Black Relationships : Brothers Are You Ready For your woman?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by MANASIAC, Apr 6, 2006.

1. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Fellas let's keep real.

Are you really ready?

I know I was not at first but after time I got my mind right.

2. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I know I am. It's been a long road in getting to that point, but I feel like I'm ready and willing to have a relationship. I feel the question of being "ready" is a good one to pose, because a lot of people (men and women) claim this and that about the opposite sex, but they really aren't ready themselves. :peace:

3. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    nope......aint ready aint tryin ta get ready either ..........good question though

Red

4. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34

:lol: Man, more people need to be honest like that. Nothing wrong with that either. It's all about what you want out of life, and if a relationship isn't your priority then that's no one elses business. :peace:

5. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    see...i used to think like this...but just because your partner has money equal or greater than yours, does it mean that you will be happy in the long run...
    or is having things in common and similar life goals more important? i am asking these questions becasue i am torn with the answer myself.....

one love
    khasm

6. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    oh...and to answer the ? at hand....i'm still not there completely...but i am working on it...

my hardest problem is including my mate on decisions that i feel are mine to make...i've heard this phrase one time too many..."do you think that it is right to make decisions for both of us?"....smh

still in training
    khasm

7. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    brothers are you ready...

good question,heck i've been married for[28 yrs]and i STILL don't think i'm ready,it's trial and error.

8. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    @ Oldiesman....
    You said it right, it is all about trial and error, my s/o and I have so many minor differences, I wonder how we make it.......LOL.....I couldn't pair up with someone who is my mirror, where does the room for growth come in? :)

9. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    At this point in my life, because I don't feel I've had the most optimum interactions with women, I'd have to say no.

This is why I keep stressing to everyone here, that I would like to have more positive interactions with women, and on a regular basis.

Yet, everyone here seems to think that my "issues" will be somehow solved, when I meet my "Queen".

There are Brothers here who are struggling in their relationships, and they are married. Thus, what good would I be to my Queen, if I can't interact with her properly?

Finding my Queen is not the solution for me (at least, not right now)....However, having more positive interactions with Sisters --including dating, flirting, intimacy, etc is most definitely what I need.

Until I become comfortable with those things, then no, I am not ready for "my woman".

PEACE

10. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Sam.....

Do you have any female friends? If she proposed an intimate relationship with you, would you take it there?