Black Relationships : Brothers...question. Sisters...your comments

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by ZeroGravity, Aug 19, 2004.

1. ZeroGravity

ZeroGravity Well-Known Member MEMBER

System Administrator
    Ratings:
    +11
    Brothers. My wife and I was watching an old movie (don't recall the title) but the couple was dining in a plush restaurant. The man took the liberty of ordering for the woman and get this, he didn't ask her what she had a taste for. My wife look at me and said that she wouldn't mind me taking the lead and order for her like that...I said WOMAN PLEASE!! :lol: I could see the chaos simmering with just the thought of doing that. I can't imagine many woman in today's society that would be susceptible of such a gesture. In the past on one occassion, after asking my date what she wanted, I began ordering for us both only to be interrupted and "reminded" that she is quite capable of ordering for herself.

So my question to the brothers, do you sometimes order for your mate? and does she mind?

To the sisters, would your want your mate to order for you sometimes and how do you feel about the man doing the ordering when you dine out? Would you prefer to place the order yourself, or does it depends on the occassion?

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    i have the lady order first.

3. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    To the sisters, would you want your mate to order for you sometimes and how do you feel about the man doing the ordering when you dine out?

I would love it assuming he is someone who knows me well. I've had it done for me a few times but the things I had a taste for had been discussed in the car on the way to the restaurant. I like a man who is in charge...that I can trust to have my best interest in mind.
    Would you prefer to place the order yourself, or does it depends on the occassion?

If this is a first time date - YES!

4. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I won't do that for a woman. I can see it now. The food gets to the table at an expensive place and she's like "I don't want that, I wanted something else". Then you know who's gonna have to pay the bill for that wasted meal right.......not the woman. Girl, you better order what you want yourself, and when it gets here you better eat all of it. :wave:

5. ZeroGravity

System Administrator
    Ratings:
    +11
    :lol: James, yeah that's what I do also, but have you ordered for your lady before? and what do you think her reaction would be if you said "baby...I got this" and proceeded to order her dinner?

Great comment CarrieMonet. I hear this all the time from many women, but often times we (men) get mixed messages from sistas...thier definition of "man in charge" seems to be a little different from the men's definition or we just don't know when to apply it :laugh:

:lol: I hear ya! That's the safe route and the one I usually take, that why my reaction was what it was when my wife made that comment. There was a time though, when the man ordering the meals was commonplace. A sign of chivalry I suppose, but now everybody for themselves. The next I'm dining out, I'm going to "take the lead" and order her meal and see what happens :fight:

6. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Well, if he already knows for sure what I want I guess it would be alright. But if not, and I get something I don't like, I'll still be hungry and not satisfied. Sort of defeats the purpose of dining out, doesn't it?

7. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    If a man orders for me, he usually asks me what I want first. Only my ex has ever gotten me something I didn't ask for , but he knew I liked. Yes, most women appreciate a man who will take charge, but we do like to be asked for our opinion first... sometimes.

8. ZeroGravity

System Administrator
    Ratings:
    +11
    LOL! true...true :lol:

9. ZeroGravity

System Administrator
    Ratings:
    +11
    lol...the optimum word of course is... "sometimes" :)

10. Alkebulan

Alkebulan Well-Known Member MEMBER

slacker
    Ratings:
    +8
    "do you sometimes order for your mate?"

no way bro, that would b way too presumptuous of me, i always ask them, "will madam b wanting the big mac special, or the happy meal deal?"

hey, thas jus the kinda guy i am! :shades: