Black Children : Burning Up...

HoneyBrown05

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 29, 2004
My daddy is always treating me like I'm nothing to him like I am nobody. I don't understand him he has always been a better father to his step-kids then he has been to me. He has even said so himself. I am the one that always go without. His wife never did like me and when my dad would do something for me she would complain. So to keep her mouth shut he would neglect me in every possible way to keep peace. I don't ask him for nothing and when I use to I didn't ask for much because he always made it seem like he didn't have it. But he somehow is able to provide for his wife and her three kids and they always have the best of things. I just don't get it? I know that now I am eighteen and can provide for myself but I am in college and I can't do everything. My momma does the best she can and she always come through for me and she's struggling but there are two incomes coming in his household and he is always complaining. Well my step-mother got exactly what she wanted but I know I'll be the one to come out on top!

Awww!:cry: Honeybrown!

Its too bad that we can't just blink our eyes and make people do what we need most. :whip: Life just isn't like that.

I'll tell you this though, if you take that hurt and dedicate it to something positive, it won't hurt as much. Just know that his mistakes are not yours and when you choose a companion to marry, be sure that he is going to be the kind of father that will be responsible and supportive to your children.

Much love to you Lil Sis! I feel your pain!:uhh: :grouphug:

HoneyBrown05 said:
My daddy is always treating me like I'm nothing to him like I am nobody. I don't understand him he has always been a better father to his step-kids then he has been to me. He has even said so himself. I am the one that always go without. His wife never did like me and when my dad would do something for me she would complain. So to keep her mouth shut he would neglect me in every possible way to keep peace. I don't ask him for nothing and when I use to I didn't ask for much because he always made it seem like he didn't have it. But he somehow is able to provide for his wife and her three kids and they always have the best of things. I just don't get it? I know that now I am eighteen and can provide for myself but I am in college and I can't do everything. My momma does the best she can and she always come through for me and she's struggling but there are two incomes coming in his household and he is always complaining. Well my step-mother got exactly what she wanted but I know I'll be the one to come out on top!

Sweetheart,

Don't let this get you down, you ARE worthy of love that he is depraving you of. This is not your fault. Your father is being CONTROLLED. He may also harbor bitter feelings toward you, cuz you are a reminder of his relationship with your mother, that obviously soured. I went through the same thing. You cannot let this experience blind you to the possibilities of meeting a wonderful man in the future, since the two are interchangable. Your stepmother is playing tug'o'war over your father, and jealousy seems thick in the air. OUCH. Since you are of age, and assumedly out of the house, you may want to sit down and have a talk with stepmoms. Let her know that her grip on your father is robbing you of the opportunity to bond with him. She knows what's up, but let her know you 're hip to it. Parental support goes beyond "grown-n-gone". Good luck throughout your educational experience. Go ahead and get that education girl, the community needs your positivity:shades:

HoneyBrown05 said:
Thank you for your kindness. It hurts so much because I use to be a daddy's girl. He wasn't like this once upon a time and we were so close!

I know lil Sis! I can see how this is devasting you. Atleast mom is there for you to hold and love. Talk to mom about it, you may be suprised of how much she understands too.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back