Black People : Brought tears to my eyes...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Astrologer4U, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    Has anyone besides me at Destee.com ever seen this youtube video?

2. Astrologer4U

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    This video brought tears to my eyes.

Astrologer4U

3. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    yeah - I looked up that clip when I first heard of such a thing Here (also a great video) - I was shocked to say the least!

:heart:

4. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449
    wow, that was very disturbing.

5. Nasheed

Nasheed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Unfortunatley

I saw this video a few months ago. This is only touching the surface of the unbelievable suffering and countless murders of our ppl.

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    Oh my god....

I don't know if I am deepenly saddened or irreversibly angry. My heart is sinking and boiling at the same time. My eyes are teary but hot with rage. How long can I ......

Blackbird

7. Astrologer4U

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    Blackbird, I understand. You know what I thought about? I thought about how certain clothing we wear, that has written sayings on it and things like that, we don't know what that stuff means half the time. It could me kill blacks for all we know. The "croc baby" is no different from the Post cards hat had dead hanging black man and children on them or the aunt Jemima and minstrel soveneirs. White people actually took the horrors they inflicted on black people and turned it into suveneirs. We as black people shouldn't even be buying suveneirs unless it is something which needs to be kept alive to remind and educate our futrue children about what happen to our people. Like the man in the video did.

Sister

Astrologer4U

8. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    Sister, I agree. We go along with too much stuff without knowing the origins. I think we should collect these "souvenirs" to document the horrendous acts perpetuated on our people. These things speak about the sick psychology these people have and serves as a warning to our progeny to use caution when dealing with those who held such low regard for us.

What is really shocking and surprising is the Deep South is known as the "Bible Belt", an ultra-conservative, highly religious and race conscious swath of this country inhabited predominately by Scotch-Irish people, and a place where overt racist overtones are commonplace. How many of these "crocodile hunters" were members of a Protestant Christian denomination and quite possibly clergy/missionaries?

It makes you wonder how compatible is Christianity, at least its Southern incarnation, to the degradation of Black life? The sheer hypocrisy is staggering. The arguments against abortion and crime suddenly flys in the face of those that secretly glorify that heritage as a source of identity.

Are we being bambozzled?

I grew up in the South and can recall the paternalism and pseudo-altruism heaped upon us by so called "well-meaning" and "good" white folks. I remember one white man who was admired by many of the Black folks there as being a good and honest man (actually a swindler preying on undereducated and semi-illiterate Black people) who was eventually discovered to been the local leader of the Klan. He would come by people's homes and pray for families, holding his bible. He operated a local store and would extend credit to people because he personally knew their families (often charging unreasonable interest on that store credit).

To further the conversation and thought about the compatibility of Southern Christianity with the degradation of Black life, I think the answer might lie in the rationalization in the Southern Christian mind. I remember certain references were made in the past that what released plantation owners from the martial obligations when they engaged in criminal and adulterous behavior with their bondswomen was the individual and societal belief that somewhat Africans were less than or equated to a level of animals.

Blackbird

9. Astrologer4U

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    Blackbird, all your points are correct. The word needs to get out, we black people have been made fools of and each time we even get the thought that a white person is cool, we are really furthering them (White people) fooling us. We can not afford to allow our new generation of children to fall into the same trap. The word needs to get out that we must never forget, especially if forgetting means we as black people, should learn trust towards white people. Here is another link to wear some other black people discuss this issue, the word is getting out.

http://www.*****************/forum/open-forum/29116-black-baby-alligator-bait.html

Astrologer4U

10. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    Indeed, Sister, it's all about putting things in a context. Nothing exists within a vaccum. We need to look at things as objectively and holistically as possible, in order to make an informed decision. Often we have allowed appearances or our wishes to cloud our complete vision of determining situations.

But as I reflect on this moment in our collective history in America, I can not help but to think what role have many of the institutions we now champion played in our condition as a people.

We can not afford to think along isolated disjointed lines; we must view things in a continuum or a sequence.

Blackbird

Blackbird