhelming that the Bush administration did, indeed, engage in torture, which is a violation of the Geneva Convention. I know the Bush administration says otherwise. And I know Obama has decided to just ignore what happened and hope it goes away.

But one of the great things about the Geneva Convention is that other countries can protest to the Hague Criminal Court if the home country of war criminals refuses to investigate their war criminals.

Which is were it starts getting a bit sticky for Obama. Because, according to the Geneva Convention, Obama is now also a criminal because of his decision not to investigate Bush for war crimes. I know Bush and Obama both deny this. But one of the beauties of the Geneva Convention is that it grants any signatory the right to appeal to the Hague Criminal Court if a war criminal's country refuses to prosecute war criminals.

And, note, Malaysia has appealed to the Hague criminal court regarding Obama's refusal to honor their court's ruling that Bush is a war criminal. Fortunately for Obama, the nations of our world have signed an agreement which grants immunity to sitting heads of state. So, at least until 2016, Obama is cool.

But, still, even now, even a few European allies are starting to object to what Bush did and what Obama is doing. Spain, as one example:

http://ccrjustice.org/newsroom/pres...-won’t-investigate-bush-lawyers’-role-torture

And, if you think I have ever been too hard on Obama, check out this anti-Obama rant from an Irish lawmakers:

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    :11100:um, you left out the insults…..

3. thePreacher

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    I trying to, temporarily, honor you request to focus on bad mouthing White Folks. Obama? Well, to the extent that people think he is Black, he is not going to be off my radar. But I will at least stop calling him a lying sack of ... well, you know.

4. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    :10500: you treated bush respectfully while calling obama names…..why?

5. thePreacher

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    <me pausing to take a deep breath> ...

Half of what I wrote was about Bush being a war criminal. The other half was about Obama violating the Geneva Convention treaties by refusing to investigate Bush for war crimes. In what parallel universe does that add up to me treating Bush respectfully?

The worst aspect of all this is that you have been reading my posts for years, dating back to our olde AfroChat days. You know, more so than anyone else here on Destee, what my opinion of Boy Bush is.

6. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    :10500: did i miss the part where you called bush a lying sack of excrement?

7. thePreacher

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    What you missed, in my last post, was me pointing out that calling Bush a war criminal is not a complement. Something is seriously wrong with anyone's value system who thinks war criminals are nicer guys than lying sacks of .. well, ya know.

True story.

Earlier today, I was climbing the stairs to my apartment at the slow speed that I have to now. While I stopped to catch my breath, two of my neighbors passed me --- a White guy and a Black guy. I said hi to both. After the white guy got out of hearing range, the Black guy told me that the white guy was a serious redneck. I told him I had already figured that out.

He then started talking about how the white guy was a Republican who hated Obama. I told him that I was no fan of Obama either.

He then started talking about what a great job he thought Obama was doing. So I told him I disagreed and I asked him what he thought of how Obama had treated Snowden.

He had no idea who Snowden was.

Then I asked him what he thought of how Obama had treated Manning.

He didn't know who Manning was either.

That little story is indicative of my current relationship with Americans, both White and Black. I criticize White Americans who supported Bush [there are a lot of them here in the Florida panhandle]. And I also criticize Black Americans who support Obama [most Black Americans do and are surprised when they find out I don't].

I find myself alienated from both White and Black Americans because their political convictions are so hopelessly misinformed. That is the root of my previous posts in which I referred to Black people who support Obama as poor, dumb, well, ya know.

That is not proof that I hate Blacks because I have the _exact_ same opinion of Whites [most] who supported Boy Bush in both 2000 and 2004.

Once you become politically informed enough to ignore what our Presidents say, and focus upon what they actually do, it immediately becomes clear that they are all lying sacks of excrement regardless of which of the two major parties to which they belong.

Again, I stress, the current ire with which so many here are offended by what I say about Obama and his supporters is rooted, not in me being a jerk, but in their own misinformed political illusions about What Is Truth.

8. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    me to. it's a lonely existence….

9. thePreacher

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    I still got your back, Elder. I disagree with everybody sooner or later because, well, I am sorta into my cranky years. Maybe you noticed?

Nevertheless, WTSHTF, we are going to end up fighting on the same team.