Omowale Jabali : BUILDING UNITY

Discussion in 'Omowale Jabali' started by Omowale Jabali, May 26, 2006.

1. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I deleted the original post out of frustration. In retrospect, I am more disappointed than I was when first posting this thread. Black people are full of talk and no action.

Except for attacking each other on petty issues. We are very good at that. In fact, I would say we invented the words "genocide" and "fracticide". This goes back to the Legend of Osiris and Set. Brother against Brother. Millions of years later, no change. And we are continuously crying about white supremacy.

We only give lip service to the concept of Black Unity. And this is why it remains a concept. African Union. Simply a catch-phrase.

And the people who do the most talking are the first ones to accuse others of doing nothing. While all they do is argue, debate and engage in ideological posturing. Pontificating. Leading Black people no where except into the Abyss.

This is more than confusion.

This is "madness".

2. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
  3. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    32 views and no response...

:book:

4. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    I am standing on the shoulders of giants so I have alot to prove and do.

I am in the process of obtaining the resources needed to create institutions that can help unify us. I must take this a step at a time,though not forgetting to plan. However there are so many things that need to be solved and adressed within our world community I am a bit confused as to where to start.

?
    On an individual basis I have loaned books (by J.H. Clarke,and others) to some of my fellow brethren that claimed that they normally would not have read them, but when I am done with my institution building I will let you know.

5. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

50 views and the 1st "non-Omowale" response. Thanks for taking the time to do so and more Power to you brother I-Khan as you seek to BUILD!

peace!

6. IfUComeSoftly

IfUComeSoftly Well-Known Member MEMBER

PD for a Non Profit
    Ratings:
    +12

i'll generally tackle the question... I humble myself to other members here who do far more than I do or have done. for the past three years I've done wrap it up parites.. over the last five years i've registered over 1100 people to vote... MYSELF!... I drive approx 50-75 people to the poles every year during elections... and shuttle approx 200-250 during presidential election years... i speak one a year during spring at five local high schools about sex/children and what not and once a year at a couple different places about rape.... i use radio to help empower my people through knowledge... i try to drop jewels as often as I can...and i make it my mission to try to employ as many diligent/capable black people as i can... i am apart of the mayor's task force against violence and his minority work incentive program... not just apart... i am pretty active..... not to mention i am in the big sister program...

and more important than all of that i'm raising a future king and queen to embody and exude the qualities and traits i think my people need to survive...

it's not much however... i do what i can..... since i'm moving within a month... i will have to start over again with most of these things... or start fresh on something else...

7. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Thank you Sister If UComeSoftly!

"it's not much however...i do what i can"....what may not be much to you is obviously a lot more than those who just TALK about unity but only have TALK to show for it...so i applaud you for your dedication and VOLUNTEER work!
    :great:

Now let me ask....was your voter registration work with a particular BLACK organization or agency within the BLACK community? if so can you provide me with a LINK to the organization or a contact address/email?

peace!

8. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
  9. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
  10. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    I've allowed myself to get involved in the community in many things that helps
    bring unity , myself and a few brothers in the hood has formed together to get
    our youth off the streets with a center for after school programs , we beat the
    streets talking to the teens /cleaning the corners up starting a baseball camp

I have involvement with helping the homeless / the elderly in nursing homes
    working with voters and a few other small community things , this has brought
    many of the men together and now we have a bowling night to spend to ourselves.

But i still have somethings in the makings and working on it to help people in need
    of food / utilities payment all this in a working format and proposal.