Black Men : Brothers - Changing Our Choices

I guess I'll start this shin-dig off.

The first choice I would make is to increase my love for myself. I would block out everything that is an attack on my personal character, because of who I am becoming. I will increase the forgiveness I give to myself. I will affirm myself more. And I would do this to become strong enough to help others. I will learn all I can to build up who I am becoming, and not limit myself to the limiting opinions of who others say I should be. I will be unafraid to dream, to plan, to conquer setbacks, to pray, to love, to hope, and to help.

The second set of choices I would change are my friends. I would not choose friends who affect me negatively on a consistent basis. My friends would sharpen who I am becoming and encourage me, even correcting me when necessary, respectfully.

The third choice set I would change relates to dating. I will commit to taking time to know the woman I am interested in. I will not be rushed into making a marital decision. As the old song goes, "take time to know her." Rushing in is for fools, and I've been a fool once already. Since I have no more gimmies to use in this area, I guess I better make smarter decisions. If you are not willing to commit the time into being real with me, I WILL drop you and move on. Call it cold or whatever you want, but a brother has a destiny to meet and those who hinder me are wasting my time.

Fourth would be money and business choices. I will study and apply both knowledge and faith to this subject, and I WILL be successful in all my endeavors. And I will use my success as an opportunity to truly help others in need who sincerely want to be helped. And I will help train brothers who aspire to achieve their goals as well.

Not specific, but those are the general spectrum of my choice areas. I have not always thought this way. For many years, I was influenced by negative people into thinking that I had nothing to hope for, to offer others, to give in terms of love or friendship. Now that I see that those past sayings were lies, I plan to come at the world full force with all that I am.

choices if i could change them for our better tomorrow would be for my people
to come to a unity and unite this will open doors unknown and wide for us to become
better people from our oppressor and nightmare we in mentally slaved.

I would change my way of how i would mate with a woman moreso like looking
much deeper into her whole as a person and woman we have to have a mindset
goals and spiritually together to live outside the box of struggle and hardship

If i could bring change to tomorrow it would be to end the homeless and hunger
that so many of my brother and sister go through and suffer from
I would create jobs to bring the working class back on a rise to better the economy

The choice i have to love i would change to love more deeper and harder so everyone
would know I am that I am and who I am as a brother /man and Father

I would know how to pick and choose words that would reach people through my art
this i will continue to strive fore to better myself so that i can better someone else life
my list can be a book so i'll stop here but will add more later......

CHANGE is in order, first part of changing our choices start with self which i look
to change my choices everyday the peek of greatness has no limits

GREETINGS NyneElementz....

BEFORE I LEARNED HOW THE CONCEPT OF INDIVIDUALISM HAS SHAPED , INITIATED , AND GREATLY INFLUENCED MY CHOICES , I DIDNT EXERCISE MUCH THOUGHT ON MAKING MY CHOICES FROM A " HELPING MY PEOPLE ' ASPECT.

I WAS FULLY INTO SELF...AND CONSIDERING THE CURRENT SYSTEM WE LIVE IN , THAT ALSO HAS A POWERFUL GRIP ON THE TURNING POINTS OF THIS COUNTRY'S VARIOUS POPULAR & SEMI-POPULAR CULTURES...I WAS FLOATING AROUND MAKING CHOICES THAT I HAD TO LEARN FROM , AGAIN , AND AGAIN , AGAIN.

SOME OF MY CHOICES WERE BENEFICIAL , SOME WERE NOT .

BUT , HAD I KNOWN HOW THIS SYSTEM IS CAREFULLY DIRECTED BY THE POWER OF TELEVISION , I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT MY CHOICES OF THE PAST WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY DIFFERENT...

IN A WAY YOU COULD SAY THAT IM CLINGING TO THAT OLD SAYING...." IF I KNEW THEN WHAT I KNOW NOW..."

BUT WHAT IM REALLY SAYING IS I WISH I HAD A STRONGER THIRST FOR THE REAL HISTORY OF MY PEOPLE AT AN EARLIER AGE , BECAUSE IF I HAD THAT THIRST BACK THEN , MY CHOICES WOULD HAVE BEEN QUITE DIFFERENT , SHAPING MY MIND & CHARACTER TO A MUCH HIGHER LEVEL OF UNDERSTANDING..

SO , IN THE FUTURE , AS I HAVE BEEN EXERCISING THE PAST 5 YEARS , INDIVIDUALISM WILL NOT BE OF ANY SERIOUS SIGNIFIGANCE IN MY CHOICES.

WARRIOR

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back