Black Men : Brothers - Can You Discuss Your Collective Failures? - (Only Brothers Post Please)

I don't know if there's much more to add to what's already been said.

Mentoring is something sorely needed. Even if it's talking to a young man on the street when we see him doing something wrong. We need to talk to him and show him there's another way.

Another failure is our unwillingness to seek out medical attention. Granted many of us don't have health insurance, but we need to find a way get regular check ups. Especially colon-rectal screenings.

Psychic, mental and spiritual cleanings would help to :fyi:

'

I couldn't agree more with what is said here in all

one of our greatest failures is pointing out the solutions and working to correct them
we failed to have action answers to strive on and start the healing and reclaiming
so yes let's dig deeper for solutions of our collective failure.

We can't form a village when we are yet not ready to step out the valley......

I don't know if there's much more to add to what's already been said.

Mentoring is something sorely needed. Even if it's talking to a young man on the street when we see him doing something wrong. We need to talk to him and show him there's another way.

Another failure is our unwillingness to seek out medical attention. Granted many of us don't have health insurance, but we need to find a way get regular check ups. Especially colon-rectal screenings.

Psychic, mental and spiritual cleanings would help to :fyi:

'

Thank you Bruh for the welcome back..And might I add in addition to correcting our young brothers when they do something wrong we should also praise them when they do something right. I was just talking to my son today about the negative expectation placed upon our young men. For them the world has labled them failures and underachievers already without knowing them. Our young men must live down a multitude of negative expectation. It goes a long way to them to know that they have someone on their side that is not making excuses for their mistakes but giving them guidence and wisdom. Our young brothers are not as closed minded as we would like to think. They are real though. You can't step to them with nonsense. They will see through it in a heartbeat.

Also bruh you are absolutely on point about check ups and medical examines. Once you get over 40 these things have to take priority in your life. We can't be affective elders and pass our widsom on if we aren't here.

Continued....

Peace and Blessings Brothers,

Can you discuss your collective failures without mentioning Sisters?

That is the challenge of this thread ... so please ... stay very focused ... this is about Brothers and their collective failures.

For the sake of this discussion, collective failure could mean any thing, choice, or decision that Brothers do or make specifically, that impacts our people negatively.

I think it's important for each group of us to be able to do this, independent of the other, and have started a like thread for Sisters.

Please don't post in theirs, and i'm asking them not to post in yours.

Remember, this is about Brothers, not Sisters, so please stay focused.

I'm really looking forward to your perspective on the collective failures.

Of course you're welcome to say Brothers have no collective failures, if that's what you think.

It will be interesting to see how many things match in each thread (i.e. Sisters see it in themselves, and Brothers see it in themselves).

Correcting our collective failures requires identifying them, and i hope this effort leads us in that direction.

Love You and Thanks in Advance!

:heart:

Destee

We allowed the stupid and the ignorant to define blackness.

Snoop

Jay Z

etc are NOT black men!

.....more later

:em0200:

Last edited:
thefailure of 1000 plus of us right here to dialogue, plan, design nd enact at least one

project for the benefit of the children of the National Black community,
that we can enact on a state by state process
and relate back,
the results, not just an ego based, I did this long ago or I did that back in the day,
but a serious and consistent,
dialogue amongst Black men regarding what we can establish a consensus on and

brainstorm for real solutions, and not just "the endless reaganite", shame on negros approach.

We used to say long ago it takes a village to raise a child

What ever happened to that village?[/QUOTE]

In 1981, as a graduate student at UCLA, I created a community service program known as the African Education Project. AEP did tutoring and instructional media programs in inner-city schools in Los Angeles as well as networking with organizations that were involved in the anti-apartheid movement. AEP was designed to supplement work conducted by the Steve Biko Project which conducted fundraising and a scholarship program for exiled students from South Africa. In its evolution, AEP members established the Academic Supports Program which was oriented to give academic support for Black and other minority students in higher education and improving retention rates. AEP also was active in operating the Uhuru Shule Pre-School in South Central Los Angeles. Many AEP directors were involved in establishing a Black statewide student alliance and many are active today as community and civic leaders. In fact, some are local leaders in the Leimert Park area of Los Angeles which is the only remaining African-centered arts community in Los Angeles. I cant speak for what others are doing or not doing in their respective communities, therefore I think that generalizations as to what folks are not doing are short-sighted and a slight to the history of those who have played pivotal roles in shaping our communities.
you have been here all theseyears therefore why have you not presented or posted the continuation of all that in the 21 century, or started a group , here?

You have been here longer then most!

The statement was about not what folks are or not actually doing, that no one can verify until we go to each state and see what each was doing.

No one is accusing anyone here of not placeing the bucket were they stand becuse I have enough confidence in the multitood of brothers andsisters that most aredoing great things that they don't wish to put in the internet to have so and so destroytheir efforts.

The statement was about right here and what could be done,
right here

Folks are making millions on the internet selling bullcrap, sexual entertainment and hype, therefore
why is it
a crime or a sin
to discuss serious and methodocal ways to help the Black community on the same internet to reach millions as well?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back