Omowale Jabali : BUILDING UNITY

omowalejabali said:
With all of the talk about Unity, and about "enemies" what do YOU have to show and prove concerning YOUR own achievement in the BLACK community? What institutions have you BUILT or are YOU in the process of BUILDING? How has YOUR "BUILDING" contributed to the Liberation of African people in YOUR Local Community and in the African Diaspora, at large?

i'll generally tackle the question... I humble myself to other members here who do far more than I do or have done. for the past three years I've done wrap it up parites.. over the last five years i've registered over 1100 people to vote... MYSELF!... I drive approx 50-75 people to the poles every year during elections... and shuttle approx 200-250 during presidential election years... i speak one a year during spring at five local high schools about sex/children and what not and once a year at a couple different places about rape.... i use radio to help empower my people through knowledge... i try to drop jewels as often as I can...and i make it my mission to try to employ as many diligent/capable black people as i can... i am apart of the mayor's task force against violence and his minority work incentive program... not just apart... i am pretty active..... not to mention i am in the big sister program...

and more important than all of that i'm raising a future king and queen to embody and exude the qualities and traits i think my people need to survive...

it's not much however... i do what i can..... since i'm moving within a month... i will have to start over again with most of these things... or start fresh on something else...

IfUComeSoftly said:
i'll generally tackle the question... I humble myself to other members here who do far more than I do or have done. for the past three years I've done wrap it up parites.. over the last five years i've registered over 1100 people to vote... MYSELF!... I drive approx 50-75 people to the poles every year during elections... and shuttle approx 200-250 during presidential election years... i speak one a year during spring at five local high schools about sex/children and what not and once a year at a couple different places about rape.... i use radio to help empower my people through knowledge... i try to drop jewels as often as I can...and i make it my mission to try to employ as many diligent/capable black people as i can... i am apart of the mayor's task force against violence and his minority work incentive program... not just apart... i am pretty active..... not to mention i am in the big sister program...

and more important than all of that i'm raising a future king and queen to embody and exude the qualities and traits i think my people need to survive...

it's not much however... i do what i can..... since i'm moving within a month... i will have to start over again with most of these things... or start fresh on something else...

Thank you Sister If UComeSoftly!

"it's not much however...i do what i can"....what may not be much to you is obviously a lot more than those who just TALK about unity but only have TALK to show for it...so i applaud you for your dedication and VOLUNTEER work!
:great:

Now let me ask....was your voter registration work with a particular BLACK organization or agency within the BLACK community? if so can you provide me with a LINK to the organization or a contact address/email?

peace!

I've allowed myself to get involved in the community in many things that helps
bring unity , myself and a few brothers in the hood has formed together to get
our youth off the streets with a center for after school programs , we beat the
streets talking to the teens /cleaning the corners up starting a baseball camp

I have involvement with helping the homeless / the elderly in nursing homes
working with voters and a few other small community things , this has brought
many of the men together and now we have a bowling night to spend to ourselves.

But i still have somethings in the makings and working on it to help people in need
of food / utilities payment all this in a working format and proposal.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back