Omowale Jabali : BUILDING UNITY

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
21,130
9,465
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
I deleted the original post out of frustration. In retrospect, I am more disappointed than I was when first posting this thread. Black people are full of talk and no action.

Except for attacking each other on petty issues. We are very good at that. In fact, I would say we invented the words "genocide" and "fracticide". This goes back to the Legend of Osiris and Set. Brother against Brother. Millions of years later, no change. And we are continuously crying about white supremacy.

We only give lip service to the concept of Black Unity. And this is why it remains a concept. African Union. Simply a catch-phrase.

And the people who do the most talking are the first ones to accuse others of doing nothing. While all they do is argue, debate and engage in ideological posturing. Pontificating. Leading Black people no where except into the Abyss.

This is more than confusion.

This is "madness".
 

I-khan

Well-Known Member
MEMBER
Dec 27, 2005
1,344
46
With all of the talk about Unity, and about "enemies" what do YOU have to show and prove concerning YOUR own achievement in the BLACK community?
I am standing on the shoulders of giants so I have alot to prove and do.



What institutions have you BUILT or are YOU in the process of BUILDING?
I am in the process of obtaining the resources needed to create institutions that can help unify us. I must take this a step at a time,though not forgetting to plan. However there are so many things that need to be solved and adressed within our world community I am a bit confused as to where to start.



How has YOUR "BUILDING" contributed to the Liberation of African people in YOUR Local Community and in the African Diaspora, at large
?
On an individual basis I have loaned books (by J.H. Clarke,and others) to some of my fellow brethren that claimed that they normally would not have read them, but when I am done with my institution building I will let you know.
 

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
21,130
9,465
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
I-khan said:
I am standing on the shoulders of giants so I have alot to prove and do.




I am in the process of obtaining the resources needed to create institutions that can help unify us. I must take this a step at a time,though not forgetting to plan. However there are so many things that need to be solved and adressed within our world community I am a bit confused as to where to start.



?
On an individual basis I have loaned books (by J.H. Clarke,and others) to some of my fellow brethren that claimed that they normally would not have read them, but when I am done with my institution building I will let you know.

50 views and the 1st "non-Omowale" response. Thanks for taking the time to do so and more Power to you brother I-Khan as you seek to BUILD!

peace!
 

IfUComeSoftly

Well-Known Member
MEMBER
Jul 23, 2003
807
12
i'ma peach
Occupation
PD for a Non Profit
omowalejabali said:
With all of the talk about Unity, and about "enemies" what do YOU have to show and prove concerning YOUR own achievement in the BLACK community? What institutions have you BUILT or are YOU in the process of BUILDING? How has YOUR "BUILDING" contributed to the Liberation of African people in YOUR Local Community and in the African Diaspora, at large?

i'll generally tackle the question... I humble myself to other members here who do far more than I do or have done. for the past three years I've done wrap it up parites.. over the last five years i've registered over 1100 people to vote... MYSELF!... I drive approx 50-75 people to the poles every year during elections... and shuttle approx 200-250 during presidential election years... i speak one a year during spring at five local high schools about sex/children and what not and once a year at a couple different places about rape.... i use radio to help empower my people through knowledge... i try to drop jewels as often as I can...and i make it my mission to try to employ as many diligent/capable black people as i can... i am apart of the mayor's task force against violence and his minority work incentive program... not just apart... i am pretty active..... not to mention i am in the big sister program...

and more important than all of that i'm raising a future king and queen to embody and exude the qualities and traits i think my people need to survive...

it's not much however... i do what i can..... since i'm moving within a month... i will have to start over again with most of these things... or start fresh on something else...
 

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
21,130
9,465
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
IfUComeSoftly said:
i'll generally tackle the question... I humble myself to other members here who do far more than I do or have done. for the past three years I've done wrap it up parites.. over the last five years i've registered over 1100 people to vote... MYSELF!... I drive approx 50-75 people to the poles every year during elections... and shuttle approx 200-250 during presidential election years... i speak one a year during spring at five local high schools about sex/children and what not and once a year at a couple different places about rape.... i use radio to help empower my people through knowledge... i try to drop jewels as often as I can...and i make it my mission to try to employ as many diligent/capable black people as i can... i am apart of the mayor's task force against violence and his minority work incentive program... not just apart... i am pretty active..... not to mention i am in the big sister program...

and more important than all of that i'm raising a future king and queen to embody and exude the qualities and traits i think my people need to survive...

it's not much however... i do what i can..... since i'm moving within a month... i will have to start over again with most of these things... or start fresh on something else...

Thank you Sister If UComeSoftly!

"it's not much however...i do what i can"....what may not be much to you is obviously a lot more than those who just TALK about unity but only have TALK to show for it...so i applaud you for your dedication and VOLUNTEER work!
:great:

Now let me ask....was your voter registration work with a particular BLACK organization or agency within the BLACK community? if so can you provide me with a LINK to the organization or a contact address/email?

peace!
 

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
21,130
9,465
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
21,130
9,465
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
69,982
3,960
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
I've allowed myself to get involved in the community in many things that helps
bring unity , myself and a few brothers in the hood has formed together to get
our youth off the streets with a center for after school programs , we beat the
streets talking to the teens /cleaning the corners up starting a baseball camp

I have involvement with helping the homeless / the elderly in nursing homes
working with voters and a few other small community things , this has brought
many of the men together and now we have a bowling night to spend to ourselves.

But i still have somethings in the makings and working on it to help people in need
of food / utilities payment all this in a working format and proposal.
 

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Feeling good today fam...just been reading a couple of books. I think Dennis Kimbro's "Daily Motivations for African American Success" is one of the best motivational books on the market. This book has motivation for each day of the year on each page and all of these relate to your own Blackness. No matter what you're experiencing there's something in that book you could draw from. ✊
Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Top