Brothers have feelings too!

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by plainrhythm, Nov 7, 2004.

1. plainrhythm

plainrhythm Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    :hammer: :kick: :wchair:

let me give you a scenario... it's all great and ish when a sister pushes her man around and slaps him because she can, but when a man does something to her, it's all so big and the guy gets sent to prison and the woman who provoked him is suddenly so helpless... yes i understand that there are more cases of domestic violence towards women but the brothers need to be shown some love! :luvv:

recently there was a case of one of my good friends gettin mistreated by his woman and she'd always give him some story like "***** puhleese! you know you couldn't touch e if you tried, imma call 5.0 on yo a**" i mean, just because a brother is strong, don't mean he don't have feelings nah sayin?

fellaz: speak your mind, i just needed to say sumthing :idea:

sistahs: think about it and holla. :idea:

peace, love and prosperity.
    plain.

2. Solo

Solo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Tech Support for an ISP
    Ratings:
    +4
    I think it's best to avoid these kinds of women. A violent woman would get me locked up quick, and I don't have time to be going to prison over some crazy chick.

The best thing for a man to do when he learns a woman has violent tendencies is to escape, QUICK.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Even the strongest of men are to some degree weak when it
    come to a woman but a violent woman is many reasons to break
    away faster then seconds ticking ...... It's true we as men do need
    the love and affection as women do but to sit in a rage of war and
    mentally crush or physically beaten is no man dream or will stay in
    such drama ........Many men will walk away faster then a woman would
    sure we feel we human and have a heart but to beat means split up
    before someone become hurt.....I hear ya speaking out here brutha

4. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    PlainRhythm, yeah, I guess this sort of thing is out there, with cats being beat down by their women, but not as much as the other way around.... That's why this thread hasn't drawn that much attention...

When I was a child, there was an older brother who used catch hammers and hatchets all up side his dome from this old tough, bessie smith type a sister, and she even cut his brother up with a razor after he intervened to stop her from beating up on little bruh... She was just a tough assed country sister, and folks just stepped off when they saw sista comin'... Plus, she wore shades all the time, too!(smile!) Didn't know what she was up to, man(smile!)

But that's rare... Sistas hitting a brother is usually about self-defense, and she should send his behind to the hospital if she has to "defend" herself from his violence, dig???

Peace!
    Isaiah

5. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Plainrhythm

I don't believe in staying in any violent situation unless it must be done to protect my peoples.

When a relationship becomes mentally, physically, or emotionally abusive...LEAVE. It's more destructive than supportive. Man or woman. Just leave. Your heart will ache for a minute...but that too shall pass.

I refuse to tolerate anything negative from anyone. Love yourself. At the moment, I'm being supportive to a Sista that won't leave a Brotha...and it's painfully obvious that he doesn't care about her. But, she refuses to leave. She says she's getting tired...and yet, she doesn't leave him alone. I just listen...and talk a little...and then listen somemore. But, eventually, if she doesn't leave him, I will have to say no more discussions about him...go to someone and discuss this...or live in it until GOD lays hands on you...cuz I can't take anymore. I'd hate to do this young Sista like that...but that's how it is.

My point? LEAVE folks alone BEFORE they get violent. Read the signs...hit the road.

Peace, Fam.

6. plainrhythm

Ratings:
    +7
    Feelin you brothaz, really. but as a sistah i have come across a couple of women who do it to get a guy in prison cuz he duped her or somethin...
    thats my prob... why do they have to act up like thAT?

peace yall.
    one love.
    plain

7. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Let's just break it down Sister Plain by recognizing that there are some krazy sisters out there who mean more harm than good when it comes to being in a relationship with a man. There are some women who don't like men, will stalk them and kill them if they got the chance. They have women serial killers in prison for killing men. Domestic or spousal abuse is not solely a man's issue. Petty jealousies, low self-esteem, clinical depression, and back in the 1980s even PMS have all been blamed and given as reasons why women beat up on men. Self-defense and survival is one thing. Going out of your way like a heat seeking missle to hurt or destroy members of the male population is another.

So yes, Black women are guilty of this type of ill behavior too.

Queenie :spinstar:

8. plainrhythm

Ratings:
    +7
    feelin you queenie... thanks for the wordz of wizdom..

9. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Women always think they can swing first and not get hit. I think if a woman tries to hit a man, the rest is on her. I've had women swing on me but I never gave her the pleasure of getting slapped because I don't look good in orange. Why is it that women think they have the green light to swing when they get pissed? If a woman tries to hit you leave, because that's just as bad as a man hitting a woman. Just because it doesn't hurt, doesn't mean you should'nt worry about it. A hit is one step away from getting stabbed.

10. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Good advice brother Kente!