Black Men : Brothers - Changing Our Choices

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by NyneElementz, Oct 20, 2011.

1. NyneElementz

NyneElementz Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +356
    Piggybacking off of Destee's idea, I'd like to pose this question to my brothers:

Based on your personal past choices and recognizing how they shaped where you are today, what life choices are you willing to make to bring about the tomorrow that you really want?

Looking forward to reading the answers.

2. NyneElementz

United States
    Ratings:
    +356
    I guess I'll start this shin-dig off.

The first choice I would make is to increase my love for myself. I would block out everything that is an attack on my personal character, because of who I am becoming. I will increase the forgiveness I give to myself. I will affirm myself more. And I would do this to become strong enough to help others. I will learn all I can to build up who I am becoming, and not limit myself to the limiting opinions of who others say I should be. I will be unafraid to dream, to plan, to conquer setbacks, to pray, to love, to hope, and to help.

The second set of choices I would change are my friends. I would not choose friends who affect me negatively on a consistent basis. My friends would sharpen who I am becoming and encourage me, even correcting me when necessary, respectfully.

The third choice set I would change relates to dating. I will commit to taking time to know the woman I am interested in. I will not be rushed into making a marital decision. As the old song goes, "take time to know her." Rushing in is for fools, and I've been a fool once already. Since I have no more gimmies to use in this area, I guess I better make smarter decisions. If you are not willing to commit the time into being real with me, I WILL drop you and move on. Call it cold or whatever you want, but a brother has a destiny to meet and those who hinder me are wasting my time.

Fourth would be money and business choices. I will study and apply both knowledge and faith to this subject, and I WILL be successful in all my endeavors. And I will use my success as an opportunity to truly help others in need who sincerely want to be helped. And I will help train brothers who aspire to achieve their goals as well.

Not specific, but those are the general spectrum of my choice areas. I have not always thought this way. For many years, I was influenced by negative people into thinking that I had nothing to hope for, to offer others, to give in terms of love or friendship. Now that I see that those past sayings were lies, I plan to come at the world full force with all that I am.

3. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    The one choice I made was to get my relationship with God stronger, that opened my eyes, I learned about my true nationality and got an even deeper love for myself and my people. That's the best way imho to bring about a better tomorrow.

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    choices if i could change them for our better tomorrow would be for my people
    to come to a unity and unite this will open doors unknown and wide for us to become
    better people from our oppressor and nightmare we in mentally slaved.

I would change my way of how i would mate with a woman moreso like looking
    much deeper into her whole as a person and woman we have to have a mindset
    goals and spiritually together to live outside the box of struggle and hardship

If i could bring change to tomorrow it would be to end the homeless and hunger
    that so many of my brother and sister go through and suffer from
    I would create jobs to bring the working class back on a rise to better the economy

The choice i have to love i would change to love more deeper and harder so everyone
    would know I am that I am and who I am as a brother /man and Father

I would know how to pick and choose words that would reach people through my art
    this i will continue to strive fore to better myself so that i can better someone else life
    my list can be a book so i'll stop here but will add more later......

CHANGE is in order, first part of changing our choices start with self which i look
    to change my choices everyday the peek of greatness has no limits

5. WARRIOR

WARRIOR BAMN - By Any Means Necessary PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +299
    GREETINGS NyneElementz....

BEFORE I LEARNED HOW THE CONCEPT OF INDIVIDUALISM HAS SHAPED , INITIATED , AND GREATLY INFLUENCED MY CHOICES , I DIDNT EXERCISE MUCH THOUGHT ON MAKING MY CHOICES FROM A " HELPING MY PEOPLE ' ASPECT.

I WAS FULLY INTO SELF...AND CONSIDERING THE CURRENT SYSTEM WE LIVE IN , THAT ALSO HAS A POWERFUL GRIP ON THE TURNING POINTS OF THIS COUNTRY'S VARIOUS POPULAR & SEMI-POPULAR CULTURES...I WAS FLOATING AROUND MAKING CHOICES THAT I HAD TO LEARN FROM , AGAIN , AND AGAIN , AGAIN.

SOME OF MY CHOICES WERE BENEFICIAL , SOME WERE NOT .

BUT , HAD I KNOWN HOW THIS SYSTEM IS CAREFULLY DIRECTED BY THE POWER OF TELEVISION , I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT MY CHOICES OF THE PAST WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY DIFFERENT...

IN A WAY YOU COULD SAY THAT IM CLINGING TO THAT OLD SAYING...." IF I KNEW THEN WHAT I KNOW NOW..."

BUT WHAT IM REALLY SAYING IS I WISH I HAD A STRONGER THIRST FOR THE REAL HISTORY OF MY PEOPLE AT AN EARLIER AGE , BECAUSE IF I HAD THAT THIRST BACK THEN , MY CHOICES WOULD HAVE BEEN QUITE DIFFERENT , SHAPING MY MIND & CHARACTER TO A MUCH HIGHER LEVEL OF UNDERSTANDING..

SO , IN THE FUTURE , AS I HAVE BEEN EXERCISING THE PAST 5 YEARS , INDIVIDUALISM WILL NOT BE OF ANY SERIOUS SIGNIFIGANCE IN MY CHOICES.

WARRIOR

6. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Get out of debt. Stay out of debt.

7. NyneElementz

United States
    Ratings:
    +356
    Shikamaru,

I agree with you there, and I'm guessing a lot more, seeing where that move alone would help us collectively if we just follow that solid advice.

8. NyneElementz

United States
    Ratings:
    +356
    Another choice I have made, and one I suggest to others, especially christians is this:

To stop relying on the words of our spiritual leaders only and study to build our own knowledge. For christians, blow the dust off your bible and stop sitting and accepting everything told to you.

For me, I have read the bible more intensely, and I found that it DOES NOT support the common philosophies shouted by many who call themselves preachers. I have found that the Bible is NOT just spiritual instruction, but wholistic instruction - instruction for every area of your life, most of it indirect instruction (read between the lines).

I personally believe that everything you hear from your pastor should either (1) confirm what you have already been revealed or (2) open your eyes to a new revelation. Again,the bible is wholistic, not victim-mentality building, not doormat-mentality building, not pacifism-mentality building, and certainly not poverty-mentality building. For those of you who think differently, I suggest you read Deuteronomy chapters 8 and 28 again or Jeremiah 29:11.

9. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    you got that right debt is one of our greatest hold backs.......

10. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Your question was tough. There is more I can do.

I'm beginning to exercise more to maintain and increase my health.

After the debt is gone, I can do anything. Anything I desire.

I want to get to the youth. I have much knowledge to impart to them.
    I want to steer young Nubian men away from all the traps that are out here in society (and there are a bunch).