Brothers Only Voice Chat?

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by Destee, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,691
    Hello My Brothers !!!!!

This is so long overdue, a forum just for you!!!

The next question is, would you be interested in your own "Brothers Only Voice Chat?"

We currently have a "Sisters Only Voice Chat," which is held on Tuesday nights at 8 pm ET. We discuss issues that help strengthen us, and allow us to heal from the many assaults placed on the shoulders of Black women. We also share in the successes of our lives, however small, and encourage each other as we bond, laugh, cry, and embrace during this special time of ours.

How many Brothers in the Family would be interested in having your own special time to bond together? Perhaps i shouldn't word it like that, huh? Sounds kinda feminine. But yall know what i mean.

We have enough Brothers on the Moderating Team to insure that only Brothers would be present. In Sister Chat we require everyone to have a working mic and come to the mic, in order to prove that they are in fact female. I don't know if you all would want this, but that's what we do. You're welcome to do it however you please.

I'm excited about this, even though i won't be able to attend. I know that there are lots of young men that don't have positive, encouraging, and wise male role models in their life. It would be a blessing to my soul if they were able to get even a small bit of this, from our community.

You can schedule your chat any time something is not already scheduled. You can view all scheduled "classes" here: Current Class Schedule.

So please ... let me know. It's yours if you want it.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

2. kenyatta

kenyatta Well-Known Member MEMBER

fork lift driver
    Ratings:
    +2
    Still having problems

I wanted to respond to your initial offer, but I am STILL unable to get on any chat rooms. For some reason I can not get registered by the site...which keeps blinking whenever I seek to register or click the Need Help icon. Since I couldn't get registerd by the site, I made a voice wav of some of my works, but I haven't learned to UPLOAD it yet so that I can submit it.

Still Waiting.
    Keita Otiba Kenyatta

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,691
    Brother Kenyatta ... i'm not sure what you're experiencing, but i'm going to give you the step by step procedure for entering voice chat and you can tell me at which step you get stuck ... okay?

1. go to www.destee.com/chat
    this is the main chat login page

2. enter your username and click on ENTER
    you could register first, get a password mailed to you and click on Members Login ... but we're skipping that right now ... it's not needed to enter voice chat

3. then click on Start Voice Chat
    this button will appear after you do the above

4. Click Yes / OK to accept the plugin
    a black page should appear, with text on it telling you about the plugin you must accept for the chat to load properly. Once the prompt comes for the plugin, click yes to accept it, it is safe. It may take a moment for the prompt to appear and another few moments for it to download.

5. You will be presented with a page that shows our 2 rooms
    one room is OPEN MIC and the other is CLASSES ... click on OPEN MIC and you should be taken right into the room. We play music in that room, read poetry, discuss, sing, whatever we want. We hold classes in the CLASSES room, and Sister Chat is currently going on ... Sisters Only, so don't go in that one tonight.

6. Click on the room of your choice and come on in!

That's it Brother Kenyatta. If you have trouble at any step, please let me know which one and i'll be able to help better.

Looking forward to enjoying your company in voice chat.

Destee

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,691
    I'd like to add, just in case there's not enough male Moderators to keep the Sisters out, i am more than willing to come in and stand guard ... :)

Destee

5. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Great Idea.. Destee

I think it would be great... at first it may be slow... but as the younger members come aboard... and we get to share with them alternatives and solutions to things... it may work very well.

Some young men may not have a father figure. Some may just need some advise on something that happened... we can vent... discuss the issues... of our nation that affect us. Say things like guys like to put it... talking about real issues... If you are in trouble financially... we can talk and offer some alternative solutions. If we want change... we can find agreement that we will email those responsible that are elected officials... and let them know they should do what they are suppose to or give up that tax payer job.. I'm a tax payer... and I'm their boss... you are too.

Moving city to city... letting it be known... that we are a force to reckon with... because we won’t go away. Moving the issue up the channels and to the appropriate ears. Meeting again to discuss the results obtained... in every case. It’s for the children guys... mine yours... and some I don't even know... but they need us to correct the system. Work the plan and plan to work the system. Staying at all times professional... because we are.

Race, issues we face in the work world... how we handle these things... some fears every everybody face once in a while... ( yea.. we have fears.. most men ( black men ) are not being treated right or fair at work.. they have this fear that they must take it cause they are going to lose their jobs.. well let me say .. you gonna lose it anyway, if they don't want you there. So keep your dignity and let them know they picked the wrong man to confront) there are agencies that control everyone and everything... and I know of many.

We can discuss some true concerns we may have for our community or nation. Discuss our view of where we find ourselves... in America today, and ways to improve even if that is taking a new view, of how to deal until we can work and find solutions... I personally know a lot of legal... things... and my blood boils when injustice is done to anyone...

The truth brothers is... you only have to make it thru the night.. Then a new day is there for you to shape, work your plan, melt solutions and see them grow... right before your eyes... I swear ain't nothing like seeing your dreams come true... or a plan you put in place unfold...and work.

I like the idea... and like Destee said... we may want to have only men there... at first... Personally it doesn't matter to me who joins in... You just better be able to take and hear the truth. Knowing it is constructive and beneficial coming with love... from others trying to build...

Serious Brothers... strong brothers...in one place... can do a lot. So let’s bat this around... Sunday nights are good... so you start your week... and have time for your plans to unfold...
    Black Men all over the Nation coming together in one place... that is powerful....

Martin had this internet in his dream... It is our vehicle.

6. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
  7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,691
    Brother OldSoul ... please come into voice chat, that's the first step.

Looking forward to chatting with you.

Destee

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,691
    Brother HODEE ... i'm going to go with your suggestion of Sunday nights @ 8 pm ET, since nothing currently has that time. If you all want something different let me know.

Destee

9. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Schedule change

Destee

This follow up is because something did come up this weekend, and it also had me reflecting on the weekend as a whole. Many of us have families, and even those without families. Have commitments, that require certain things be done during the weekend.

Sunday is the day most are returning from family functions, those commitments and leisure activity. In my case I found it hard to be back in time on Sunday, and participate in the meetings.

I checked the calender. Wednesday night seems to be open. I am available, and I do have more control on my individual time during the weeknights. I see no problem in scheduling the meetings, on Wednesday nights @8PM EST.

I'm not the only interested individual here, if anyone else wanted a different day, or a better time suited that individual. I have no problem with that. I totally understand. I'm flexible like I said any night of the week. I'm home and finished with all commitments by evenings end.

I know I would enjoy spending time sharing information and idea's with my other brothers here on Destee. So I'm looking forward to this.

Destee thanks too for being so understanding and flexible.

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,691
    Brother HODEE ... we are oh so very flexibile! In our effort to accomodate the majority of our Brothers, additional changes may be necessary, that's fine. None of this, our entire community, has come without adjustments being made all along the way. It's all good.

I have made our "Brothers Only Voice Chat" a part of our regularly scheduled events and created a thread in the Online Classes Forum.

Brother OldSoul ... such a pleasure to hear your voice and enjoy your company in voice chat ... looking forward to much more.

Wednesday @ 8 pm ET it is.

If there is anything else i can do, just let me know.

Destee