Black Spirituality Religion : Buddha The African

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Nisa, May 6, 2005.

1. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Some European scholars have chronicled the truth, the origins of religion and culture and put it squarely in the lap of Africa as it should be. But, they are being systematically discredited along with African Scholars. Today we will look at the origin of the Buddha.

Originally it seems that title for a man or group of African men, from an ancient priesthood. Buddhism was established 500 years before Christianity in the so-called Middle East. Buddhist tenets included the 'Golden Rule'

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.."

Buddha was not a name but a title meaning Enlighten One, Blessed One, or to Become awake. Over the centuries there have been several chronicled Buddha's, Gautama, Sakayanumi, and Siddhartha.

The name Siddhartha according to Barbara Walker - Women's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets:

...Siddhartha - the last again, not a name but a title, "Rich in Yogic Power."

These enlightened ones were Africans as attested to by Sir Williams Jones, he called them Cu****es. These are excerpts from the book Anacalypsis by G. Higgins.

It was the opinion of Sir William Jones, that a great nation of Blacks* formerly possessed the dominion of Asia, and held the seat of empire at Sidon. These must have been the people called by Mr. Maurice Cu****es or Cuthites, described in Genesis; and the opinion that they were Blacks is corroborated by the translators of the Pentateuch, called the Seventy, constantly rendering the word Cush by Ethiopia. …

The religion of Buddha, of India, is well known to have been very ancient. In the most ancient temples scattered throughout Asia, where his worship is yet continued, he is found black as jet, with the flat face, thick lips, and curly hair of the Negro. Several statues of him may be met with the East-India Company. There are two exemplars of him brooding on the face of the deep, upon a coiled serpent. To what time are we to allot this Negro ? He will be proved to have been prior to Cristna. He must have been prior to or contemporaneous with the black empire, supposed by Sir William Jones to have flourished at Sidon.

The religion of this Negro God is found, by the ruins of his temples and other circumstances, to have been spread over an immense extent of country, even to the remotest parts of Britain, and to have been professed by devotees inconceivably numerous. …

Mr. Wilsford, in his treatise on Egypt and the Nile, in the Asiatic Researches, informs us, that many very ancient statues of the God Buddha in India have crisp, curly hair, with flat noses and thick lips; and adds,

"nor can it be reasonably doubted, that a race of Negroes formerly had power and pre-eminence in India."

In my Essay on The Celtic Druids, I have shown, that a great nation called Celtæ, of whom the Druids were the priests, spread themselves almost over the whole earth, and are to be traced in their rude gigantic monuments from India to the extremities of Britain. Who these can have been but the early individuals of the black nation of whom we have been treating I know not, and in this opinion I am not singular. - Godfrey Higgins.

The learned Maurice says,

"Cuthites, i. e. Celts, built the great temples in India and Britain, and excavated the caves of the former."

"And the learned Mathematician, Reuben Burrow, has no hesitation in pronouncing Stonehenge to be a temple of the black, curly-headed Buddha. [Anacalypsis, Godfrey Higgins - 1833]."

The concept of Buddha.

The word "Buddha" denotes not just a single religious teacher who lived in a particular epoch, but a type of person, of which there have been many instances in the course of cosmic time. (As an analogy, the term "American President" refers not just to one man, but to everyone who has ever held the office of the American presidency.) The Buddha Siddhartha, Gautama then, is simply one member in the spiritual lineage of Buddha's, which stretches back into the dim recesses of the past and forward into the distant horizons of the future.

Gautama did not claim any divine status for himself, nor did he assert that he was inspired by a god or gods. He claimed to be not a personal savior, but a teacher to guide those who choose to listen.

A Buddha is any human being who has fully awakened to the true nature of existence, whose insight has totally transformed him or her beyond birth, death, and subsequent rebirth, and who is enabled to help others achieve the same enlightenment.

According to Gerald Massey:

'It is certain that the Black Buddha of India was imaged in the 'Negro' type. In the Negro God, whether called Buddha or Sut-Nahsi [Nehesi] we have datum. They carry their color in the proof of their origin. The people who first fashioned and worshipped the divine image in the Negroid mold of humanity must, according to ALL knowledge of human nature, have been Negroes themselves. Fro blackness is not merely mystical, the features and hair of Buddha belonged to the Black Race and Nahsi [Nehesi] is the Negro name. Volume 1pp.18,218 - A Book of Beginnings.

According to Barbara Walker:

"The Buddha was said to have miraculously begotten by the Lord of Hosts and born to the Virgin Maya. [Maia, Marah, Mari, Maria

http://www.essaysbyekowa.com/Buddha the African.htm

2. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    I met a crazy mixed sista the other week who was a member of some funny Bhuddist cult and she spent 3 hours trying to convince me that Buddha was Jesus and actually had some funny name that I can't think of at the moment.

And she also said Buddha was an Egyptian (African).

I believe Buddha was a dark skinned man of Tamil/Dayus ancestry, but I doubt the man was "African".

3. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    My, this is a very respectful way to address someone else's faith. :rolleyes:

Why, pray-tell, if Buddhism a "cult"?

Can you reiterate PRECISELY what she stated?

Most Buddhists will tell you that Christ was A BUDDHA, not Buddha (SIDDHARTA GATAUMA).

CHEIKH ANTA DIOP, an archeologist also has evidence of this claim, even though I admit that it's inconclusive.

There you go, talking about things that you don't KNOW about again.

Where is your proof of SIDDHARTA's TAMIL ancestry?

Most Brahman priests make the claim that Buddha was Dravidian.

By the way, why do you think that both India and East Africa are called KUSH valleys?

4. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Sam

((shakes head and grins))

Man, you really need to get you "some".

Quick fast and in a hurry...

5. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    It's always interesting to watch people who are not intellectually inclined, bail out of discussions of an intellectual nature, opting to turn "sex talk".

Let me know when you're ready to use your higher mental functions (assuming you have any) to communicate here.

PEACE

6. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31
  7. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31
  8. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31
    http://www.rebeccawalker.com/article_2003_black-buddha.htm

Look at the statues at Angkor Wat or look at Bodhidharma, the founder of Zen Buddhism, who is depicted with a broad nose, thick lips, and curly hair. There are also some interesting murals in India's Ajanta caves depicting black people handing a lotus to a prince. Or look at Runoko Rashidi's book African Presence in Early Asia and read about black people in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Laos, and so on. I have personally met black people from Burma and I have a student who is currently living among the black people of south India. And that is just skipping the rock over the surface because we don't have a lot of archaeological information to discern the complete history of black people in Asia. The African diaspora in Asia has been mislabeled and African Americans continuity with the black Global diaspora has been broken as well. African-American's disconnection with the black people of the world is an injury resulting from slavery in America and in some way, western Dharma's exclusion of the black Asiatic experience in Buddhism has become conjoined with that continuum of injury.

9. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31
  10. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234

This is awesome info, NISA....I am quite aware of this community, and was even sending donations to them for a while a few years back.

PEACE