Black People : Bullying

legit-writer

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 12, 2002
Bullies today are not what they were when I was in school. Usually when you left school, it stopped.. now they continue through text, Facebook and other social media sites .. NON STOP! These kids are publicly humiliated and made to feel like the world would be better off without them. Back then, walking away usually pretty much stopped it. Now there's no escaping someone who just wants to be mean.

Some folks say that kids who are being bullied should toughen up since it is not the parents job to be a friend to their child. Are you on that side of the fence, and if not, what is your take on it? If you ever been bullied, how did you stop it? How does it affect you today?

now they continue through text, Facebook and other social media sites .. NON STOP!

Back then, walking away usually pretty much stopped it. Now there's no escaping someone who just wants to be mean.

I thought there was. One can simply tell their child to get offline, go outside, pick up a book or something, and then, bullying ceases, no? But if one teaches their child that they have to surf and read all the mean comments made about them, all day long, then I guess there is no escaping it.:10500:

These kids are publicly humiliated and made to feel like the world would be better off without them.

Some folks say that kids who are being bullied should toughen up since it is not the parents job to be a friend to their child. Are you on that side of the fence, and if not, what is your take on it? If you ever been bullied, how did you stop it? How does it affect you today?

I do believe children just aren't as tough as they used to be, because many think killing themselves is the only way out of their situation, but it's the parent's job to make their child feel protected and like they do belong. However, it can be difficult to do this if the parent doesn't even know what's going on, so it's sort of on both the child and the parents to open up dialogue about stuff like this.

I remember when I was in grade school, before all this "cyber-bullying" stuff got popular, my daddy would ask, almost everyday, if any children were bullying me and my older brother, and taking our money. Though I was often annoyed having to answer "Noooooo." all the time, I do realize that he was making certain we were in a safe environment, and weren't being intimidated into silence about anything wrong going on. He'd say, "Y'all know y'all can tell me if someone is messing with y'all, if something is going on and they told y'all not to say nothing, yeah? Y'all ain't gotta feel embarrassed or nothing." And my brother and I found confidence in this, knowing if ever we were bullied, we could tell him without feeling ashamed. So like I said, it's on both child and parent, I believe; parents should look for it, and children shouldn't hide it.

My dad had experience being bullied, himself, but he confronted his bully and wanted to be there if we ever needed to confront one.

And I've not been particularly bullied, though I had been in fights; I, myself, did the bullying, but it soon stopped and I became friends with the guy I bullied.:)

It stopped when I finally picked up a large tree branch, and beat the snot out of him, though it was a different day & age. When I was growing up, a bully was one who just felt he was "bigger & badder" than everyone else. But once they were confronted, reality set in. Nowadays if their reality is challenged, brute force turns into gun violence.

It stopped when I finally picked up a large tree branch, and beat the snot out of him, though it was a different day & age. When I was growing up, a bully was one who just felt he was "bigger & badder" than everyone else. But once they were confronted, reality set in. Nowadays if their reality is challenged, brute force turns into gun violence.

Bullies will get the message when they realise that you aint afraid of them. They seek out timid children.
Bullies today are not what they were when I was in school. Usually when you left school, it stopped.. now they continue through text, Facebook and other social media sites .. NON STOP! These kids are publicly humiliated and made to feel like the world would be better off without them. Back then, walking away usually pretty much stopped it. Now there's no escaping someone who just wants to be mean.

Legit-writer,

I believe bullies look for children that they believe are quiet and timid. I told my son who has a 4 year old son in nursery school that you have to try to make children decent and law abiding, BUT don't allow that boy to be afraid. This child will fight to the death for what is his. His bag, anything that belongs to him, he does not take things from other children, so anyone trying to take his things have it coming. We must allow our children to be strong and not fearful. Bullies are cowards. The parents of these bullies need to instil moral guidance and direction to their children.
I have a son who teaches at a high school and the principal has a zero tolerance for that kind of behaviour he states in no uncertain terms that anyone who wants to be a bully will have to leave. He is in charge of his school and no one including bullies will disrupt it. I think when parents realise that principals are willing to take firm action bullying will be a thing of the past.

If this behaviour is not address these bullies become a problem in society, becoming more and more agressive. Allowing it to fester eventually the decent people will have to be put in jail for their own safety while the criminals will walk about.

These bullies need a good thrashing. The only problem is when they decide to use a weapon.. This behaviour must be nipped in the bud, and the parents have a serious role to play. Sometime ago a young student was bullied and he ran under a car. This was very tragic.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back