Black Money Business Jobs : Build: Money pt 2, introduction to the planning phase

Discussion in 'Black Money Business Jobs' started by blazejay, Jun 16, 2012.

1. blazejay

blazejay Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    I have a question that might open a Pandora box.
    Now, I know there are a few successful black businesses, but why is it that other ethnic group can come here open a business with no red tape etc....?
    We have a idea, but they steal it and promote it as their own?
    We have to go through a lot of credit check, while other's don't have credit can quickly go through the process?
    A black businessmen/women are subject to scrutiny while everyone else just setup shop even in our neighborhood and communities.

You mean to tell me regardless of how good or useful my ideas are, I have to jump through a lot of hoops to even start a business?
    If not, where are the business mentors in our community?
    This is why we are stuck with being dependent on them for employment instead of us helping to teach others the importance of building their own businesses.

2. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Other ethnic groups don't just do traditional banking.
    They use their family and friend links to acquire funding to start businesses.

Other ethnic groups will more readily work together to start associations and businesses.

3. blazejay

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    O.k. I understand this part and get it.
    We can learn a lot from others, but we seem to freeze up.
    Hopefully by November I can get my start-up going because jobs are very scarce and no one is really hiring.

4. Shikamaru

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    I say study the practices, habits, cultures, and behaviors of other ethnic groups.
    We aren't them, so you adopt and change it to fit your needs.

I frequently state we have our own way of doing things. We have our own vibe and energy.

5. Lokman

Lokman Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +128
    Greetings blazejay... you raised a few questions and several points of interest that require more not less discourse. But since this is only a discussion forum... less will have to do for now.

First. There are protocols, practices, and procedures to which one should strictly adhere before publicly presenting their ideas in order to ensure adequate protection of their intellectual property.

Second. Twenty-seven million presentations will be made today. Millions will flat-out fail. Millions more could cure insomnia. But a rare few will succeed because they turn their passion into a compelling story and focus on what matters most: What's in it for the audience/investor(s). From opening gambits to equally impelling links... you have maybe 75 to 90 seconds to grab your audience by their minds and imaginations and never let go. Otherwise, chances of receiving the capital you need are slim to none and slim already left town.

Third. Think of money as "storage units of energy". As such, you're asking prospective investors to change storage facilities. In other words, you want them to transfer their storage units of energy into maybe an untested or unproven foreign storage facility i.e. your idea. So, if you're going to ask an investor to risk the temporary or permanent loss of their energy (capital)... you must make a compelling case ripe with powerful reasons why - yes? (Back to step two.)

Fourth. Raising Capital. Lokman could cut this cake a dozen ways a day till Sunday. But let me give you one small slice. Consider a Small Corporate Offering Registration (SCOR). Why? Because you can:

Raise up to $1 million annually... Sell shares to an unlimited number of non-accredited investors... Sell securities which can be freely traded on the secondary market... Have both officers and brokers sell your offering for you... Get OTC Market Makers to promote your stock and literally make a market for it... Get IPO underwriters to handle your offering and promote your stock on public stock exchanges... Or have investment bankers handle your offering and raise money for you. Etc.! Etc.! Etc.!

In brief, SCOR is basically a cross between a public and private placement offering. Which is why it also enjoys what many call: Registration by Exemption.

At your service,

Lokman

6. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    Blazejay,

Not a single one of your assertions is true. Every single sentence is urban legend. Tomorrow.. go down to the city offices and find out what it takes to open a business in your city. Organize your family and friends into a business unit. Start your company.. do your business. The only thing stopping you from doing that is information... knowledge.. and intention.
    Their are a bunch of reasons why you don't see more black businesses.. but the causes of that are the same causes for why you don't see more black families sticking together.. and why you don't see more black social, economic or political unity.. it's not because of red tape.. it's because of clipped wings.. and urban legends.

The real truth is.. business is hard work.. and most people.. not just black people.. most Americans period.. would rather collect a check based on time.. than face the risks and challenges of a operating their own business. It's a matter of Laziness.. yeah.. I said it.. pure laziness and the "F" word.. FEAR. When you run your own shop, you are under the gun every minute of every day.. you make it happen.. and when it doesn't happen it's your fault.. blaming someone else won't pay them bills. You gotta put your whole self into it and make it work. You won't have time to just hangout anymore.. you gotta build.. gotta work.. gotta think.. gotta perform... Who wants to be doing all of that? almost nobody. And the ones that do want to do that.. are doing it.

-peace.

7. Lokman

Lokman Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +128
    This is An APB On One Skuderjaymes: He was last seen @ Destee.com wielding a double-edged word blade that cuts to the quick - great stuff, my friend.

Everything Good to You & Yours,

Lokman

8. blazejay

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    Thanks for the insight, but don't business also require resources?
    If you do not have the necessary resources or access does that business fail before it really start?
    On top of that are we not required to be credit-worthy in order to secure loans and capital?

I understand that everything falls on me as an individual to run a business,but to start it we still have to write business plan and raise funds. Where as if I was a foreigner all I have to show is my degree and a messed-up financial situation and boom I can get resources with ease.
    I can get all kind's of grants and etc... for business in no time where as you and me we got to go through a long process and almost be interrogated and investigated just for a simple grant.

9. Shikamaru

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Not really. I've started several business on labor alone.

Nope, you start on a shoe string budget. You scale as you can.

Yes/no. Depends on who the creditor is.[/quote]

10. blazejay

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    Where I live it is not that simple.
    You have to fill-out this and that, have this and that, etc....etc....
    True, it is possible and simple, but where I am at it is a lot that you have to do and the way it is set-up is very discouraging for minorities to start a business.
    It is like they do not want a person of color to gain financial freedom.
    I live in the deep south where racism is still alive and well.
    I had a lot of Co-Worker's who had all their stuff together to get a business started just to go through a sea of discriminative actions and none of them stay with it because of this very fact.

Like you said, it's urban legend in some or a majority of states and city, but where I stay I do not see it.